LegacyGT.com

ECM 2024 planning thread

boxkita

On 8/16/2023 at 1:28 PM, boxkita said:

Been looking at calendar.

Thinking of leaving Arizona end of April and taking a southern route to Florida then up to New England then back home via interstate 70. Once across South Dakota was enough for me.

Targeting 6 weeks or so. Still working on details.

If you're going to Florida, I can take the Amtrak Auto Train from Lorton, VA and drive up with you. Perhaps others will be interested in joining for this portion of the road trip 😆

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

20 minutes ago, Enlight said:

If you're going to Florida, I can take the Amtrak Auto Train from Lorton, VA and drive up with you. Perhaps others will be interested in joining for this portion of the road trip 😆

Well that would work out great as I'm going to Orlando area. Meeting family so need to get planning done with them first.

https://www.amtrak.com/auto-train

I'm just starting on an itinerary. This planning a year in advance is new for me.

Tentative schedule is a week or two to Tennessee, a week to Orlando, a week in western NC, a week meandering up coast to New England (annapolis, boston, mt washington,etc), 3-5 days of ECM, and a week getting home. 

I need to find a safe haven for Memorial Day weekend (May 24-27, 2024). Don't want to be driving then.

If @Enlight Amtraks to Florida, the trip north likely becomes a Blue Ridge Parkway drive with drop offs for epic roads.

so we probably need to put up a survey for a weekend that works for everyone. I might be able to do Finger Lakes for Memorial Day Weekend, too

5 hours ago, boxkita said:

Well that would work out great as I'm going to Orlando area. Meeting family so need to get planning done with them first.

https://www.amtrak.com/auto-train

I'm just starting on an itinerary. This planning a year in advance is new for me.

Tentative schedule is a week or two to Tennessee, a week to Orlando, a week in western NC, a week meandering up coast to New England (annapolis, boston, mt washington,etc), 3-5 days of ECM, and a week getting home. 

I need to find a safe haven for Memorial Day weekend (May 24-27, 2024). Don't want to be driving then.

If @Enlight Amtraks to Florida, the trip north likely becomes a Blue Ridge Parkway drive with drop offs for epic roads.

so we probably need to put up a survey for a weekend that works for everyone. I might be able to do Finger Lakes for Memorial Day Weekend, too

You are welcome here Memorial Day weekend if the timing works. 

the earlier June date (14-16) work better here. Our 30th is 6/25… big plans. (Yes we’re old!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I generally agree with the above. I'd be happy enough to show up on a Thursday evening and leave on a Sunday, if for no other reason than to get a little more relax time for the driving done, but Finger Lakes is pretty close anyway. If there is a future meet up that is truly a long drive, I'd probably show up the an evening early and settle in. Read a book.

$200USD/night is a little rich for my blood, but I'll go along to get along if people are needed to fill in beds/rooms. If that takes care of itself, I'd pay whatever the consensus says is fair to put up my tent somewhere nearby.

• Like 4

The stars are aligning, as we were planning to do a 3 month trip to France.  From June to August..... but a friend of ours is getting married on weekend of June 23rd. So we are only going for July & August, so as long as the 2024 ECM isn't the the same weekend as the wedding we are definitely in, $200/night would probably be our limit as well.

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

June 14-16 (Friday-Sunday) , Thursday if we can find a cheap place.

Finger Lakes region of New York. $3600 max budget. Housing for 6 ppl, camping for 4. Parking for 20? Lakefront if we can.

Committed ($200/night, $600 max for weekend)

@boxkita - 1 person 

@JJBerk - 2 people 

@tysparks81 - 2 people 

@KZJonny - 1 person?

@Enlight - 1 person?

@m sprank - 3 people 

Invited mot fully committed

@Infosecdad

@JmP6889928

others I can't remember at the moment 

Needs house:

@m sprank

Needs camping space:

@KZJonny

housing ambivalent 

@JJBerk

@tysparks81

@boxkita

We've seen house prices at all levels. I'd like to target 2500 max because 600/weekend would be a big chunk of my lodging budget. Finding more ppl committed helps.

Still need to sort out food and drinks (knocking over a beer truck worked well this time and @m sprank should be recovered from alcohol poisoning by next year). If possible, I'd like the $200/night to cover all expenses minus travel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, boxkita said:

weekend works for me and several others. let's start finding a place. 

anyone else joining can pay into food/beer budget.

Maybe @KZJonny can convince his partners to make a one-off ECM weekend beer :)

4 minutes ago, m sprank said:

As long as no design changes needed (except the year) stickers and tees should not be an issue again. 

Pretty sure @KZJonny said he had a 80proof beer in the works.  LOL. 

I'll see what I can do about bringing along something to suit the occasion. Reached out to my old University pal who's family owns a winery in the area. Haven't heardback yet, but maybe get a little tour and taste if anyone is interested. I am pretty sure they have draught beer on tap. Place is right on Lake Geneva, so the view is pretty good.

I am good for that weekend anyway, so count me in on that.

Cheers!

• Like 3