LegacyGT.com

Official: North Central Spotted thread! Newbs see if youve been seen!

gfxdave99

black lgt wagon today mid afternoon at the streets of woodfield. Tints, Illini sticker... i am curious what kind of shifter knob that was... it looked either volvoish or from an S2000... it was weird to see but now i can't get it out of my head like a bad song.

Saturday July 21st

NASA racing/TT/HPDE event

Autobahn CC paddock

White LGT, no wing, OZ rims, aftermarket exhaust, IL tag C97 7726

Black Outback, stock exterior, IL tag G49 0766

That was me, I had fun following you during lunch and learning the racing line better. I rode with my buddy in HPDE 4 and that was a BLAST! If my Koni's come in, I will be in HPDE 1 at Road America Aug 4th and 5th. I have no faith in my car right now, so I didn't enter this weekend. Were you instructing this weekend? Gonna be at RA?

P5250010.thumb.jpg.e9446ec403f9fa342c273c73de6dce4b.jpg

:icon_arro

I was a volunteer for the NASA-Midwest weekend at Autobahn CC working with timing & scoring up in race control. By volunteering you earn credit toward entry fees for future NASA events. I'd like to go up to RA but don't think I can get off from work that weekend.

I went out for the touring session during lunch yesterday to get a little more familiar with the south course. Were my lines really that good that I looked like an instructor? :lol: It's a lot easier hitting your marks @ 40 mph (well, we weren't supposed to be exceeding 40 ;) ).

If you're going to be tracking your car at speed you'll definitely want to upgrade your brake pads.

:icon_arro

I was a volunteer for the NASA-Midwest weekend at Autobahn CC working with timing & scoring up in race control. By volunteering you earn credit toward entry fees for future NASA events. I'd like to go up to RA but don't think I can get off from work that weekend.

I went out for the touring session during lunch yesterday to get a little more familiar with the south course. Were my lines really that good that I looked like an instructor? :lol: It's a lot easier hitting your marks @ 40 mph (well, we weren't supposed to be exceeding 40 ;) ).

If you're going to be tracking your car at speed you'll definitely want to upgrade your brake pads.

I'll look for you at future events and stop by if I see your car. I should be at the next NASA Putnum Park event as well as RA.

Seemed to me you were on the same line as my buddy in the HPDE4/TT group, but I don't know much about open track, just autocross. I rode with him a bit in the #3 Black 1998 M3. We passed about a dozen cars and were overtaken once in session 2 Sunday. With less power than most cars in that group, he does alot of overtaking in the braking zones.

What pads do you recommend? I have Hawk HPS/Goodridge lines/motul fluid now. Suspension will be Cusco sways/ION springs/Koni Struts/ Super Pro offset LCA bushings. Tires are Falken Azenis 615's. (I'm real impressed with them over my previous Kumho MX's, only have about 400 miles on them so far) I think I should be ready to try track days instead of autocross as soon as I replace my worn out stock struts.

I'm running Carbotech XP10 pads for track days this year. fweasel was on Hawk XPS pads his first time at Autobahn and experienced some fade. When we were both there a couple weeks ago he was using HP+ and was pleased with them.

I'm running Carbotech XP10 pads for track days this year. fweasel was on Hawk XPS pads his first time at Autobahn and experienced some fade. When we were both there a couple weeks ago he was using HP+ and was pleased with them.

tru dat.

ignore him, he'll go away.

PM me if you have the numbers for a good dual purpose street/track allignment.

I am currently at

1 degree negative camber in the front

6/10ths of a degree negative camber in the rear

0 toe front and rear. (add rear toe?)

I just got word that my Koni struts should be in this week, so I will be needing an alignment again.

spotted a silver lgt with what looked like a RBS grill, tinted windows, and a perrin sticker in the bottom half of the small quarter windows. saw him just getting off the interstate heading south down highway 141 towards the Super Target at around 2:30pm. i was in a work truck going the opposite way, so i couldn't chase after him.
never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills at the same time as a laxative.

PM me if you have the numbers for a good dual purpose street/track allignment.

I am currently at

1 degree negative camber in the front

6/10ths of a degree negative camber in the rear

0 toe front and rear. (add rear toe?)

I just got word that my Koni struts should be in this week, so I will be needing an alignment again.

I made a few changes from my last outing at Gingerman in May, but since then I added the Ksport coilovers which let me go to -1.4 camber in the front, -1.0 in the rear, with zero toe all around. I previously added Cobb sways, and ran with new Hankook RS2 Z212s. I ran with this combo at Grattan last week.

The whole combo worked very well. Running more negative camber up front over stock settings felt great, and the tires didn't get as shredded up in the afternoon sessions (when the track gets hot) as they had in the past with the stock alignment settings.

I have run -1.5 camber in the past on other cars with no issues if you keep the tires rotated.

This was my fourth track day on the Carbotech Panther Plus (now called AX6) pads, plus about 15K of street use, and I love them. They are ready for replacement, but I had a spare set at Grattan as I didn't expect them to live through another track day.

The Hankook RS2s are my new favorite summer tire for the track & street.

BTW, if you ever get the chance to do Grattan (north of Grand Rapids MI) do it. Fun track.

Ron

Yesterday afternoon, I spotted an '08 Deep Bronze Metallic Legacy SE Limited w/ stock spoiler on Milwaukee Avenue in Buffalo Grove/Lincolnshire. The goldish/bronze new color looked pretty slick on a legacy, now I just want to see it on a GT.

Go Cardinals!

345 pm today, Rt 59 & Theodore in Joliet: Silver GT, non-stock grill, white lettering across base of back window but couldn't make out what it said (only caught a glimpse of it in my rear view mirror).

I was at Subaru of Schaumburg today getting some warranty stuff done and I noticed a ABP LGT with Kazera 5 spoke wheels. When I picked up my car one of the guys commented on my wheels and was asking me what I have done to it. I told him just a downpipe, don't know why I hid everything else but still told him about the downpipe but he said the service manager has the LGT and its got a cobb accessport. Maybe that means they are a mod friendly dealership ;) Doubt he is on here but if he is... hook us up with some engine cover pop its.:lol: