LegacyGT.com

Legacy Spec B takes on the Best, and Wins!!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was a good article but I want to know how they are getting a stock LGT to 60 in 5.1 seconds. The fact that it was spec B #002 leads me to believe that it is the magazine mule that SOA sent out for road tests, comparisons, etc. It kinda makes you wonder if they send out their mules with a "special" tune job...

Has anyone here done a timed 0-60 on a stock car that was anything close to 5.1? Any stage 1's pulling down a 5.1?

AutoWeek tested a stock Legacy GT Limited at 5.23s - that's pretty close.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

I just got my issue... OWNAGE!!! Just proof that if you want AWD... it better be a Subaru or Audi!

And if you want Realiability... well... let's just say the Audi is out of the picture :-D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Magazines typically post corrected test results. They correct for altitude, barometric pressure, temperature, etc. This places the variables on a level playing field. This 13.7 sec quarter mile is probably not actual recorded time. It’s more than likely the corrected time.

Magazines typically post corrected test results. They correct for altitude, barometric pressure, temperature, etc. This places the variables on a level playing field. This 13.7 sec quarter mile is probably not actual recorded time. It’s more than likely the corrected time.

how do you know each car will behave given a standard ideal senerio? A turbo car is effected more by humidity, elevation and temp then a NA car. Am I wrong?:confused:

Actually, Road & Track is one of the few magazines that does not correct these values. That's why they could "only" get a 12.X for the C6 Z06 1/4 mile when other are saying sub 12's. R & T's times, in general, are slower for most veicles when compared to manu claims and other magazines.

I think it's all about the tires...

I know what you mean. Stopped by Barnes & Noble bookstore, the mall, and a couple of grocery stores in the past 2 days and still can only find the Feb 06 issue of R&T mag. I'm hoping that they are just waiting for the 1st day of Feb to put out the March issue. going to try again tomorrow (Feb. 1st).

yeah it cracks me up it was january and people were talkign about the march issue... magazines and auto mfg. always putting things out way too early!

Like the 2007 Tahoe... what's up with that ...we were barely into january of 2006 and commercials were poppoing up.

What a coincidence. Mine too.

Must be a spec b thing?

Can anyone verify that the Californiai newstands have caught up? I want to know if they have the R&D with the spec b article. It was fun driving to every borders book store the other night but it cost me 30 in gass so I'd rather wait for confirmation. The people at the book store couldn't tell me anything about when magazines come in and every store is probably different I'm finding out.

thanks

Archived