LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I soaked mine with Liquid Wrench. I then put Vice grips on the top of the bolt and used a socket on the bottom. It broke loose and came of with a little muscle. Make sure you do not drop a washer down into your exhaust or it will get shot back into your muffler. You will have to remove the muffler to get it out.

You'll already have the muffler free to swing out of the way if you do this. Just fire up the car and it will shoot out of the y-pipe. Swing muffler back and install washers again.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

imagine if you decided to run muffler deletes after you dropped the washer in, LoL, some one would have a very unpleasant evening trying to figure out how a washer penetrated there bumper, lol:lol:
I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

imagine if you decided to run muffler deletes after you dropped the washer in, LoL, some one would have a very unpleasant evening trying to figure out how a washer penetrated there bumper, lol:lol:

From experience, the wayward washer is expelled as soon as the engine fires. Damn my fat fingers and mechanic gloves:spin:

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

• 4 weeks later...

15 washers stacked up. Count 'em 15. Someone had to. Videos will be posted asap, and I will be putting it back to 2-3 washers tonight...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEp187iIZZs]YouTube - 15 Washer Hog-Zaust 007.avi[/ame]

And the driveby:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uezxJGxRrWU]YouTube - 15 Washer Hog-Zaust 008.avi[/ame]

659922362_15WasherHog-Zaust006.thumb.jpg.ce2f4419522612612c120d4316210623.jpg

Edited by Maddie08

LOL at the pic! I have somewhat done that too by disconnecting the mufflers altogether, and just running with nothing. A tad too loud for me, considering I was also catless. It wasn't terrible, but gave me a headache....I also never had that screech. lol...

I find 2-3 at once is perfect. Shit though, that 2nd vid - makes it sound like you have a wicked sick turbo!!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

2 washer installed tonight, sounds nice. For what it is, we will see how it is on the highway tomorrow morning...if it keeps snowing like it is...no...lol

Edit: for anyone that wants to know before crawling under their car the bolt is 14mm and you need two, a wrench and a socket or two wrenches.

Edited by schwartzki

15 washers stacked up. Count 'em 15. Someone had to. Videos will be posted asap, and I will be putting it back to 2-3 washers tonight...

YouTube - 15 Washer Hog-Zaust 007.avi

And the driveby:

YouTube - 15 Washer Hog-Zaust 008.avi

LOL, I have to say, It sounds absolutely awesome, very harsh, but whistling sound is HILARIOUS,

the only good thing about that is driving by a girl cute girl with a skirt, and rev it a lil, so you get the rumble plus the whistle.....hahaha best of both worlds:lol::lol:

I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

LOL, I have to say, It sounds absolutely awesome, very harsh, but whistling sound is HILARIOUS,

the only good thing about that is driving by a girl cute girl with a skirt, and rev it a lil, so you get the rumble plus the whistle.....hahaha best of both worlds:lol::lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpl_ey5cVnk]Whistle Tips[/ame]

Why the hell did I wait until friggin' cold hit to seriously ponder doing this.

I didn't quite have the time to read all the pages, but here are some questions

-moisture in teh exhaust?

-any gasses at all still being passed into the muffler? I mean, are they still at work or just worthless for the most part

-what's the consensus on the # of washers in relation to teh aw3someness of the sound

Couldn't I just stick a screwdriver in several places under the mufflers :D j/k

Why the hell did I wait until friggin' cold hit to seriously ponder doing this.

I didn't quite have the time to read all the pages, but here are some questions

-moisture in teh exhaust?

-any gasses at all still being passed into the muffler? I mean, are they still at work or just worthless for the most part

-what's the consensus on the # of washers in relation to teh aw3someness of the sound

Couldn't I just stick a screwdriver in several places under the mufflers :D j/k

I can answer a few of these pretty easily from my opinion and experience.

-Moisture, I havent had any problems with it, no rusting, no problems at all... And I've seen many cars that have had water coming out of the mufflers before, and they dont have haugzaust... No problems thus far.

- Gasses into the muffler, yes... just depends on how many washers you put on there. If you have 15 like the poster a little bit ago, I kinda doubt the mufflers are even useful at that point, but with 2 or 3 washers, it still passes gas into the muffler and it works out pretty well.

- 2 or 3 washers for me... I have 2 on right now and people comment on my awesome exhaust all the time. Its not too loud as to be annoying when your rolling down the highway and still loud enough to get a really nice rumble.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Fishbone, if you do actually go through with this, you'll have to come up here so I can hear it.

Also, so I can make fun of you for ghetto-rigging your exhaust. :lol:

That's okay. I might do it just to try it out too until I get a real exhaust. We'll see how yours is first.

I have just had my resonator from the exhaust removed and replaced with straight pipe and also am running a catless downpipe, so a HogZaust could be a bit louder than I'd like...maybe someday

New work: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/new-hog-zawst-system-sound-power-patented-washer-technology-35764.html?p=3387528#post3387528

Edited by cstefanic

Hey hogmeat, I always wanted to try this on my Dad's LGT Wagon, but he likes to fly below the radar, so this isn't for him. But... I wanted to see if this could be done on my Maxima and I like the results! Right now, I have 1 1/4in washer in between the bolts, I might try 2 later, but here is where I posted it...

http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003/578032-new-exhaust-mod-check-out.html#post6749340

Of course, I'm getting flamed over there, but I love your idea. Maybe people in the Maxima community will like it once I get a better quality video up. It's no Subaru, but here is my video...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HPAuklpBIA]YouTube - 02 Maxima SE Exhaust Mod[/ame]

Thanks again, hogmeat. I'll chime in later.

really don't sound too bad. Definately not the boxer rumble tho!

Yea, tell me about it. Nothing rumbles like a Boxer motor! I got flamed over there for the most part, called a ricer, and just all around trashed. I thought it was an awesome idea. But... I decided I'm going to go the route of a Flowmaster 40 series. I'll shut up, cause I don't have a Subie :lol: but thanks for the idea, at least I gave it a try and it sounded pretty good for the money.

Sorry man, but I know VQ, I owned one, and don't see it sounding anywhere near what a Boxer rumble sounds like. I read that entire thread and really enjoyed the note on which it was locked by a mod, stating intelligence isn't always present on Subie threads. I wonder, did any of the naysayers actually click on any of the sound clips here?

I plan on doing this mod, I just have to find the right time to do it.

3/8 washers, correct? The bolts are 14mm?

Sorry man, but I know VQ, I owned one, and don't see it sounding anywhere near what a Boxer rumble sounds like. I read that entire thread and really enjoyed the note on which it was locked by a mod, stating intelligence isn't always present on Subie threads. I wonder, did any of the naysayers actually click on any of the sound clips here?

Oh, I'm not trying to say that it did or that doing the hogzaust mod would make it sound like a Boxer, I just wanted to see how it would make the VQ sound. I doubt they did, but I posted the link of the hogzaust and the magnaflow and it sounded close enough for me.