LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

The wild and not so innocent life leading to Motörhead.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXe5kUoqbfI]How Motörhead & "Ace of Spades" United The Punks & Metalheads | New British Canon - YouTube[/ame]

453747.png

The Home Automation company Insteon has gone belly-up.

Dear Insteon Community,

In 2017, after many successful years, Smartlabs, Inc found itself in financial difficulties and the path forward was unclear. That year, Smartlabs took in additional capital and brought in new management to turn the situation around. These efforts resulted in new investment into the fortification of the technology and development of new products. The future was looking bright.

In 2019, the onset of the global pandemic brought unforeseen disruption to the market, but the company continued to move forward. However, the subsequent (and enduring) disruption to the supply chain caused by the pandemic proved incredibly difficult and the company engaged in a sales process in November, 2021. The goal was to find a parent for the company and continue to invest in new products and the technology. The process resulted in several interested parties and a sale was expected to be realized in the March timeframe. Unfortunately, that sale did not materialize. Consequently, the company was assigned to a financial services firm in March to optimize the assets of the company.

The pioneering work in smart lighting and world-class products have created an extraordinary following and community. Clearly, all Smartlabs’ employees who have worked so hard to produce such world-class products and technology hope that a buyer can be found for the company.

Although incredibly difficult, we hope that the Insteon community understands the tireless efforts by all the employees to serve our customers, and deeply apologize to the community.

https://www.insteon.com/news2022

So if you rely on a cloud service for your home you shall expect it to stop working at any time.

There's also an article over at ARS Technica about this.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/04/shameful-insteon-looks-dead-just-like-its-users-smart-homes/

453747.png

That fool never showed up to court. Now there going to issue a warrant for his arrest (he was on bail) and the detective that found the vehicle said he is going to put in a search party for him.

• 4 weeks later...

"Dang, 22k?"

I sometimes come here and check online car sites like autotrader looking for my old legacy, I found this today (Not my old car).

2009 Legacy GT MT with 43k, $21,998. I know the used car market is nuts, but I was still a little surprised by the price.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/ab70bc35-4b45-40fd-96e3-a5a7c2a646f5/

Edited by apexi
changed link, this one has the carfax

Vehicle Maintenance this weekend (Dust/Cabin and Engine Air Filters). I need to schedule for the fluid change maybe next week or so. Then Need to order Tires. There is a good chance I be driving 13-14hrs on a family vacation in few month for my son Birthday. I refuse to put my son on a Plane during COVID. Edited by amusa

• 3 weeks later...

So much on my mind. from Vehicle maintenance, Tires on backorder. Driving the Benz to Florida in couple of month. This weekend is full detailing the other vehicle. I also need to do SMOG on the Benz. I need to go back to court the first week of July. Look like the P'D found him.

My son is now officially on summer break

• 2 weeks later...
Tired of the Court House and this Mother F'er don't show up in court. This is round 3. What a waste of my time. I want to put this crap behind me and move on. Edited by amusa

Got a nice promotion at work. First week and i got exposed to Covid lol

Have been working from Home for the past week.

No symptoms but my boss said it was best if we all worked from home for a while.

That's a pretty conservative work place

Yea they have been great, we have Hybrid Schedules due to Covid, we now have to go into the office 3 out of 5 days

Since i got exposed, they told me to stay home and quarantine for 10 days just in case. Ill test on Tuesday before going back, if its negative ill go in Tues - Thurs and then wfh on Friday