LegacyGT.com

Megan Racing's staggered quad tip catback. First pics and vid here!

Boostjunkie

UPDATE: Test fitted a couple revised mufflers. Nothing major, but they wanted to be sure everything was perfect before going ahead with the full production run. The only thing changed was the positioning of the hangers so that the mufflers are perfectly centered and level.

The midpipe sections are already in production and now that the mufflers are set, they will be produced soon too. ETA was given to me as early September, so just about 1 month. I'll add a couple of weeks of leeway for the seemingly inevitable delays and say middle to end of September till units ship to customers. Still, light at the end of the tunnel :)

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UPDATE: Test fitted a couple revised mufflers. Nothing major, but they wanted to be sure everything was perfect before going ahead with the full production run. The only thing changed was the positioning of the hangers so that the mufflers are perfectly centered and level.

The midpipe sections are already in production and now that the mufflers are set, they will be produced soon too. ETA was given to me as early September, so just about 1 month. I'll add a couple of weeks of leeway for the seemingly inevitable delays and say middle to end of September till units ship to customers. Still, light at the end of the tunnel :)

Thanks for the update. Sorry I was not able to pull the trigger on the coilovers, but I am totally in on this GB...

Drove around a bit today, and the new mufflers sound a bit different. Deeper, bassier yet smoother sounding. Really nice. A bit louder than the last iteration, but still quite civil. Mufflers usually take a bit of use to "break-in" and the last couple mufflers got quieter after a few days, so if that holds true to form then these latest mufflers will be very nice indeed. I'll post up some new sound clips after the mufflers break-in.

Just wondering, will just mufflers be available with a bolt-on application to the stock Y. Or would that not even work b/c its 3". Sorry if this was already brought up, but there are alot of pages to go through.

most likely not. This catback exhaust system was not designed to be parts interchangable (for example, axle-back for axle-back), however I have NO DOUBT that this entire catback will fit like a glove :) .

In Taiwan now...:spin:

most likely not. This catback exhaust system was not designed to be parts interchangable (for example, axle-back for axle-back), however I have NO DOUBT that this entire catback will fit like a glove :) .

That is exactly right Legasee. The MR catback was designed as a complete unit. We felt it best not to compromise anything in order to allow stock parts to be bolted up. Considering the likely selling price, there is really no reason to mix and match with other components.

Tried the WRX DP, and it doesn't clear the firewall. Going to try relocating the flange back to gain some clearance. If that doesn't work, then I might try a divorced design.

FMIC is close to being done, but I have quite a bit going on the next couple weekends, so it's just a matter of finding the time to finish it off.

Any ETA on the new vid/audio clip. Now that I'm following this thread, getting kind of anxious to see how this all turns out; looks like it is going to be the best value out there. I cant imagine what the people that have been following this since April are feeling.

Any ETA on the new vid/audio clip. Now that I'm following this thread, getting kind of anxious to see how this all turns out; looks like it is going to be the best value out there. I cant imagine what the people that have been following this since April are feeling.

im going nuts :lol:

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Archived