LegacyGT.com

Any interest in black Delrin shift knob ???

CasopoliS

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Start a list if you would buy one for MT.

1. LGT Dave

2. Panamajack

3. Wuzkrackin83

4. CDN 2.5i

5. Bwana

Start a list if you would buy one for AT. (I would design the bottom to taper)

1. magnus617

1. LGT Dave

2. Panamajack

3. Wuzkrackin83

4. CDN 2.5i

5. Bwana

6. Gfxdave99

1. magnus617

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

i cant believe i'm the only one interested in a at knob!

I will probably design an AT knob... but I am not sure what you guys are looking for. A round design? More of a 'shaft' design?

I am putting an order through for the MT knobs soon, so those will be available and priced VERY well ;) I hope to piggy back this order with a couple AT design prototypes... so I need input regarding this.

Any ability to modify (ever so slightly) the MT knob design at this stage?

Its the knob to boot interface that I'm concerned about - the square edge on the knob. I recognize the Momo looks exactly the same but I wonder if you couldn't round that edge slightly to ease the visual transition to the boot? I think this point may have been raised either in this thread or the other but I think it will have more appeal and a more finished look with this treatment, if it's still possible?

Looking forward to the production going forward!

Any ability to modify (ever so slightly) the MT knob design at this stage?

Its the knob to boot interface that I'm concerned about - the square edge on the knob. I recognize the Momo looks exactly the same but I wonder if you couldn't round that edge slightly to ease the visual transition to the boot? I think this point may have been raised either in this thread or the other but I think it will have more appeal and a more finished look with this treatment, if it's still possible?

Looking forward to the production going forward!

The newest design that I am having made DOES have a radius here... my previous prototypes did not. This will help with strength here too, though its not much of an issue.

One thing I have noticed is the variation in shift boots here. Some are wrapped tighter around up top, while some are not. The curved edge will help with this. GREAT idea.... (great minds think alike ;)) !!!

Any chance of the heavy one ever making production?

I think only if its all metal. Maybe I can make a metal knob, and have nice 'booties' made for them that get rid of heat when the car sits in the sun.

A pure, solid, stainless steel knob would be sweet.... if I could keep it the right temp. I wonder what they would cost....

1. LGT Dave

2. Panamajack

3. Wuzkrackin83

4. CDN 2.5i

5. Bwana

6. Gfxdave99

7. Isuace

1. magnus617

1. LGT Dave

2. Panamajack

3. Wuzkrackin83

4. CDN 2.5i

5. Bwana

6. Gfxdave99

7. Isuace

8. puzzled

1. magnus617

Great idea.

Will the outer be keyed to the inner? I don't think I would want anything that would spin... and to have the circlip tight enough might make assembly a biatch.

What are your thoughts on a cover for the hole on top? Would there be one? If there is, how do you remove the cover once installed without damaging the recess? A small black rubber "button" would probably work and could be carefully picked out with a razor blade or the like... but to find the right bit might be a challenge...

I'm still interested in as short a total height for the MT as possible too.

If you want a shorter knob, what you really need is a shorter lever. You can only lower it so much.... This threads all the way down to there the shaft is just below the top of the knob. Get a short-throw shifter lever if you want something shorter.... or use a die to shorten your stock shaft.

The sleeve will rotate.... which I would not mind when shifting fast. I can look into keying it..... but who knows.

Archived