LegacyGT.com

How to change the Heater Control lights on a '95-'99 Legacy

Aczwild

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all of my interior bulbs are high power leds so it matches my car...i made sure of that. and my headlight are brighter with the 6k hids. ya their not stock but they didnt dim before i put the hids on after the film went on

You have HID's in a set of non projector headlights!?!?! The cutoff of light must suck tremendously. I feel very bad for oncoming drivers in your area.

You also may not have noticed any "dimming" in your lights but it's there. The blueish light gives the illusion of more light.

Also, I've never heard of these high powered LED's you speak of. Care to enlighten me?

I would suggest you look over this thread on nabisco. This guy has a plethora of information on lighting you might like to see.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=954736

tint...did someone say tint you bulbs. nice someone else acually mentioned it. i went a step farther and tinted the lens, i dont have an updated pic but my fog are done too now

so what you are saying is you have blue bulbs AND tinted the lenses? :confused::spin:

fail.

if you look on super bright leds website, they have regular leds and high power smd leds. all of my interior lights except my guage cluster (those are regular leds soon to be changed to high power) are high power leds.... door lights, map, and both domes

and as far as the thread goes, im happy with what i have right now but thanxs for the info, if i change anything in the future ill prolly end up lookin gover that first

my light are plenty bright at night with hids, i did it because i like the way it looks during the day, and its uber thick film so its actual purpose is not to change the color of your lights but to protect them, i do a lot of off-roading and unorganized rallying so i dont want my lenses gettin smashed considering all the housings and lenses on the front of my car are brand new. the film on mine comes in blue, yellow, clear, and 2 shades of smoked

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=310&pictureid=2452

mine

Looks a lot like mine did after i got the Led's from superbright.

If i had to do it again tho i think I would either bevel the lens or at least round them over to get more even distribution.

Beveling would be a pain though as you waould have to do each a certain way to assure the light was dispersed in the correct direction once mounted.

I notice your cluster is in Blue also, can you give some clues or do a turtoial on how you got the cluster out? I want to do mine as well, but do not want to yank it out till I have an Idea what bulbs i need and how much a hassle it is to remove the cluster.

Looks most excellent, great job.

Edited by MrLWJ
Additional comment

I notice your cluster is in Blue also, can you give some clues or do a turtoial on how you got the cluster out? I want to do mine as well, but do not want to yank it out till I have an Idea what bulbs i need and how much a hassle it is to remove the cluster.

Looks most excellent, great job.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124039

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yes yes. those ugly yellow thingers. i believe those are the same as the truck.....thanks for the reminder. i had my order ready.

my list so far are.

30mm festoons:

2- for the doors

2- for the maps

1- 3by3 "festoon" bulb for the dome(9 leds)

wedge base bulbs. i believe all are 194 tpye on SBLEDS

so that covers the:

gear shifter

trunk

and plate lights.

so thats 12 items for what i need.......my HU is already blue(aftermarket) and my guages fade color every over a 3 sec period. so like RGB R...RG..G...GB...BR...R. its pretty sweet. and the all are not perfectly timed so the gauges are all over the place in color. it really puzzles people. its is, quote/unquote, "TriPPen"

so i beleive their are 4 leds behide most gauges. idk what size anymore. and the 4 ways. and the glove box. i for got about the glove box. OO and the ash tray. OMFG. SO MANY BULBS thats just the intireor/not import bulbs.

Edited by amp27

there was the 10 minute video on the gauge one, it was around two/three 194 bulbs and two/three 78 or 74 bulbs... please double check the video as I dont remember correctly!

Does Subaru dealership provide HVAC bulbs in other colours or only stock? Where do I get other colour ones?

Edited by ESSYMOND

there was the 10 minute video on the gauge one, it was around two/three 194 bulbs and two/three 78 or 74 bulbs... please double check the video as I dont remember correctly!

Does Subaru dealership provide HVAC bulbs in other colours or only stock? Where do I get other colour ones?

no just the stock ones. if you want colors you can buy from SPLEDS. i bought the RGB leds. love them