LegacyGT.com

ECM 2024 planning thread

boxkita

Took me 3.5 hours. but...  Got skills. 4x8 ft sheet and a half to the vaulted ceiling with zero assistance.  

Yes, age and treachery trump youth and enthusiasm once again.  Guaranteed it was not osha approved, but osha was not on-site. 

20240503_134030.jpg

20240503_134049.jpg

20240503_134100.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/10/2024 at 4:04 PM, JJBerk said:

I have some pizza stuff to add to the WRX stash as well, and can make dough ahead of time and freeze and bring. Easy peasy.

Cirling back around to this.

If anyone else has any great ideas, then kick in, but I'll plan also making/freezing a few batches of dough, and I'll start shopping sales to stock up on some basic toppings and some canadian cheese. Pizza night Friday. Or every night, I don't care. There is no such thing as too much pizza.

Happy to help with whatever, but as pointed out last year, there are a few limitations on what you can bring across the border, so probably burgers or a cooler full of ground meat is likely to cause problems.

• Like 1

@KZJonny I’ll think seriously about it in the weeks right before. I anticipate there will be grocery stores not too far, and with any luck some produce markets nearby. I usually travel to ‘camp’ with a few cooking essentials and will do the same here. I think pizza is a perfect idea - as we get closer, why don’t you and I work out those details. I don’t have to cross a border. I think meat fest is always good too. Baked potatoes, a veg, etc etc. Hamburger/Brat cookout is always good - coleslaw, potato salad, bake beans. I’m 100% doing as much or as little as makes everyone else comfortable for dinners. We all know I don’t do breakfast!

• Like 1

Labor of love progress.  The ceiling is almost complete.  What a joy cutting/fitting all those angles.  Framed in the sides of the 3 gables and insulted.  Can now mount panel over the gable ends. 

All work done with a single 23 year old Ryobi circular saw, a 10 year old B&D jig saw, a 20 year old Makita chop saw and a Harbor Freight straight edge.  All nails hammered by hand.  Staple gun is a 10 year old manual variety.  One battery drill used to hold panels for fitting, then screw removed and nailed in place.   One four foot aluminum extension ladder (12ft lid, so all work is truly overhead).  No power within 300 ft, so all lumber cut and carried by hand to the shed.  Used a bread knife to cut insulation. 

I turn 50 in June.  Feel like I have not worked this hard since the shop. 

20240507_161821.jpg

20240507_161836.jpg

20240507_161846.jpg

20240507_161851.jpg

20240507_161859.jpg

20240507_161924.jpg

• Like 4

Wait, are we celebrating your 50th?!? YES! I just turned 55. You are a spring chicken.

The tiny house looks amazing. I wish Paige had something like that as a kid!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, m sprank said:

Labor of love progress.  The ceiling is almost complete.  What a joy cutting/fitting all those angles.  Framed in the sides of the 3 gables and insulted.  Can now mount panel over the gable ends. 

All work done with a single 23 year old Ryobi circular saw, a 10 year old B&D jig saw, a 20 year old Makita chop saw and a Harbor Freight straight edge.  All nails hammered by hand.  Staple gun is a 10 year old manual variety.  One battery drill used to hold panels for fitting, then screw removed and nailed in place.   One four foot aluminum extension ladder (12ft lid, so all work is truly overhead).  No power within 300 ft, so all lumber cut and carried by hand to the shed.  Used a bread knife to cut insulation. 

I turn 50 in June.  Feel like I have not worked this hard since the shop. 

20240507_161821.jpg

20240507_161836.jpg

20240507_161846.jpg

20240507_161851.jpg

20240507_161859.jpg

20240507_161924.jpg

The house looks great.

Question I have is whether you had a mask working with that insulation?  Back in the day I did a bathroom project where I had to cut a lot of cement backer boards. Wasn't fun without a mask.

I will be 52 this summer. Weird how those years went by.

