LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

Just had a medical procedure. The good news is Audi called my wife while I was at the hospital and said they install the new ECM. It still did not start. Audi traced the engine wire harness and found the wires been chewed up by a rodent. My insurance is paying for the engine harness.

Just had a medical procedure. The good news is Audi called my wife while I was at the hospital and said they install the new ECM. It still did not start. Audi traced the engine wire harness and found the wires been chewed up by a rodent. My insurance is paying for the engine harness.

Get well soon!

And if this was a wiring harness damage all the time it's a duh sign about how complex and hard to diagnose cars are today combined with the insufficient competence that many have to resolve problems when codes are all that they can follow. Never think outside the box.

453747.png

It's hard for me to believe that a rodent chewed up the wire harness at my home since the vehicle always been driven every day and I don't live in a wooded area. Behind my house is a Electonic toll road. I think the cold, snow and ice made it worst....

I asked myself how long the Audi been sitting at the dealership or at the previous home? Maybe that's where it started?

I'm freaking hungry I had to starve myself for couple of days for the procedure. Yesterday I had Pho after my procedure and then late in the day I had Five Guys. Today planning to hit the Korean BBQ with my friend. So, I can fill my tum tum with loads of meat, lol.

Edited by amusa

Update on the Audi.

I'm going through the Estimate of Record from my Insurance.

Replace Aim headlamps (8U941043E) * This don't make sense to me*

Repairing the Wire Harness

Replace Wire part #000979025EA

Replace Wire connectors part #000949940

There is a bunch of Remove and Replace that I have not listed for example, kick panel trim, air cleaner assy, engine cover, lower trim panel, etc.

Total Parts cost $590

Labor Cost 10hrs @ $183.88hr

Total Cost of Repairs is $2,464.20

Dealer paid for a brand new ECM w/programing under warranty

The Audi is still at the dealership. At least there now moving forward. I'm guessing it be ready this week or next week.

Other news. Finally my taxes is now filed. Just need to stop at the postal office after work today and pay up on the renewal fee for my business.

Edited by amusa

Update on the Audi.

Check with your insurance about anything that don't make sense. They don't like to have to pay more than necessary either.

453747.png

• I Donated
Update on the Audi.

It's a VW product. If you have to take apart the entire front end to do a VR6 water pump, I'm not surprised you have to remove and reinstall the headlights to replace the underhood wiring harness.

It's a VW product. If you have to take apart the entire front end to do a VR6 water pump, I'm not surprised you have to remove and reinstall the headlights to replace the underhood wiring harness.

Thanks the last time I worked on a VW was back in the mid 90s and that's when I owned a 1990 GTI.

Is that really doable? This is my first car where I have to put premium gas lol

I've done it in a pinch. When I visit my dad in MO they only have 91, I'm tuned for 93 so I dump a bottle of octane booster in for each tank. I usually use royal purple because I trust them more. Many of the options don't really tell you how many points it improves the fuel. I will get knock events with 91, but not with 91 + booster. I don't do it as a regular thing, just once a year or so when I drive in MO. I had to do it when I travelled for a couple weeks in AZ/CO where I couldn't find 93 at a few points in the trip.

If your vehicle require to put in Prem. If you don't have access to Prem. You can run the low grade. You have to remember to drive like an elderly person and not push it. if you do your motor will start pinging.