LegacyGT.com

come in if you are N/A

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'05 2.5i wagon here. Could it use a couple more ponies? Prolly. Is it fast enough (with the 5MT) to stay out of trouble, and maybe even have some fun? You betcha.

I've got 40K on it, new tires going on in September, so we'll be even more happy.

My wife drive a WRX, and it is stupid fast, you can feel the potential even when noodling. But end of day, the 2.5NA is not bad at all.

Now that the GT wagon doesn't come with a manual, I guess I don't even have to think about trading up, especially since the turbo no longer comes in a base model. I don't mind a $30,000 car, but I don't have any desire for a $25,000 car with $5,000 of crap I don't care about jammed in, just because they can.

That's all I have to say about it.

P.

2.5i wagon love the car great bang for buck but I HATE SECOND GEAR!!!

why couldnt subaru still keep the regular tb cable instead of going drive by wire??

its not the gear i just hate reving a head of time...

I hated the DBW so much when I first got the car. I had it on my VW but after the ECU was flahed, the delay went away. Then I drove a 240sx for a year and throttle response was great. I've had the 2.5i for almost 2 years now and I don't know if the DBW adjusted itself or if I just got used to it or a little of both but it's not so bad now. Rev matching is like a shot in the dark though...

New 2 subies myself, just got my '06 2.5i SE 5MT and it's N/A, RBP. I love it! Upgrading from a car of almost the same size, fwd, 100hp to an awd 175hp car means it's plenty quick enough for me... lots of love!!!

Just joined up, great site btw...

I just bought a 2005 2.5 N/A... luv it!! I've already taken off the silencer, and put in the start of a system. Up next is a CAI and maybe springs?

As far as the NA, considering I have to commute through rush hour traffic every day, and that's the vast majority of my driving time, it was definately the wiser choice for me... turbo would be nice, but oh well, maybe next time...

i love my 05 Leg N/A! 24k on it since i bought it Dec 04. the handling needs some changes (H&R with the KYBs and a rear sway). might do a turbo kit in the future, but we'll see. not looking to make it into some rocket, just looking for a more spirited engine.

i love my 05 Leg N/A! 24k on it since i bought it Dec 04. the handling needs some changes (H&R with the KYBs and a rear sway). might do a turbo kit in the future, but we'll see. not looking to make it into some rocket, just looking for a more spirited engine.

The turbo route can be expensive. Have you looked at replacing the Exhaust, installign a CAI and having a tune done instead? Or are you looking for a considerable leap in power?

The turbo route can be expensive. Have you looked at replacing the Exhaust, installign a CAI and having a tune done instead? Or are you looking for a considerable leap in power?

the turbo kit will be probably around 4k, but like i said, that is way off in the future. I have been considering a CAI and catback, but I haven't been able to find any for 2.5i. (although, i'm sure that many turbo catbacks will work with some mods.) haven't looked through this forum too much yet.

I just read about a N/A legacy, 05 model that was brought up to about 190hp with Intake, a header, & exhaust. Might have been a light pulley added too but seems to get the HP up respectably. I'm thinking it was Xcelleration.com or something like that??. Parts available through them too. Pic's of the mod, summary of changed parts, and a sound clip was pretty helpful.

I just read about a N/A legacy, 05 model that was brought up to about 190hp with Intake, a header, & exhaust. Might have been a light pulley added too but seems to get the HP up respectably. I'm thinking it was Xcelleration.com or something like that??. Parts available through them too. Pic's of the mod, summary of changed parts, and a sound clip was pretty helpful.

lightweight pullies and flywheels do absolutely nothing as far as horepower is concerned. they merely reduce the ammount of rotating mass. less rotating mass = faster response. the faster responce may give the impression of more horsepower according to the butt dyno, but don't change the hp.

that's 190 at the crank, right? 20-25 hp at the crank is pretty good.

EDIT: just re-read my post, sounds like i'm trying to flame. not my intention at all.

again like i said earlier... with the current state of gas prices makes me happy that i'm using 87oct instead of 91oct!

+1 for NA engines.

althought using lightweight pulleys sound like a very nice way to increase the response rate from the potential power of the boxer engine.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

nice to see all the new 2.5i owners.i love the car.just wish it was faster. the fuel consumption doesn't affect me, as i drive my car like the picture in my avatar every day:lol: Getting low 20s at best here! But I sure am enjoying my car...I just hate how slow it is though..Haven't decided whether I'll trade up to the GT, turbo my car, or get a weekend car once I'm out of school though...

Any more exhaust mods anyone? I removed my resonator and replaced with straight pipe in the hopes of getting a nicer (IMO) sound but it hardly made a difference. And the bit that did change was an increase in raspiness at a couple spots in the RPM curve - not that desireable.

LDC did a muffler swap - I may try that route perhaps. First with the resonator still out but if it doesn't sound good, I may end up replacing it...

I'd love to hear other people's experiences...

YEP, SWAPPED STOCK FOR SOME DYNATEC TURBO MUFFLERS,(SRAIGHT THROUGH DESIGN) AND LEFT THE RESONATOR.....VERY MELLOW TONE BUT BETTER THAN STOCK...IM THINKING ABOUT REMOVING THE RESONATOR SOON.. STILL NO PROBLEMS WITH THE CUSTOM INTAKE

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/2421/s30101553jo.th.jpg http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/6004/s30100901mh.th.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived