LegacyGT.com

New 08 Legacy Pics!!

gibjer

Guest *Jedimaster*
;722570']It appears some of you would prefer that Subaru spend less on engineering and more on marketing. That's fine. Buy a Ford or a Pet Rock and you'll be happy.

:lol: pass that spliff on to me :lol:

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I liked the Outback sedan, but no amount of discounts could've got me to buy one just because of the tan interior. If it had a black interior, I would have given it a test drive and might have even bought one. SOA seems to be moving most of the cars to the tan interior, which if this keeps happening, I'm not sure I'll get another one because I really don't care for the tan - it's way too light for me. If it was more of a darker tan - almost a brown - it would be a completely different story, but white for me is a no-no.

Which makes sense since they don't advertise them at all. Hell, they barely advertise the Legacy and when they do it's stupid ads like cars running around on two wheels and the "ohh we're super safe" ads. Generally speaking most modern cars are safe because if they aren't they get roasted in the media and by the IIHS. People expect this now.

Yea, just like we don't need more Subaru commercials with Sheryl Crow playing in the background. EVERYDAY IS A WINDING ROOOOADDD. :lol:

Sorry again folks, tan/taupe sells. My Acura sales reflect this also... most and yes I say MOST of the car buying public doesn't want a dark interior due to perceived toasty buns in the summertime. Personally, I like the tan/taupe interior better, makes the cars feel more spacious and (this may be placebo) to me the tan leather feels better (higher quality) than the black (for both brands).

What's all the fuss about the wagon being replaced by an Outback? The OB comes better equipped and most of us on this forum aren't going to leave the suspension alone are we? Come on.

Sorry again folks, tan/taupe sells. My Acura sales reflect this also... most and yes I say MOST of the car buying public doesn't want a dark interior due to perceived toasty buns in the summertime. Personally, I like the tan/taupe interior better, makes the cars feel more spacious and (this may be placebo) to me the tan leather feels better (higher quality) than the black (for both brands).

What's all the fuss about the wagon being replaced by an Outback? The OB comes better equipped and most of us on this forum aren't going to leave the suspension alone are we? Come on.

it's the principal though.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I liked the Outback sedan, but no amount of discounts could've got me to buy one just because of the tan interior. If it had a black interior, I would have given it a test drive and might have even bought one. SOA seems to be moving most of the cars to the tan interior, which if this keeps happening, I'm not sure I'll get another one because I really don't care for the tan - it's way too light for me. If it was more of a darker tan - almost a brown - it would be a completely different story, but white for me is a no-no.

Yeah Mike- I agree with you- not only is it an ugly shade, but it's so light it HAS to show dirt easily. My black interior looks clean most of the time without much effort.

my old RSX had Titanium interior which was basically tan, i liked it a lot and it was a lot more luxorious than the optional Ebony black/gray interior. The real reason why I prefer a light colored interior is that it doesnt show dust/dirt as easily. Black interior shows EVERYTHING and unless u plan on wearing slippers when you drive and putting plastic wrap down the car looks like poo quickly.

i love my taupe interior... it feels so much better driving in a light colored cabin than a black interior one.. i wish subaru offered the red leather in the spec b as an option for certain colors on the LGT..that would be awesome

You're joking right?

If I had wanted an Outback, I'd have gotten an Outback. I don't like the body kit. I don't like leather interiors. I don't like sunroofs. I don't like that the OB is much, much heavier than it's Legacy counterpart. I don't like that they don't have the same performance out of the box. I'd rather not have to replace the suspension to have a car that handles fairly decently. I don't want a fake off-road car that can't actually go off road. I want a SPORTWAGON. I don't want an SUV. I don't want a sedan. I want a SPORTWAGON. I want the performance of Subaru's top of the line SPORTsedan, but with the added utility and balanced performance of a SPORTWAGON.

Since Subaru is abandoning the SPORTWAGON market to a wide array of other manufacturers, now that the market segment is gaining ground, Subaru does not want anyone who wants a SPORTWAGON as a returning customer. It would've been a good idea for Subaru to offer myself and many others like me something to upgrade to after the Legacy GT, but I guess Subaru would rather have me buy some other brand.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

• 3 weeks later...
Is the '08 LGT wagon getting nixed a highly likely thing (ie. educated guess)? If so, they lost a customer willing to trade in a fairly new LGT sedan (and doin so at a loss looking at my financial records) for a new wagon. :mad:

There is absolutely no real information about this what so ever...

Its pure speculation on the part of some people on the forum.

True, it is not confirmed that ALL Legacy wagons will be eliminated in 08, BUT, without a MT/LegGT wagon, who cares on this site. Subaru is years away from a real ZF sport AT paddle shift.

What is known is that the MT/LegGT wagon is dead and thus back to grocery haulers. Once you accept the energy robbing, lack of control AT, does anyone really care if they are driving a Legacy or Outback?

The bigger question is whether or not the Legacy Sport Sedan is near death. Quite a few of the 500 milk-toast Spec Bs are sitting on show room floors. Surely SOAwill conclude that their is no Sport Sedan market. Marketing and Spec B substance surley does not have anything to do with minimal interest.

True, it is not confirmed that ALL Legacy wagons will be eliminated in 08, BUT, without a MT/LegGT wagon, who cares on this site. Subaru is years away from a real ZF sport AT paddle shift.

What is known is that the MT/LegGT wagon is dead and thus back to grocery haulers. Once you accept the energy robbing, lack of control AT, does anyone really care if they are driving a Legacy or Outback?

The bigger question is whether or not the Legacy Sport Sedan is near death. Quite a few of the 500 milk-toast Spec Bs are sitting on show room floors. Surely SOAwill conclude that their is no Sport Sedan market. Marketing and Spec B substance surley does not have anything to do with minimal interest.

Any data on whether the '07 Spec B is selling better than the '06 Spec B?

I would bet that it is, but that's pure speculation.

Any data on whether the '07 Spec B is selling better than the '06 Spec B?

I would bet that it is, but that's pure speculation.

Considering they just came out in the last month, no way is there any data for them yet! :eek:

You guys just need to hold your horses or something :lol:

Archived