LegacyGT.com

New 08 Legacy Pics!!

gibjer

Don't forget about the thicker bumper beam on U.S. Legacy. I heard someone cut their bumper beam length-wise to make a JDM bumper fit, but it sounded like a lot of work.
People should expect the bumpers of the North American 2008 Legacy sedan to look identical to its JDM counterpart.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you mean? Legacy = sedan only, Outback = wagon only?

That would disappoint me...

If that is true, then it would be save to believe Subaru does not want me as a return customer.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

That's brand suicide.

I'm going to check on it though. Your contact tell you that Jon?

No it's not. Hardly anyone will miss the Outback LL Bean sedan, especially given that there'll be a Legacy GT 3.0R to replace it (telescoping steering wheel with paddle shifters and 18" wheels).

And, yes.

;720985']No it's not. Hardly anyone will miss the Outback LL Bean sedan, especially given that there'll be a Legacy GT 3.0R to replace it (telescoping steering wheel with paddle shifters and 18" wheels).

And, yes.

How about the Legacy wagon? It would be a nightmare for me if there is no LGT wagon in the future. :( :( :(

Have to agree, there. With the advent of a rumored 3.0R Legacy (well overdue) an Outback Sedan seems even more superfluous.

But to see the Outback eclipse the Legacy wagon would be a bad thing.

Legacy Sedan -> Legacy Wagon -> Outback Wagon makes sense, as long as the middle of that line doesn't dissappear.

;720985']No it's not. Hardly anyone will miss the Outback LL Bean sedan, especially given that there'll be a Legacy GT 3.0R to replace it (telescoping steering wheel with paddle shifters and 18" wheels).

And, yes.

Not the point. The point is if the LGT wagon goes away in favor of an LL Bean OBXT. Point being is that's like Subaru stereotyping it's owners and pissing them off just to piss them off. While I agree an Outback Sedan is probably the worse idea since sliced bread, getting rid of the LGT wagon is a mistake.

I'm still waiting to hear back from my source. I pray that they don't nix the LGT wagon.

People had to recognize the writing was on the wall for Subaru sport wagons when the manual transmission became unavailable for the 2006 LGT wagon. Subaru has repositioned Outback wagon pricing for 2007 such that the cheapest 2007 Outback wagon has a dealer invoice only $500 more than the cheapest Legacy wagon and the 2007 Outback XT Limited 5MT has a dealer invoice only $100 more than the LGT Limited wagon. I expect 2007 Legacy wagon sales will fall to just a trickle this year.

;721612']People had to recognize the writing was on the wall for Subaru sport wagons when the manual transmission became unavailable for the 2006 LGT wagon. Subaru has repositioned Outback wagon pricing for 2007 such that the cheapest 2007 Outback wagon has a dealer invoice only $500 more than the cheapest Legacy wagon and the 2007 Outback XT Limited 5MT has a dealer invoice only $100 more than the LGT Limited wagon. I expect 2007 Legacy wagon sales will fall to just a trickle this year.

What do you mean fall to a trickle? Wagon sales have been slower than snails since the 05 redesign. sorry folks but no one is buying leggy wagons on a large enough scale to keep them around.

Oh, and the LLB OB sedan is, IHMO, hands down, the best riding Subaru built. If only they could mix its comfort w/ a lower curb weight i'd be all over it for my next family hauler.

You know they might just sell a couple of friggen wagons if they would ADVERTISE THEM.

Jon tell your source that I will not be a returning Subaru owner. I hate to say it, but Volvo V70R here I come. F- you Subaru, thanks for '05 memories.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

What do you mean fall to a trickle? Wagon sales have been slower than snails since the 05 redesign. sorry folks but no one is buying leggy wagons on a large enough scale to keep them around.

Which makes sense since they don't advertise them at all. Hell, they barely advertise the Legacy and when they do it's stupid ads like cars running around on two wheels and the "ohh we're super safe" ads. Generally speaking most modern cars are safe because if they aren't they get roasted in the media and by the IIHS. People expect this now.

If they would take the "ninja in a business suit" approach it might work. Then there's that euro add where the leggy is reflected in the windows on the street as a rally car. That ad was brilliant.

SOA couldn't market organic vegetables to hippies. Let alone cars to the general public.

I have zero respect for SOA. The guys in Japan toss them awesome products, they dumb them down, never advertise them and then wonder why they don't sell.

;722570']It appears some of you would prefer that Subaru spend less on engineering and more on marketing. That's fine. Buy a Ford or a Pet Rock and you'll be happy.

Congratu-friggen-lations Jon! Once again you've missed the point completely. Good job.

EL4NFZT7

;722570']It appears some of you would prefer that Subaru spend less on engineering and more on marketing. That's fine. Buy a Ford or a Pet Rock and you'll be happy.

Well, I considered a pet rock, but it just didn't have the features I wanted.

Besides, I get so much better performance out of my '05 LGT!

I think the real beef is that SOA whines that they can't bring the good stuff to America because sales are too low, but they don't seem to want to do anything to bring sales up (ie: advertising).

They're relying too much on word of mouth, which, granted, can be a powerful, albeit slow, though quite cheap, meaning "free", advertising tool. (hmmm, maybe I should have tossed a couple more commas in that sentence...)

It's rather obvious that advertising generates sales. Unfortunately SOA seems to think that they mostly only need to do ads for Outbacks, even though Outbacks are already selling well. It's no wonder that Outbacks are selling so much better than Legacys - they rarely advertise Legacys.

They don't necessarily have to spend additional money for Legacy advertising, just divert part of the huge Outback ad budget toward Legacy ads.

That should do the trick.

curious, does SOA spend on engineering? or does Subaru/FHI? i think the majority of the complaints are about SOA, and the choices it allows its USDM customers, not with the manufacturer. heck, i imagine if we could purchase LHD JDM equipped Subarus, there'd be little or no complaining at all.

Archived