LegacyGT.com

June 16-18, '23 - Carlisle, PA: LegacyGT.com East Coast Meetup

Enlight

Weekend Availability for East Coast Meet  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which weekends are you available?

This poll is closed to new votes

Yesterday we made plans to visit Jenni and her hubby first week of July.  Today I was able to speak with @Paisan for the first time in several years.  THANK YOU @JJBerk for passing on his number!!!  The meet keeps on giving as it allowed me to connect with another old friend, again. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, m sprank said:

I would be willing to hit the 48-hour tri-state even with no subie.  Good peeps and a great cause.

Plenty of non Subies on the drive. You’ll be welcome with open arms. We’ve been doing it since 2014 and only missed 2 years. We used to raise $35,000-$50,000. The last two years we’ve raised over $100,000. All for Make-A-Wish.

This year dates are 1/10/2024 - 1/14/2024. It’s an extra day longer because it looks like we’re heading to SIA in Indiana. If you’ve never been, the plant tour is worth the trip, all by itself. Impressive place!

Edited by JJBerk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jaylew said:

oh it'd be dope to spectate pikes peak! I am hoping Mt Washington in NH does another hill climb soon since that is way closer to me haha

by the time I figured out I could drive to the top it was sold out.

I crossed the continental divide at 11,990 feet over loveland pass. The oxygen deprivation was enough to make me cough. Pike's peak would have been worse.

have to train for next year 

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, jaylew said:

oh it'd be dope to spectate pikes peak! I am hoping Mt Washington in NH does another hill climb soon since that is way closer to me haha

I burned out what remained of my clutch on Mt. Washington trying to hold myself in traffic on what seemed like a 45 degree incline. I also tore my passenger side CV boot about that time from, I assume, the downpipe throwing off too much heat.

You're almost home, @boxkita!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Hwy 84 from western utah across southern idaho.

wide open vistas, great roads, reasonably spaced gas stops, 80mph speed limit...

If you have a full tank or at least more than half a tank, the stop at the golden spike park was a fun visit. If you are a train nerd, the working steam engine (replicas of the originals) was icing on the cake

0E7D953B-6B8A-4071-952B-372EB4D3FACA.jpeg

• Like 5

There is both a train store and a train museum in town. By the time i wake up the museum is closed. the store caters to night owl...long experience sneaking rare lgt parts in the house stood me well until i setup the track. it's hard to hide the train running on the track. Although the stupidly happy grin was a bit of a giveaway too.

Wasnt @penguin a train worker? He seemed like the grumpiest person here. Obviously playing train is not working train

forgot to update thread....

Got home at 11:45pm Monday night. It's taken a couple days to acclimatize to not getting up, packing and getting on the road again.

posted a trip report here: https://www.gr86.org/threads/10-000-miles-in-26-days.8276/

total mileage came out at 10346. 

Average miles traveled per day 397

I stopped at Costco last night to buy enough oil for 3 more changes. Enough to get me through the 25k free toyota care mileage, assuming 2500 mile oci. Toyota owes me 2 more.

The engine is getting noisier. Probably going to be using a higher viscosity oil after the 25k care period is up. Toyota engine oil is stupidly expensive, dealership used mobil one. Pretty sure that's not correct. 

Track pipe is going on this week.

Huskies took a couple days to remember who I was. They are fickle beasts. Once they realized who I was, they started rototilling the back yard with a vengeance.. The only do that when pissed, scared, hangry, or you don't walk them 3 minutes after waking up.

OR visit is probably a week out. They take off for the holidays. They hassled me when my ice climbing gloves failed. Lifetime didn't really mean "my" lifetime.

Next year's trip is going to be amazing :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2023 at 7:00 PM, jaylew said:

technically the 86 is a 4 passenger car, so uber might allow it. I'm pretty sure my first customer would be the last one after driving up pike's peak

• Haha 1