LegacyGT.com

Legacy Spec B takes on the Best, and Wins!!

I noticed on the scan at the top of one of the pages its mentions a video of the testing posted online at roadandtrack.com

It would be great to see. Ive checked the site to no avail. Has anyone found this yet or is it too early?

results2right.jpg.75f16235f4444e790aeb5655f686d493.jpg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't looked at the LGT rear sway bar so I couldn't tell you for sure but I have looked at mine and it isn't that big and if the LGT is running something smaller I'd go out and buy an aftermarket one today!

So I'll stick with my first post. I think the Spec B and the LGT have the same one.

They didnt' change everything only a few key components just to set it a part a little bit.... but honestly I'm glad they put the aluminum arms and links and blistein struts because I never would have had time to do that on my own and it would have slowed me way down from getting into my stage 2 plans....

Plus sway bars are EASY! to do.... and cheaper too!

anyone know if you can buy this issue at the store yet?

I saw it at Borders 20 mins. ago. It's a nice article. I really hope Subaru adds a few luxury items like seat memory and HID's for 2007. Hopefully we will find out in the next month or two.

I saw it at Borders 20 mins. ago. It's a nice article. I really hope Subaru adds a few luxury items like seat memory and HID's for 2007. Hopefully we will find out in the next month or two.

MONO,

You're only saying that because you haven't purchased your LGT yet. RIGHT?

:lol:

For me I hope 2006 was the best ever because I'll be in it for a LONG time.

I'm just scared that one day the LGT forum will be filled with 2010s and my little old 2006 won't even be mentioned anymore. :(

I guess I'll enjoy it while I can

you can ask more than one question or type more than one thought per post, fyi

Johnny,

If you prefer I'll try to put all my thoughs into one post.... and if you can edit the post and add more information into it once you've submitted I'll look into that too.

Sorry.

Oh and did you and jessica simpson really have something going on?

...hey I fit all that in one post! YEAH!:icon_bigg

When I referred to the sway bar in my earlier post, I meant that the USDM LGTs should have received the same rear sway bar as the JDM LGT and Spec B, which is 19 or 20 mm hollow, depending upon revision. Instead, both the USDM LGT and Spec B got a 17 mm solid. I believe all LGTs, USDM and JDM, have the same front sway bar.

So, an option for you USDM Spec B guys is to get the JDM rear sway bar and keep that original JDM balance and goodness. (They are available from Paul at AVOTurboWorld.) I've got one in my LGT and the difference was noticeable. It probably would have given the USDM Spec B that extra edge in handling that would have put it over the top in that Speed comparo vs. the MS6.

Alternatively, you can go aftermarket, but if you did that, you should probably get matching front and rears.

When I referred to the sway bar in my earlier post, I meant that the USDM LGTs should have received the same rear sway bar as the JDM LGT and Spec B, which is 19 or 20 mm hollow, depending upon revision. Instead, both the USDM LGT and Spec B got a 17 mm solid. I believe all LGTs, USDM and JDM, have the same front sway bar.

So, an option for you USDM Spec B guys is to get the JDM rear sway bar and keep that original JDM balance and goodness. (They are available from Paul at AVOTurboWorld.) I've got one in my LGT and the difference was noticeable. It probably would have given the USDM Spec B that extra edge in handling that would have put it over the top in that Speed comparo vs. the MS6.

Alternatively, you can go aftermarket, but if you did that, you should probably get matching front and rears.

So front should be ok if I get the JDM rear?

MONO,

You're only saying that because you haven't purchased your LGT yet. RIGHT?

:lol:

For me I hope 2006 was the best ever because I'll be in it for a LONG time.

I'm just scared that one day the LGT forum will be filled with 2010s and my little old 2006 won't even be mentioned anymore. :(

I guess I'll enjoy it while I can

Then you're not gonna like this, but the little birdies have relayed the 2007 SpecB will be getting 6-speed.

I keed I keeed

Then you're not gonna like this, but the little birdies have relayed the 2007 SpecB will be getting 6-speed.

Yeah you hear mixed thigns.

For starters I tried asking for any little info I could on the 2007. Because if I thought it would be better I'd probably wait.

Then you hear that the 2006 sales of Spec Bs isn't going well then you wonder if they'll even come out with the spec b in 2007.

