LegacyGT.com

Official PA Legacy Thread

bobo69

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome. :) You're pretty local to me then. I'm over in Glenside. I don't see too many GTs around, mostly 2.5is. Did you go to Glannzman Subaru?

Nope, I bought mine at Welsh Subaru in Limerick, for whatever reason Limited LGT's under 20k are really hard to find at dealerships in this area.

Welcome Siper. Congrats on the new car. But, I'll bet you'll have regrets not hanging onto the RS. I know I do.

Of course I do, but I don't have the space/money in my life for two cars. I had the choice of modding the hell out of the RS, or "settling" (not the case at all, if you ask me) for the GT.

A WRX swap in the RS would've been $4-6,000. For a used EJ205. That's just the engine. I might've wanted better calipers, maybe an EJ255 or even an STi EJ257 swap, really. So let's say $4-12K, actually.

Or....

Sell the RS for $7K, and buy a $12K GT with half the mileage. Which has an EJ255........stock........... and I can throw on some exhaust bits, an AP, suspension and good brake pads, and call it a wrap.

And only pay $130/mo. for the car payment, considerably less than I'd have had to save per month, for some nutty swap in the RS. Oh, and it needed paint.

*shrug*

So, yeah I miss it, but... two cars at the same time, which I'd want to mod.... would be too much.

• 2 weeks later...

'08 Speb B tuned by Precision Tuning in Lakewood NJ. No one knows what my car is until they see me blast by 'em. No exterior mods. Looks sedate. Diamond Grey with quad cat back. Cobb Accessport Protuned mapping, Cobb catted downpipe, Ingen uppipe, Perrin= length headers, Cusco sway bars, Cusco Strut bar, Perrin turbo inlet hose & Perrin hoses. Not many tuned LGTs but lots of LGTs. Owned a silver '05 LGT Cobb Stage 2 before my new (12/31/07) Spec B. We need a local get together to show our cars & talk the talk.

Brian1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived