Are we getting OWNT or what

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/subaru/legacy/100566138/cto.html

HONDA TCO as per edmunds

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/honda/accord/100640445/cto.html

boy are we getting shafted

$7613 1st year depreciation on the LGT as compared to $5595

TCO LGT = $47113

TCO Honda = $41982

Diff = ~ $5000 (good enuff downpayment towards a new car after 5 years)

WTF...makes the legacy a NOT SO WISE choice (financially that is)

thoughts??? flames????

See how you feel after 5 years of grins driving something you don't see EVERYBODY else driving. Edmunds doesn't factor in 1 thing: FUN!

Besides Twisted, would you really want to spend the afternoon with the Accord Owners' Club? There's a real yawner for ya.... "Hey, look at my new mudflaps" "Wow, great job organizing your glovebox"

Sorry, but, the Accord, how you say: Is not for me. Now quit worrying about money and start modding! :cool:

i didnt mean it in terms of performance or the awd or the silly grin on my face after hitting boost... just overall hit on depreciation on an equally good car as the accord (well better IMO)...all i'm asking is why why why?

is it the thin paint...or the re92's...or is honda paying someone off, on the side to print these numbers?

So the stupid smile on your face every time you drive your GT isn't worth $5000? :D

knowing i have awd in midwest snow is worth all the money in the world cuz the money aint good to me if i'm dead cuz i was driving a FWD LOL

....that and the B pillar for side impact collisions....but its food for thought.

has nothing to do with it being turbo. it has to do with supply and demand. theres not to much of a demand for used lgts. yet every mom and dad out there wants to buy their 16-18 year old a used honda for their first car. most people still think that hondas are the most reliable cars out there.

its kinda like a used 750il (circa 98-02 ) those cars were 100k when they were new. 3 years later you could pick them up in the 30k price range. but a 3 year old 3 series would only depriciate a few thousand...

bought my 03' wrx new for 23,500 sold it in nov for 21,200.

usually used subies get all the money...

I didn't buy another Acura because I was worried about re-sale value.

I bought my first Subaru because I was fond of the ratings and the performance value for dollar return.

If I was worried about that, I would have bought the TSX and cringed through

17 second quarter mile times and non-existant highway performance and would have been like every other person living in my town.

no. The Subaru Legacy Gt is the car for me. And I am not at all worried about what my '05 GT wagon with 5MT will fetch in 4-5 years, if I was even considering trading it in or selling it.

WTF...makes the legacy a NOT SO WISE choice (financially that is)

Really, no car is a wise choice financially. :icon_bigg

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

Here's the REAL reason why the TCO is so high (notice the first line) :):

http://premium1.uploadit.org/yevans//mods.jpg

HAHAHA!!

What is funny is that some of the subaru's are holding their value extreamly well. The older sub 2001 modle imprezas are amazing in their small amount of depreciation. I just checked the prices of some used L model imprezas and the average cost for a '98 with around 100,000 miles is $7,000-$10,000 and according to MSN autos the origional invoice price was only $14,445 which equals around a 40% depreciation over 8 years! that is only 5% per year. An accord around that same year with the same mileage costs roughly the same but with an origional invoice price of ~16,000. This means that Subaru better models are right on par with Honda's better models. The main reason subaru's depreciation has not been as good overall as honda's is because of some of the more strange cars they preduced that did not have a good resale. Now all these numbers are pretty rough but it does show that subaru is holding it's own against the competition. All of this without even calculating the fun factor difference!

You can't even Find used LGTs in New England. And when you do the sell ffor top dollar. You can find scads of Toyos and Hondas. Besides 3 or 4 bucks per day for a fun AWD versus a blah drive in H/T box please. You want cheap, buy a used Chevy Scooter!
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

A new car is NEVER considered an "investment", it is a tool that depreciates the second you drive it off the lot. I never have and never will buy a car for it's "resale' value, i buy it for the need it fills, and how well it does this. Hondas and the like will have a better value overall because there are eleventy-billion of 'em out ther to "resale.":(
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

You also have to look at how many are on the road. With an increased number of cars produced, you obviously have to produce more replacement parts and more parts for the initial producation of the car, so the costs of mass producing more parts goes down. With this reduced price in manufacturing the replacement parts, body shops can get the parts cheaper and therefore matinance costs go down.

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Archived