LegacyGT.com

Intake for 2.5i!!!

I have not felt any loss in power or anything people have been talking about. car run a bit better and the MPG's have went up to 30 from 27. I just think people are looking to deep into the 2.5I intake. Remember the car is not made to be a performance car. Made more for great MPG.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi guys -- I'm almost done with my testing. The mpg data I was gathering was impacted by external conditions, but I still think I can pull something useful from the results. Here's a preview:

Stay tuned!

Onthewagon - Can you give a parts lists of what you used for the pipe?

I remember seeing that 1-piece too, but I couldnt find a vendor that carries that specific piece anymore. That's probably why everyone is doing the Spectre pieces now.

are you talking about the zero sports for 1xx.oo some odd dollers .that is the only one i can think off

^totally forgot about that piece, I believe EAT Motorsports sells it. The other piece I was refering to, you can ignore that. I just realized it connects from the airbox directly to the throttle body, not to the "torque box".

Im just gonna wait for AVO to release their 2.5i intake, I love their products and have a good rep. Im assuming/hoping they'll sell the intake seperately outside of the turbo kit.

Yeah what exactly happened to that? I'm willing to go in for that if it makes more noise :D but i hope we dont lose any torque with that intake. The Spectre mod is nearly perfect in all driving situations, couldnt say the same for the Injen, which killed low-end torque.

got a pic or info on that AVO intake?

It's just part of the turbo kit that's in development. Here's a prototype on a N/A Impreza:

http://www.avoturboworld.com/images/stories/09_news/0908_rskit_proto/rs_kit03.jpg

Been following the posts about the hybrid Spectre intake setup (45 and 60 degree with couplers, stock air box) and decided to give it a try. Installed it last weekened on my 09.

Not sure what to make of it from a MPG and power band standpoint.

Had been hearing about the subtle jump in MPG but after a week of mostly highway driving, did not see any positive numbers. In fact it dropped from 26.1 to 24.3.

Response on the low end feels slightly more constricted while top end has the occasional (surprising) kick compared to factory tubing.

I have an automatic. Shift from 1st to 2nd has slightly less drop off.

Wondering if this is consistent with other experiences. Considering going back to stock tubing.

I did the spectre mod, looks "smoother" then the factory one, took me a while to install it, since I got the black rubber couplers and even though it was 3" they felt a bit smaller and was a total pain to put on. Then I put some spit on it and it installed just fine, not sure about mileage since everything was pissing me off, drove more aggressively.

The spectre one is 2 piece and was pretty cheap off amazon.

Here's what happened to me:

Got the Spectre mod on. . .liked it for awhile, then went back to stock.

Had the stock setup on for awhile just to feel it out, eventually went back to Spectre.

Now the Spectre has been on ever since.

Honestly, I get a much stronger immediate kick when I punch the gas from the Spectre.

Stock did not provide that, more hesitation with the stock setup. Overrall, the stock setup felt more constrictive. I have a 5MT though.

I personally have a set of custom Injen CAI w/ AEM Dry flow filter and would like to let it go.

I did some change to the original Injec pipe and make it hook up to the torque box.(the one connected to the T/B) This setup is by far the best I have ever experienced. It improved the power across whole rpm range.

Now this setup is sitting in my garage because my 05 2.5i is totaled resulted from flood damage half an year ago.

• 1 month later...

Archived