LegacyGT.com

ECM 2024 planning thread

boxkita

26 minutes ago, tysparks81 said:

Hey if you can get a keg, I'm sure I can bring at least 1 down, a buddy has a roof basket that I'm sure he would lend me for this trip.

No stereotyping gonna happen here at all, no sir.

"Oh look! Here come the Canadians, and they've got kegs of beers strapped to their roofs?"

"Wanna beer, eh?"

🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

smoking not allowed on the property? 

i wonder if we can get a rider for Ty's stogies?

interesting options. Sharing a campsite worked to be $60/weekend per person. I was averaging $100/night for bnb costs, so this seems within the realm. lower cost places were much lower quality, higher costs were only marginally better.

the fire ring is a requirement. the opportunity to be adults is too (beverages and smoke). 

it's early but we're getting into the year ahead that alot ppl are planning at (this is new concept for me). I think we're pretty solid  on the finger lake region. @m sprank's research suggests we can find a place or two that's viable.

should we move onto dates and start narrowing a list of places? Also ppl? 10 ppl should be enough to cover most rentals and we can split costs as we get closer.

Im good for a friday/sunday experience like this year. i'm still planning to drive out but it would be a straight shot then wander home. I'll check out my gear before leaving so David doesn't have to set it up for me. As long there's facilities close by, I'm good with anything. 

being able to support tents, a camper or two , and a cabin or three, would be ideal. Pretty sure that's like the campground we were in. However airbnb does offer additional terms for rentals, you have to ask for it. Again back to having dates and rough head counts

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, boxkita said:

smoking not allowed on the property? 

i wonder if we can get a rider for Ty's stogies?

interesting options. Sharing a campsite worked to be $60/weekend per person. I was averaging $100/night for bnb costs, so this seems within the realm. lower cost places were much lower quality, higher costs were only marginally better.

the fire ring is a requirement. the opportunity to be adults is too (beverages and smoke). 

it's early but we're getting into the year ahead that alot ppl are planning at (this is new concept for me). I think we're pretty solid  on the finger lake region. @m sprank's research suggests we can find a place or two that's viable.

should we move onto dates and start narrowing a list of places? Also ppl? 10 ppl should be enough to cover most rentals and we can split costs as we get closer.

Im good for a friday/sunday experience like this year. i'm still planning to drive out but it would be a straight shot then wander home. I'll check out my gear before leaving so David doesn't have to set it up for me. As long there's facilities close by, I'm good with anything. 

being able to support tents, a camper or two , and a cabin or three, would be ideal. Pretty sure that's like the campground we were in. However airbnb does offer additional terms for rentals, you have to ask for it. Again back to having dates and rough head counts

The second one has a bbq & firepit but smoking is not allowed, I would assume that rule applies to inside the house, and not down by the firepit but I wouldn't stress that too much on my account.  Happy to take a walk down the street or will bring a kayak and we can take turns out on the lake for those that do smoke.

For dates, any weekend from May to June I can make work.  I won't be around in July or Aug tentatively right now.

• Like 1

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

Note: Smoking is not allowed in any rental property.

I suspect that they just restrict smoking inside the property, not on the property.

My schedule is wide open and you can count me in. Thank you @m sprank. These two houses are equidistant from Watkins Glen.

• Haha 1

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking about something we should have done on the first meet was to have everyone sign everyone's shirts with real name, LGT name, an date so we had it for other events.  Perhaps, we should consider for the next meet?

• Like 7

2 hours ago, JmP6889928 said:

Thinking about something we should have done on the first meet was to have everyone sign everyone's shirts with real name, LGT name, an date so we had it for other events.  Perhaps, we should consider for the next meet?

This is definietly something we talked about. I think I even had a couple of Sharpies in my car. Must have been the sun+a few beers, but the idea got away from us... I agree we should remember to do so next year.

• Haha 1

We should do the signing as ppl show up. Call it "check in process"

Also probably want to figure out sleeping arrangements before the fireside smoke gets to overwhelming.

Every time I open the trunk and see the bivy sack, a rather vivid memory comes back. How ppl does it really take to set one up?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, boxkita said:

We should do the signing as ppl show up. Call it "check in process"

Also probably want to figure out sleeping arrangements before the fireside smoke gets to overwhelming.

Every time I open the trunk and see the bivy sack, a rather vivid memory comes back. How ppl does it really take to set one up?

Well, the equation has a factor at the end which is: (fn)*x/2

where ‘x’ is the number of beers consumed prior to attempting to put it up.

🤪

Inspired by how tiny and light that bivy of yours was, I picked one up for myself for my next hiking trip. Got the Black Diamond one tho… didn’t like the cut of the OR’s jib.

Edited by KZJonny
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, boxkita said:

I have an ancient sierra designs 2 person tent. If I can't find that, I'll look for something newer. Maybe a house is better. :)

You have friends out east with multiple tents and gear. And no, no one sleeps in the camper. LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, m sprank said:

John says he will pay for this house:

https://www.fingerlakespremierproperties.com/rentals/solitude

on 5 acres (plenty of parking?) and right on the lake.

Glad John said he'll pay LOL. I won the lottery... $8.00. Won't help with the house.

House looks quirky but good. Big hill through. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, m sprank said:

John says he will pay for this house:

https://www.fingerlakespremierproperties.com/rentals/solitude

on 5 acres (plenty of parking?) and right on the lake.

actually that's pretty good. 10k usd/week. 

wonder if we can have car show on grass. google maps showed solar cells there

https://maps.app.goo.gl/2kQWUnTXXPhzftf88?g_st=ic

So  @JJBerk 's in for $8, I'm guessing the rest of you are going to pay with pennies too? :hide:

Other than the stumble worthy hike to the dock, any other issues? other than the $600/person for 17 ppl cost before food, alcohol, and bbq

• 4 weeks later...

So, at least it *sounds* like Finger Lakes or somewhere around there is okay by most people here.

In the interest of keeping things moving, should we maybe throw out a couple of actual places people may be interested in, or maybe a simpler place to start would be budget.

Of the people coming, how many might prefer to be in a building or what have you, and following on that, their max $/day?

Guess this is the incentive to make another, ‘So, you want to drive your now 16 year old Legacy to Finger Lakes Eh?’ List of broken things I (we all) need to fix…. Wonder how many from last year will still be on mine when I arrive, hah!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1