LegacyGT.com

come in if you are N/A

yeah, I think it really is sad that it takes a prodding to get the N/A owners out here to post.:lol: Scared of getting picked on by the bigger power GTs? naaahhh..they're a nice bunch of guys...and i'm having to learn everythign from them since you guys won't do anything to your cars! ldc, you're tint is dark! I thought i had dark tint w/ 20% all the way around, but your's def. beats me.:icon_tong But i'm liking your little custom mods. Keep em coming!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah, I think it really is sad that it takes a prodding to get the N/A owners out here to post.:lol: Scared of getting picked on by the bigger power GTs? naaahhh..they're a nice bunch of guys...and i'm having to learn everythign from them since you guys won't do anything to your cars! ldc, you're tint is dark! I thought i had dark tint w/ 20% all the way around, but your's def. beats me.:icon_tong But i'm liking your little custom mods. Keep em coming!

nah i'm not really scared of getting picked on.... i kinda wish i did. legacy demographics here in milpitas is kinda scarce. esp. the 4th gens. i see a lot of 3rd gen OB's and Legacy wagons.... it would be nice to see other 4th gen NA Legacy's here or even GT's!

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

Apparently he's got a cusco rear bar.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

so NALegacy what exactly is done on your car again?

As far as performance, I've got KSport coilovers, cusco rear sway, cusco rear lower arm bars, and unorthodox racing underdriven/lightweight pulleys. I have the cusco front sway and front lower arm bar for sale, as they don't work on our N/A cars...Other than that, I've little things here and there, nothing special. Oh yeah, except the metal accented GT door kickplates I bought off a member here. I really like those over our plain plastic kickplates. :) I want to do more to the car, like maybe headers pretty soon, but I don't want to get them and they not fit, but I might try some out at the next shop day or something. I didn't think of that at the one this last weekend. doh! I'm pretty sure impreza RS items should be bolt on for our engines...

Question: EDIT: I see you have stock piping. ldc, did you change out the piping from the headers back, or did you get just mufflers? If you did get piping, what size are you running? I'm considering an exhaust coming up, but am unsure of piping diameter. From the reading I've done over at NASIOC, 2.25" seems to be the preferred diameter, while some are saying 2.5". What do you guys think would be a better diameter? I'm leaning toward the 2.25", as I believe the 2.5 would be too large to be effective. Let me know what you guys think. And make sure you guys post up here about the results you get w/ ANY mods you do at all. The N/A owners are starving for mods, and any info., new potential mods, etc, would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not Skeerd!!!

And- so long as you're not biting off more'n you can chew, no butt shuffle is needed. Besides- all you have to do is pick fights on curvys- then the go fast bits don't really matter so much.

Besides, if I had a GT I'd never hear the end of it with all the otehr GT owners about how much better I drive, and how much faster I go. ;)

I consider it a handicap, they'll need all the help they can get ;)

lol

/funnyhaha

Question: EDIT: I see you have stock piping. ldc, did you change out the piping from the headers back, or did you get just mufflers? If you did get piping, what size are you running? I'm considering an exhaust coming up, but am unsure of piping diameter. From the reading I've done over at NASIOC, 2.25" seems to be the preferred diameter, while some are saying 2.5". What do you guys think would be a better diameter? I'm leaning toward the 2.25", as I believe the 2.5 would be too large to be effective. Let me know what you guys think. And make sure you guys post up here about the results you get w/ ANY mods you do at all. The N/A owners are starving for mods, and any info., new potential mods, etc, would be greatly appreciated.

was looking for exhaust on a budget, so just swaping restrictive mufflers with high flow's was all i did....very mellow tone...i left the resonator on cuz this is my family car...

so a little more flow and still mellow...exactly what i needed

I'm living with the 05 Legacy wagon N/A. Changed the struts/ shocks to the GT version when a friend opted for a Bilstien upgrade on his GT. Looking to install the JDM sway bar when I find it and may consider K&M intake upgrade now that they're selling a kit in the mid to high $200.00 range. Also went to BBS 17" wheel set & Continental Contact Extreme for rubber. Think the sway bar & intake change gets all the performance I'm interested in & can't argue with the average 32 mpg I got on a 1500 mile FAST road trip to Idaho a couple months back. Have seen as good as 34.5 mpg on the computer when I'm in the 55 to 60 speed range &

I'm living with the 05 Legacy wagon N/A. Changed the struts/ shocks to the GT version when a friend opted for a Bilstien upgrade on his GT. Looking to install the JDM sway bar when I find it and may consider K&M intake upgrade now that they're selling a kit in the mid to high $200.00 range. Also went to BBS 17" wheel set & Continental Contact Extreme for rubber. Think the sway bar & intake change gets all the performance I'm interested in & can't argue with the average 32 mpg I got on a 1500 mile FAST road trip to Idaho a couple months back. Have seen as good as 34.5 mpg on the computer when I'm in the 55 to 60 speed range & that was a strong consideration before buying.:)

Wups..forgot to check this forum for a while. Silver 05 4eat Legacy 2.5i...loving the power (or lack thereof). So far, this car's handling has saved me from a potentially bad car accident with 2 others inside. (t-bone)

ldc: I have almost the exact same window tint setup! ..except solargard (http://www.solargard.com) doesn't use %'s...instead, they go by HPxx.

N/A here. I think I'm one of the only truly active 05 N/A owners on this board. Quit thinking about how slow your cars are and start contributing to this damn site! :lol:

Edit: I guess it's not obvious from the username and my sig. that I have an NA huh?

heyyyy...I resent that...I contribute......sometimes, if ya wanna call it that I guess :lol:

Anyway, I have the '05 2.5i ltd RBP and am lovin it, this car is rock solid. I abuse my cars with my commute. I drove off the lot with 26 miles. Feb 18th will be a year that I have had it and it now has 25 K+ on it. I am actually planning on keeping it til it's paid off and just keep using it as a commuting car until it dies.

Edit-my baby all shined up.

http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=178

Archived