LegacyGT.com

Any interest in black Delrin shift knob ???

CasopoliS

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

still waiting to hear back from the fabricator. he is probably as busy as I am. I will get on it.

So would you guys be willing to pay like $60 for the weighted delrin? I redesigned it to have the metal go straight down rather than curvy like it was in my last rendering.

Just out of curiosity this will fit a WRX too right? My friend has the "DSG" (Dent Sport Design) delrin knob and I love it! I wished they made it weighted though. It seems you have answered those requests! :)

-L

still waiting to hear back from the fabricator. he is probably as busy as I am. I will get on it.

So would you guys be willing to pay like $60 for the weighted delrin? I redesigned it to have the metal go straight down rather than curvy like it was in my last rendering.

$60.00 is definitely doable.

I prefer the "curvey" as it resembles the STI reverse trigger and adds a little something that other "ball" type knobs don't have.

I also have a couple of guys that would be interested.

Keep me posted...

Ok cool. I dont even know fabrication price yet on these, I hope I can get something reasonable. Even if profits would be weak, I will still get them made for you guys.... its good for my business.

FYI I have been busy these days and I am looking into starting up an LLC next year... so things have been hectic to say the least.

• 3 months later...

BUMP

I just got updated pricing on these and thinking about making a batch

Again.... it is 100% Delrin, about 100 grams, and would be slightly shorter than the design you see prototyped in the images below. Threaded for Subarus. Designed for MT. shift boot 'clip' I don't have the time right now to deal with a stainless steel insert for weight, so I will just sell these for cheap.

Estimated Pricing - $45 shipped

Start a list if you would buy one for MT.

Start a list if you would buy one for AT. (I would design the bottom to taper)

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/414/dscf9358zc5.jpg

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1419/dscf9362ko9.jpg

Pics in the car. After driving with it for a bit, it polishes up more.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=776147&postcount=67

BUMP

Again.... it is 100% Delrin, about 100 grams, and would be slightly shorter than the design you see prototyped in the images below. Threaded for Subarus. Designed for MT. shift boot 'clip' I don't have the time right now to deal with a stainless steel insert for weight, so I will just sell these for cheap.

1. magnus617

never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills at the same time as a laxative.

BUMP

1. LGT Dave

1. magnus617

1. LGT Dave

2. Panamajack

3. Wuzkrackin83

4. CDN 2.5i

1. magnus617

Hoping for same price shipped to Canada :-), should be negligible difference USPS I would expect?

Also, what's the latest on some additional treatment as was once suggested, e.g. couple of grooves etc? I wouldn't want anything with an edge that could be distracting tactically but for aesthetics, might be nice to break up the ball a bit?

Archived