SOA wouldn't tell me anything.

If I waited and then couldn't get anythign in 2007 I would be crying because then I'd never be able to buy a new Spec B in the U.S.

If they do have it in 2007 and the only major change is the 6spd MT I won't be hurt.

Except for better gas milage it won't do much for me.

more gear changing isn't always a plus especially when you drive 30k miles a year like I do. Now the cool factor...yes 6 spd is cool. Most sports cars have them now!

Now if they give it a 6spd MT and 300HP i'll be seriously upset.

Engine Swap and Transmission Swap will be in the works!!!!

Good, you're not one of those 6-speed extremists.

Nope I noticed right away that the STI had the 6 spd and teh Spec B had the same 5spd that the LGT has.

Again, subaru didn't change too much between the LGT and the Spec B.

Only what was easy and fast. They were only making 500 of these so why re-engineer the whole thing when they're only making "$800" off each car.

(Inside joke, that's what the dealer told me when I bought mine)

Anyway so you're right i'm not a 6 speed extremist.

I DRIVE TONS! Having seven different gear positions on my tranny isn't the most important thing. Is it better? I don't really care. It would have to make a considerable difference to entice me into changing it at some point.

Shifting takes time.. the more you have to shift doesn't always mean its better.

How about a 10 speed or even 20 speed.

You're 0-60 would be 23 seconds. Taking about a half second to shift each time.

:icon_bigg

Good, you're not one of those 6-speed extremists.

Nope I noticed right away that the STI had the 6 spd and teh Spec B had the same 5spd that the LGT has.

Again, subaru didn't change too much between the LGT and the Spec B.

Only what was easy and fast. They were only making 500 of these so why re-engineer the whole thing when they're only making "$800" off each car.

(Inside joke, that's what the dealer told me when I bought mine)

Anyway so you're right i'm not a 6 speed extremist.

I DRIVE TONS! Having seven different gear positions on my tranny isn't the most important thing. Is it better? I don't really care. It would have to make a considerable difference to entice me into changing it at some point.

Shifting takes time.. the more you have to shift doesn't always mean its better.

How about a 10 speed or even 20 speed.

You're 0-60 would be 23 seconds. Taking about a half second to shift each time.

:icon_bigg

Because one will be able to buy a manual wagon or SUV (X3) from BMW.

Krzys

PS Even BMW of USA is limiting the choices but not to SoA degree.

Try and actually find a manual 3-series wagon... I tried last year when I was shopping and they did a full national lookup and found exactly zero manual 3-series wagons in the whole country.

So, I bought the LGT wagon with a manual.

325i and 325ix... they didn't offer a 330i wagon in 2005. So, in addition to limiting wagon customers to the wuss motor, you had to take the wuss motor with the automatic and pay close to $40k for it if you wanted leather and the sport package. I said "no, thanks."

325i and 325ix... they didn't offer a 330i wagon in 2005. So, in addition to limiting wagon customers to the wuss motor, you had to take the wuss motor with the automatic and pay close to $40k for it if you wanted leather and the sport package. I said "no, thanks."

good choice... for some reaso I've never liked BMW.. go figure

I often forget I have a sixth gear when driving the Mini. It's really not necessary except highway cruising :laugh:

plus i remember reading in one of the MS6 vs. Bspec that the slower 0-60 time of the MS6 was partly due to having 6 gears...they had to shift to 3rd while the Bspec could ride out 2nd gear longer.

+1 highway cruising.

Do the new A4 and 3 series have LGT like back seats? The last gen were noticably smaller, more like an Impreza/WRX in size (meaning no 6 footers). I guess either they upsized or lumped the LGT in due to price. I bought the LGT over an STi for the simple fact I could actually sit in the back seat (I'm 6'1") - it comes in handy when I take my clients out to lunch. I never cross-shopped the new A4 because the last was unacceptable in this regard (and obviously the new 3 wasn't out yet).

It was a good article but I want to know how they are getting a stock LGT to 60 in 5.1 seconds. The fact that it was spec B #002 leads me to believe that it is the magazine mule that SOA sent out for road tests, comparisons, etc. It kinda makes you wonder if they send out their mules with a "special" tune job...

Has anyone here done a timed 0-60 on a stock car that was anything close to 5.1? Any stage 1's pulling down a 5.1?

Archived