LegacyGT.com

come in if you are N/A

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
new member here. purchased a 06 legacy 2.5 special. black osbian with a 20 % window tint. i noticed alot of you talking about a cold air intake/ typhoon intake, and a exhaust. giving i am in ohio and pay alot of money in child support what could a person do for an exhaust averaging price between 200-800 dollars american money. i read on an earlier post that they would save tehre money on the typhoon intake and just build there own. i have never done this before so could anyone give me a dummy diagram on how to do this. would you have to change out the MAF? if you do what would you recomend. part number if all possible. and about the exhaust, looking for that nice deep throaty sound. not a fart in a can. part numbers for that as well if you got it. i have been emailing a couple of people on this site when i became a registered user the other day and they have been very helpful so far its just a problem trying to the stuff because it is overseas. and its a little chink of money. was looking into the O2 dummy sensor but have never messed with that kind of stuff. so how does that work. would you have to get two of them due to the legacy having two? i know i am asking alot of questions. i am just a truck man. first car that i have owned other than my race car. so all of this electrical and exhaust stuff has me frustrated. i thank all of you who help me out and for any suggestions. this is a very nice site. i was beggining to think i was the only one out here. i have not even seen a subaru legacy around my area so i am the only one. so given that i got to dress here up and make her pretty. thanks shawn

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

... i read on an earlier post that they would save tehre money on the typhoon intake and just build there own. i have never done this before so could anyone give me a dummy diagram on how to do this. would you have to change out the MAF? ...was looking into the O2 dummy sensor but have never messed with that kind of stuff. so how does that work. would you have to get two of them due to the legacy having two? ...

Search & read a lot before messing with the intake. Some seem to get finniky, the MAF gets confused, and you go lean. Bad.

O2 sensor simulator - why? The first O2 sensor controls the a/f mix, the second admittedly just checks the health of the cat (I tink that still applies, even though we've gone beyond OBD2). So you need the first one to run, & replaceing the second makes sense only if you've deleted the cat.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

eek gas is creeping up again...2.43 average for 87 octane here

doing about 18-19 mpg. :(

i tell ya what, i changed my plug wires yesterday and holy gas mileage!! my trip down to atl took 3/4 of a tank. on the way back, it only took 1/2 tank. :eek: :eek: right now i'm over 300miles on the tank and haven't even reached 1/4 tank yet. be4 i changed the wires, at 300mi i'd be looking for a gas station! i can only imagin what will happen once i change the fuel filter and clean the air filter!

Kenda:dm:

• 2 weeks later...
06 legacy SE N/A here. Just baught it on new years eve. Have 1600 miles on it. Got it because i couldnt afford a gt and gas (looking for a house) but my grand am was pretty much dead. Love it so far, maybe after getting my moneys worth (ahh 8 yrs?) Ill look for the Gt. First subie ever!

Archived