• Like 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

11 hours ago, JJBerk said:

Wait, are we celebrating your 50th?!? YES! I just turned 55. You are a spring chicken.

The tiny house looks amazing. I wish Paige had something like that as a kid!

Wife asked if I wanted a party.  Cor the past 5 years I work from home and have made few aquiantences locally since relocating.  All my "friends" are 2500 miles away.  I had a BBQ for my b-day prior to leaving Cali.  That was the last time I had the "boys" together.  It's another day, I am good. 

Mary can't wait to decorate. Lol. 

11 hours ago, SubOperator said:

The house looks great.

Question I have is whether you had a mask working with that insulation?  Back in the day I did a bathroom project where I had to cut a lot of cement backer boards. Wasn't fun without a mask.

I will be 52 this summer. Weird how those years went by.

Masks are for Covid, no?  I have never worn a mask. Or much safety gear for that matter. My body bares the scars.  Never wanted to live forever, just hope the end is not a prolonged illness.  Do as I say, not as I do. I am a poor leader by example when it comes to taking care of yourself. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, m sprank said:

Masks are for Covid, no?  I have never worn a mask. Or much safety gear for that matter. My body bares the scars.  Never wanted to live forever, just hope the end is not a prolonged illness.  Do as I say, not as I do. I am a poor leader by example when it comes to taking care of yourself. 

For the longest time, I never really worried about consequences of actions. Never expected to see 40, nor did most of my friends. 20 years later, I feel every one of my choices when I pry myself out of bed in the morning.

4 hours ago, Code said:

IMG_7351.jpeg.7820e60cf860cb8c5a162ae0e1b49a6f.jpeg

Yup. Had fiberglass fall into my eyes a few times. Squint harder 

1 hour ago, boxkita said:

just booked my flight out. Thursday to Wednesday.

taking a red eye in forgetting that my ride is an oversleeper. sigh. uber ought to be stupid expensive.

BWI?  If I have not left for the meet yet, perhaps I can assist. 

• Like 1

Blood Will Flow II, fruity (like many of today's offerings) with a hint of citrus.  But not too fruity and sweet.  Hits you like a frieght train.  Worth a second try for sure.  Me likes.

Restless Dreams, not fruity but hoppy.  Not bitter hoppy.  More of a "classic" IPA.  Not the freight train but just right for relaxing.  Me definitely likes. 

Koko chocolate peanut...  Wow.  Wow.  Wow.  Can't type, must consume. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/8/2024 at 4:09 PM, m sprank said:

BWI?  If I have not left for the meet yet, perhaps I can assist. 

I got him. He’s just whining. He’s coming in at like 5AM. I don’t do mornings. Maybe I can bribe David to pick him up. 

• Haha 2

Master of Puppets.  Reminds me of  the original Pineapple Skulpin from around 2013. One of my all time favorites. 

Master of puppets, I'm pulling your strings
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams
Blinded by me, you can't see a thing
Just call my name, 'cause I'll hear you scream
Master, master

Koko vanilla banana....  I am sure there is a market, my wife who does not like beer would probably very much enjoy it.  Me, not so much.  Just not my cup of tea.  Although at almost 12% it could help get the party started. 

• Haha 1

Twix is mommas favorite candy bar, so she took first sip. She said "wow".  I like the chocolate up front and smooth carmel/vanilla hint after.  You sir have a winner. 

Met @JJBerk for dinner last night. Had a great time and meal.

We are getting close to meet time. Should I order tees?

Call room dibs/final head count?

Plan any specific excursions/events/etc?

Meal plan for the time when the entire group will be together?

Final payment check has cleared for the house.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Code said:

Do you guys need my Suby flag?

Subie, flag... remove 1 letter and it opens a world of low class, no pc humor especially if you drive an ob or forester and are familiar with subarus past.

I was so gonna bust some chops, but...

@KZJonny and @boxkita kinda beat me to it a few posts back. 

You coming to the meet this year or flaking out again?  

Edited by m sprank