LegacyGT.com

BDCVG lost cylinder #4 so here We go

There is always the $75 1000 ft-lb electric impact wrench from harbor freight. Worked for my pulley but not the cams. 

when you put the cams on the torque is 45 degrees after 50 ft-lbs or something like that. Super hard to get the full 45!

FWIW, here's how my wagon has been for a number of years.

Took this pic a week ago because the oil pan rusted and was weeping oil on my new garage floor.

DSCN9839.JPG

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

GT's and XT's always had MLS HG's. That is the fix for the 2.5i HG issues, install GT HG's.

I think the gasket set is still missing the "half moon" seals for the back of the cams.  May be the crush washers for the banjo's too ?

• Thanks 1

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I assume the kit is for the model of the vehicle? That would mean the turbos always get MLS.

Having just done this on my 2010 LGT, I didn't have any 1/2 moon seals on my cams. It was valve cover gasket, spark plug hole gasket, cam seals and some ultra gray where the manual called for it (cam covers and scavenger pump where they mate to the head and then also around the valve cover seal  on the curves. I guess as a 'backup').

Must be different on different heads. I have 25E on my castings?

Hmmm... Maybe I missed this. I didn't notice them, but they likely where there. Hope they don't start leaking!

Looking at the parts diagram for the head, it appears 2010GTs don't have 1/2 moons but rather a full plug that screws in/out and can be replaced without going in to the valve cover. I wonder what the 2008XTs have... Ah, parts diagram clearly shows 1/2 moons there. Phew, glad I didn't miss something!

Edited by tdelker

The contents of My gasket kit have a lot of the copper crush washers included. I am not sure yet what the " half moon " gasket is. Mine is for 2008 turbo motor. I will use the Subaru HG , 1st ones lasted until now. My issue is finding 2 of the hoses. One is the block to    PCV valve assemby. The other one appears to be a cooling line from block to the head crossover.

Edited by bdcvg

Valley Subaru in Colorado got me my PCV valve assembly to block hose. Mine was cracked and might have been part of the issue. I was nervous because I thought it would be hard to find, but they had one in 3 days.

Buy the clic or clic-r tool to undo those hose clamps. They are odd. Much easier to do the replacement with the intake off, but you can do it with the intake on.

I didn't. The system is very good at telling you when one of them isn't working through codes and it's not that hard to get to any of them. You might have to remove the intake to get to the intake cam position sensor. All the rest are very easy to get to. (I think the knock is fairly easy to get to, but I didn't look that closely at it. It's under the intercooler at the rear though.)

Edited by tdelker

IMO if you didn't have any injector issues before, they should be good to use. Never had mine cleaned, 304,800 miles. I do use a can of Chemtol B-12 in the Fall in the gas tank.

https://www.google.com/search?q=chemtrol+berryman+b12&rlz=1C1OKWM_enUS906US906&oq=chemtrol&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j35i39j0i512l4j46i175i199i512j0i512l3.6548j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

OK wires for the gauge sensors are run. Dash all back except for the cubby itself. I'll do that after initial start-up so I can set the alarms and color. Killer B pick-up and baffle installed. Oil pan on. Oil pump on. Oil cooler and water pump on. Waiting for the heads still. While cleaning TGV's I found out My gasket kit is missing the manifold to TGV gaskets but I have 8 spark plug hole gaskets. Ugh.

1 hour ago, bdcvg said:

OK wires for the gauge sensors are run. Dash all back except for the cubby itself. I'll do that after initial start-up so I can set the alarms and color. Killer B pick-up and baffle installed. Oil pan on. Oil pump on. Oil cooler and water pump on. Waiting for the heads still. While cleaning TGV's I found out My gasket kit is missing the manifold to TGV gaskets but I have 8 spark plug hole gaskets. Ugh.

I may have a spare set, do you know the part number you need?