LegacyGT.com

ECM 2024 planning thread

boxkita

I say let's determine a date and get an initial number of confirmed attendees (we had 17 adults this year and can probably expect a few more next year). If we book by December/January we should still be early enough to get our pick of the housing litter. We can rent two houses close to each other if necessary. I'm all for Finger Lakes, a moving target might be figuring out when Drive the Glen does not have a blackout date. I agree that would be a very cool activity for everyone to experience.

So far, confirmed attendees look like:

1. @jaylew
  2. @KZJonny
  3. @m sprank
  4. @Enlight

Any others I can mark down? Determining the date will facilitate this process. My calendar is wide open right now.

• Like 2

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

I'm confirming I will be there.

I am in a good role at work so vacation days aren't too much of an issue for me, have 4 weeks and only a few blackout days at the beginning of a few months which would require me to work but even those days can be done working remotely.

My bigger concern is by Jan my wife has usually decided/planned where the family is going for vacation for the year so this needs to be set prior to that for me to be able to attend. 

• Like 1

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

Wife and daughter would be attending this time.  Wife says we should look into any "all inclusive" resorts in the area as well.   Her friends got a HUGE discount for their Dollywood trip next month due to the size of the group and early booking. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Enlight said:

It will be great if we get enough kids for them to entertain each other.

It does help.  But honestly, until you have kids you dont realize how incredible they can be.  I dont mind playing catch with a three year old.  The smiles, laughs, absolute joy and pure innocence of childhood makes it all worth the time.  I can't hang with the kids on the playground anymore, dont have the energy.  But I can watch them, remember and smile.  Trust me, if parents could keep them 3-4 forever, they would. 

Mine told me I can't call her "baby girl" anymore in public.  Shes growing up and it makes me sad.  Eventually I will lose her to another man.  He better know I am not going down without a gun fight. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Berk’s are most likely in - date dependent, of course. We’d be in for staying in a house, or even hauling the camper. We may get lucky and find an owner that would let us park on site - opening up house space as needed.

5 hours ago, Enlight said:

I say let's determine a date and get an initial number of confirmed attendees (we had 17 adults this year and can probably expect a few more next year). If we book by December/January we should still be early enough to get our pick of the housing litter. We can rent two houses close to each other if necessary. I'm all for Finger Lakes, a moving target might be figuring out when Drive the Glen does not have a blackout date. I agree that would be a very cool activity for everyone to experience.

So far, confirmed attendees look like:

1. @jaylew
  2. @KZJonny
  3. @m sprank
  4. @Enlight

Any others I can mark down? Determining the date will facilitate this process. My calendar is wide open right now.

• Like 2

On 6/22/2023 at 7:43 AM, boxkita said:

Depending on dates, I'd do the drive again. I'd prefer a house or at least a non-automotive sleeping option. Not that I didn't appreciate @Enlight 's suburban.

The Suburban had to be a smidge more comfortable than the Toyota, yes?

• Haha 1

wrong thread...sigh

Last night on the road. I'll be home tomorrow.

Its been an amazing experience. Met so many fun people and saw so many things I've never seen before. The handful of pictures I took seem meager compared to the memories.

Im looking forward to next year.

found another dusty road 

FA1647C2-BBFB-43D5-BC4D-6EF36D537DCF.jpeg

• Like 6

On 6/21/2023 at 4:30 PM, m sprank said:

It does help.  But honestly, until you have kids you dont realize how incredible they can be.  I dont mind playing catch with a three year old.  The smiles, laughs, absolute joy and pure innocence of childhood makes it all worth the time.  I can't hang with the kids on the playground anymore, dont have the energy.  But I can watch them, remember and smile.  Trust me, if parents could keep them 3-4 forever, they would. 

Mine told me I can't call her "baby girl" anymore in public.  Shes growing up and it makes me sad.  Eventually I will lose her to another man.  He better know I am not going down without a gun fight. 

I completely agree with you on that sentiment. 3-4 years old was a blast for me. It's like the early discovery years! Now he's about video games and electronics. I'm kinda hoping I can get him into ecm tuning.. 😅🤔

At any rate, count me in. My only blackout time is spring break. That's when I take my son and visit the other grandparents in Virginia and then my other half of the family down in Georgia, and yes, the LGT made the inaugural trip of these trips! 

• Like 4

I looked into all inclusive resorts in Finger Lakes.  Not a lot of choices and rather pricey.  The one that looked to fit our group the best has a minimum reservation time of 7 days after June 9th.  I think the all inclusive is probably not going to work.  

I started looking at campgrounds.  LOTS of camp grounds.  Some rent cabins as well as tent and camper sites. 

Choices. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, m sprank said:

I looked into all inclusive resorts in Finger Lakes.  Not a lot of choices and rather pricey.  The one that looked to fit our group the best has a minimum reservation time of 7 days after June 9th.  I think the all inclusive is probably not going to work.  

I started looking at campgrounds.  LOTS of camp grounds.  Some rent cabins as well as tent and camper sites. 

Choices. 

Appreciate your digging in to it dude.

I remain firmly on the camping, maybe air bnb thing. I know I would be the only person who thinks this way, probably, but I can't stand all-inclusives and I only very rarely stay in a hotel; pretty only much when a business trip forces me too. My parents and sisters go to a destination resort every other year or so, and I haven't joined them since my sister got married at one 8-9 years ago....I would find a campsite somewhere nearby and meet up with ya'll if that became the case.

I've also asked an old classamte of mine who is born and raised in the Finger Lakes for recommendations, if he has any. His family owns a winery with tasting room and lakeside beer bar on Geneva Lake (I think?). Asked if they would have any trouble with a dozen potentially noisey turbo-Subarus descending on the place for a lakeside beer in the shade maybe. ;)

• Like 3

I might not be the biggest fan of tent camping, but I am with you on the hotel/resort.  I am not a fan either.  I hate hotels.  I was the "king of the red eye" when traveling for work as I would land in a city, attend meetings and fly out in under 16 hours.  All to avoid spending the night in a hotel.  Many a shower and breakfast in the Delta Sky Club (waiting for it to open) and then a snack and checking email before boarding again in the evening. 

If we booked a BnB Jenni and Jonny can camp in the yard.  I will continue to research camp grounds too.  5 lakes makes for a lot of research.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, m sprank said:

Instead of 5 coolers full of beer, @KZJonny should load up 3 fresh kegs into his wagon.  I'll pay deposit on the kegs.😁

Sadly the borders are too strict for that shit. I wish!!!

12 hours ago, KZJonny said:

Hah! 3 kegs would be a stretch I think, need some space in the car for clothes and a tent!

I wouldn’t rule out dragging down a half keg and party tap tho. ;)

Hey if you can get a keg, I'm sure I can bring at least 1 down, a buddy has a roof basket that I'm sure he would lend me for this trip.

• Haha 1

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here