LegacyGT.com

come in if you are N/A

Hanger? are u taiwanese? u own a legacy in taiwan? I am from HK too! Been to taiwan twice, very sweet place. Hmmm. i like the local feel there, the problem with asia is the climate is way too hot....

Oh White2.5i, how do u feel about volvo? I know a friend that LOVE volvo, and he's young too.. whats the pro of volvo in ur opinion? I believe he drive a 750/850 turbo. thats a 1993-1997 volvo i believe.

And yes, for normal people like us, i dont think a turbo will be much enjoyable, especially the gas price these days.

we used to have a 96' 850 turbo special edition w/ the pearl white paint + 5 spoke alloy (think there's only 2000 in N.America)....I love to drag that ride (explains the gas consumption:lol: ). Although it's quite heavy, it's an amazing fest to see my turbo volvo beat a mustang GT from a standstill...haha...it's a great freeway cruiser too, with a lot of passing punch and the most comfortable seats of any car...i would go as far as to say it's more comfortable than my twin bed...it's that good...great stereo as in any european car, and lots of warning lights to go with your everyday driving, especially after those dragging events...haha

nowadays, i am happy to be closing up on people in the bends with my i, and still getting good mileage and octane 87...:)

btw, i am from hk too

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's a pretty good car until the warranty runs out =)

anyhow, lets discuss more pros about the 2.5i

how u guys like the cloth seats? I personally think they look pricier than most other, but they are only good for short trips.

New 2.5 guy...new suby guy. Just picked up a used 05 2.5i and the more I drive it the more I love it. I wish I had the GT just because I traded in a 05 Grand w/a Hemi. Trading 330hp for 175 is a shock to the system but the handling certainly makes up for it.

I went in to get a WRX and after driving this I couldn't help but like it.

I think I am going to stay away from engine mods because nothing seems to be available that will give a quantifiable return. Plus something I can pull and put on a LGT if I ever get one. Unless you guys have any suggestions I am game I love playing with engines!

But it looks like it will be purely cosmetic for this year at least maybe the rear sway bar that sounds like a good upgrade. I have an old Jeep that's my toy and money pit so no engine upgrades is really ok...

As for your seat comment agreed they are great. I am 6'3" and generally uncomfortable in smaller cars but this fit the bill and as far as the Mazda 6 we test drove an i and a s and there was no comparision in terms of quality of build, fit and finish, ride quality, and power delivery.

I look forward to seeing some action on the NA side guys!

I'm a member of the N/A club. Cost (initial and ongoing) and upkeep were factors - I do a lot of miles per wk (ee gad, maturity sucks).

The car is a bit sluggish in full auto, the sort shifter alleviates that somewhat, especially if you close your eyes to hear the enginer scream (not recommended).

With 80% hiway, I get 27 MPG. I figured 25 for a GT but have heard low 20's hi teens is a better bet - If I had a turbo, I'd use it all the time.

when i get my legacy it had 58KM on it... i think my dealer tends to use new car to let ppl do crazy test drive... (Yes crazy ones, 0-60, emergency break, try to spin to test AWD)

Coz i test drove two new cars at that dealership before purchase as well......

hopefully the car is ok =(

it seems lots of people are discovering the legacy, I've only had mine like a month and I already am totally in love with it.

It seems a lot of ppl are discovering the 2.5GT... not 2.5i.

Where's my 3.0R? plz come to North America.......

I have a '05 Outback 2.5i and love it. Just wish there were more parts available for us. But then again I have the 100,000 mile warranty and were very strict about saying no mods. They Suck.
Pella Windows and Doors: Viewed To Be The Best

Have had my 2.5i for a couple of months after owning a WRX.

Was fully intending to upgrade to a newer WRX when i entered the car dealership, test drove the Liberty and before i knew it i was signing the purchase papers.

so you like your new jeep? :confused:

Dont know why Subaru Australia decide to name Legacy as Liberty. Anyhow... Australia is one of the forturnate country that has STi tuned Legacy for sale, much like the Spec.B in North America, but better.

Check out the exhaust tips :icon_bigg SEXY

http://www.subaru.com.au/promotions/?promoid=246

http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2051013.002/country/jcf/Subaru/new-subaru-liberty-gt

Dont know why Subaru Australia decide to name Legacy as Liberty. Anyhow... Australia is one of the forturnate country that has STi tuned Legacy for sale, much like the Spec.B in North America, but better.

Check out the exhaust tips :icon_bigg SEXY

http://www.subaru.com.au/promotions/?promoid=246

http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2051013.002/country/jcf/Subaru/new-subaru-liberty-gt

There is thread on that in the badges section if you do a search. Has something to do with the Aussie memorial for the WWII soliders that didn't return from Japan is called the Legacy. Really bad PR for a Japanese company to have a car called that...

There is thread on that in the badges section if you do a search. Has something to do with the Aussie memorial for the WWII soliders that didn't return from Japan is called the Legacy. Really bad PR for a Japanese company to have a car called that...

ohhh! thanks for the info! never knew about that!

Archived