LegacyGT.com

Are we getting OWNT or what

IIRC the TCO calculation is based off MSRP, not the actual street price of acquisition. Honda's sell near list. Subaru's do not. That accounts for 2/3 of the gap.

Exactly what I was going to say. Nobody ever pays MSRP for a Subaru. My property taxes on my car are valued at like 27K even though I bought my car for 22K.

either case, none of this matters if you plan on keeping the car and driving until it rusts completely out and turns into ashes.

++1

I am 48 yo and have only had seven cars (not counting the '68 AMX that I wish I had not let my other investors talk me into selling) and five of them have been Subis. I buy a car for the utility, and for the long run, not to turn in every two years on a new one. If you are going to go the trade-in-every-few-years route, you may be able to do better than a Scoob, but then you are thinking money, not driving and utility. For what I pay, for the long run, I have always gotten my money's worth from my soobs, and most I have practically given away when I got rid of them.

neil

the depreciation diff is only 2,000. as gt ltd sort of mentioned the rest is gas and maintenence. if you manage to get 2,000 off the 29k sticker price for the lgt this makes it a total wash. the re-sale is not that bad. this car takes a little more of a hit the first two years versus the honda. to be that close to one of the number one re-sale cars around (the accord) is actually pretty honorable.

with awd to begin with you are getting more value for your money.

some-one do this against an a-4 or 325xi. I know they are considered highline, but i feel that is more near the the type of car that we are getting.

This is not my beautiful car.

except the WRX STi when it first came out?

first came out??? try still to this day... well at least at my dealership we do.. we get sticker all day... in fact we're one of the only dealerships in az that doesnt have an adendum. unlike our mitsubishi dealership next to us... thier charging and gettin 48k for an m.r. evo

Archived