LegacyGT.com

Official: North Central Spotted thread! Newbs see if youve been seen!

gfxdave99

I haven't been seen yet. I have seen a couple white ones and a red one and a silver one. none looked modified so I doubt they are here. All in the schaumburg area. Oh yeah and one at my work regal blue just like mine. kind of pisses me off. haven't seen that color yet other then the guy at my work. oh well i got the spoiler and they don't

Last night, at around 8:30, Dark blue LGT turning east on Grand Ave from Noble (Grand/Noble corner) in Chicago. I was Parking on Noble/Grand to go have a burger at the Burger Baron in the corner. Who was it? I live just a few blocks away...

Saw a black LGT debadged, tinted on HWY 158 in Kenosha, WI going towards the lake. Last 3 letters of license plate were KAR. I was in the big ass silver dodge ram right behind you trying to see your rear badge. What was it, I couldn't tell. If your on here speak up!!

I haven't been seen yet. I have seen a couple white ones and a red one and a silver one. none looked modified so I doubt they are here. All in the schaumburg area. Oh yeah and one at my work regal blue just like mine. kind of pisses me off. haven't seen that color yet other then the guy at my work. oh well i got the spoiler and they don't

What?!

That is the goofiest logic I've heard in a while. I think that many of us LGT owners would fall into the category of "subtle" mods, or mod our cars to be real sleepers. You wouldn't know from looking at my car that it's modded unless you knew enough about the car to notice the blacked out headlights. That's it. Nothing else on the exterior is a giveaway. I am partially debadged but will almost certainly leave "LEGACY" on the trunk still because every time I see an A4 that is fully debadged (and other cars) it sticks out like a sore thumb to me that the owner is some kind of enthusiast. To me, leaving some badging on makes it look more stock. :D

Furthermore, as noted in this very thread, you just never know. I spotted Kimmi GT a month or two ago and figured she wasn't a member because in 4 miles of driving next to each other, she never seemed to notice my car. Turns out she was just in her own world at the time being Friday afternoon and all. I wouldn't have known her car was modded if I didn't see here that she has an AP. Only other clue on her car is a "Boxer Powered" license plate frame. I wouldn't call that cosmetically modified.

So you are saying having tinted windows or rims isn't being modded. I just meant every car I saw had a old lady in it and still had the subaru sticker from where they bought it on it. I understand with a Legacy people aren't going to have stickers and huge wing.

I know about sleepers I sold a 1997 4 door grand prix that looked completely stock and ran 13.5 for my legacy. The only thing that gave it away was tinted windows and a loud exhaust system. stock rims no cosmetic mods at all.

Back to the post I saw a black LGT wagon this morning on Meacham in schaumburg. Looked like a guy in his 20's with his girl friend. Maybe someone from here?

Probably me, I went a Korean place for lunch (very good I might add) on Golf right around Subaru of Schaumburg. Bwahahaha I said Schaumburg :lol:

Davis we should just do lunch instead of passing each other around lunch time :)

So you are saying having tinted windows or rims isn't being modded.

I wouldn't call tint a "mod" so much. Too many fat old men and old women tint the hell out of their car simply for the anti-sauna effect. I don't think twice if I see a car with or without tint. It means nothing to me.

Wheels I would call a real mod, but it's not something required to be on the car for it to be modded. My point is that what most people around here do for mods don't stick out too much. DP, UP, maybe exhaust, AP. Things that are owned by real enthusiasts, but not necessarily visual mods. Don't see too many Legacies with Body Kits and Windshield Banners. Every time I see an LGT, I wonder if they're on the site. LGT enthusiasts don't fit a stereotype of the average Sport Compact mold.

Actually, the first thing I look for as a hint is disabled DRLs. Then other little bits. It's not the big stuff that gives away an enthusiast, but the little things. :)

I saw another OBXT (white) today, on Tonkawood Rd. in Minnetonka. It appeared to be brand new (it had those cardboard dealer plate thingies). I'm starting to think it's not worth reporting XT's here, since there are probably a lot of non-enthusiasts driving them. I'll still report the '05+ OB sedans though, since they are a rare breed.

I almost never see LGT's. I haven't seen one on the road for three months.

Yeh, Ive only eaten there once, but some tasty stuff. That mongolian stir fry place is pretty tasty also down there
Where is that? I hate Hot Wok :icon_mad:

Also have you found any good Chinese? I have been working around that area for 1+ years now and nothing…tried a lot of places but nothing any good.

I saw another OBXT (white) today, on Tonkawood Rd. in Minnetonka. It appeared to be brand new (it had those cardboard dealer plate thingies). I'm starting to think it's not worth reporting XT's here, since there are probably a lot of non-enthusiasts driving them. I'll still report the '05+ OB sedans though, since they are a rare breed.

I almost never see LGT's. I haven't seen one on the road for three months.

Same here. I did actually see a White LGT heading north on 494 near Hwy 55 this morning though about 7:15 am. First one I'd seen in a while.

Where is that? I hate Hot Wok

Also have you found any good Chinese? I have been working around that area for 1+ years now and nothing…tried a lot of places but nothing any good.

Its down golf at the intersection of golf and rosalle I believe, off in the corner, theres a asian market right on the side of it and a babies R Us, I think. Not to sure about the chinese though, every chinese place I had is only OK at best.

At lunch today, got Coffee at the Caribou on Old Shakopee and France. As I walk out to my car, there is another Red LGT Sedan parked next to mine and a very attractive brunette admiring my freshly washed car!

She's not a member, but she loves her '05 GRP LGT LTD 5EAT. I invited her to the site, but I don't think from our conversation that she'll join. But I do at least hope to see her around again.