LegacyGT.com

PGT's thoughts on the Legacy during a long road trip - rant and raves inside

Driven my B-Wing cross country and I absolutely loved it as a highway tourer. Totally, 100% capable and comfortable. I don't have a problem with the seats though. I think the same trip would have been much less enjoyable, ride wise, in a WRX.

I'll definately be driving it CC again with in the next few months and am really looking forward to it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I drove from San Jose, CA to Bend, Or last week on a ski vacation. It was about 600+ miles one way over 9 hours. I felt the driver's seat was pretty ok, although my snowboard buddy on the passenger side started complaining after 4 hours. With snowboards, luggage, camera and other stuff, the car managed 27mpg at 80mph. Going over mountain passes on turbo boost and leaving other N/A cars in the dust is the best part of the trip :icon_bigg

Picture Gallery

PGT, if you figure how to mount aftermarket seats without messing up the steering wheel airbag sensor mounted under the driver seat, start a how-to thread.

As to seat discomfort, I've already added padding, just not in the car seat.

If you have a full-service automotice upholstery shop in your area, they can make substantial changes to the stock seat if you know what you want.

My only beef with the seats is that the seatback isn't wide enough at the top for someone with wide shoulders. And I wish the car had a telescoping steering wheel.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Luminati, Too young to be a snowbird. Wife likes beach. I like the boat drinks. Works out for all concerned!

Aside: the LGT is a nice cruiser. I hit 100 mph on the trip and she never noticed (even on the few occasions she was awake). Smooth car.

When I first got the car I thought the seats were uncomfortable after driving for 1+ hours. Then after playing with some of the adjustments, I found a combination that I think is very comfortable for long trips.

PGT,

does the wind noise from your Yakima rack/kayaks bother you?

When I get on the highway with my bike on my THule rack it drives me nuts. Not that its loud, I guess Im just spoiled by the quiet interior.

+11venty billion on the seat issue

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Manville - :lol: I was thinking maybe some old-school Jensen Transducers / Bass Shakers in the seats for the vibrate function. :icon_tong

Randy.....some wind noise, but we dressed the straps and taped them up with 88 mile an hour tape. Close the sunroof cover and it was very acceptable.

I'm doing a 4000 mile road trip next month. It will be the first long road trip (over 2 hours) I've done in my LGT. Extremely excited but concerned of comfort (I'm 6'4"). The seat messager Msmith posted is looking mighty appealing :)

I'm doing a 4000 mile road trip next month. It will be the first long road trip (over 2 hours) I've done in my LGT. Extremely excited but concerned of comfort (I'm 6'4"). The seat messager Msmith posted is looking mighty appealing :)

Im am defiantely buying one when I go down this summer (PGT get your MTB ready)

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

the issue I have is numbness and pain in my right leg, right around the knee. The only cure is to set the cruise and sit more on my left side and place my right foot flat on the floor.

the issue I have is numbness and pain in my right leg, right around the knee. The only cure is to set the cruise and sit more on my left side and place my right foot flat on the floor.

Silly question...

Did you take your wallet out of your pants? I know if I take a long trip in my LGT, I'll have the same problem if I don't remove my wallet from my pocket.

Silly question...

Did you take your wallet out of your pants? I know if I take a long trip in my LGT, I'll have the same problem if I don't remove my wallet from my pocket.

wallet out and it still happens to me.... in fact, on the last long trip i took i ended up putting my wallet back in to lift my leg into a new position, and it helped temporarily.

I'm doing a 4000 mile road trip next month. It will be the first long road trip (over 2 hours) I've done in my LGT. Extremely excited but concerned of comfort (I'm 6'4").

Just finished a 1500 mile trip this weekend. I'm 6'8" and with a small lumbar pillow/cushion, the stock seats were just fine. My only complaint was a lack of padding on the driver's door armrest.

ignore him, he'll go away.

wallet out and it still happens to me.... in fact, on the last long trip i took i ended up putting my wallet back in to lift my leg into a new position, and it helped temporarily.

I don't know how people do it... I hate sitting down with things in my pockets... makes it feel so uncomfortable.

I guess I'm in the minority again, as usual. We've made several 10 hr plus trips, and I just love the firm seats - I have no problem driving for a long time at all. So much better than our 95 legacy seats - which had worn to the point of being too soft.

I'm an average sized person - height and weight, so maybe that makes a difference?

I don't know how people do it... I hate sitting down with things in my pockets... makes it feel so uncomfortable.

Princess and the pea syndrome ? :lol:

Feel sorry for you, but I know what you mean, with other things in my case.

I guess I'm in the minority again, as usual. We've made several 10 hr plus trips, and I just love the firm seats - I have no problem driving for a long time at all. So much better than our 95 legacy seats - which had worn to the point of being too soft.

I'm an average sized person - height and weight, so maybe that makes a difference?

I think the LGT seats are pretty good. Although hard, they are shaped very well. My legs are long, so they tend to fall asleep after a few hours in any car. Tilting the front of the seat bottom upward tends to help.

I liked the seats in my 1995 Legacy LS... they were incredibly comfortable on long trips. However they weren't very inspiring during spirited driving.

If you want to experience bad seats, you should sit in my Trailblazer (company car). They are absolutely horrible.

Archived