LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

Yeah, the spec b's turbo isn't getting much exercise these days. Tuned for 93 and 5MT. And on my 70 mi mainly h'way round trip commute I'm now in the 1st lane going 70 rather than 80 and drafting behind SUVs. Thank goodness I save $0.10/gal using my local fuel joint's "SmartPay" app...

2025 looks pretty good, do they also turn the audio all the way down so the audience doesn’t have to hear the lame ass music and dialogue?

That would be ideal.

That's how the pilgrims watched movies. How old school.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Just upset was going to purchase tires for the Benz and the 6 year old GE dishwasher broke. I'm sure it's a sensor or something because it will fill up with water that's it after that nothing happen. I end up purchasing one from Best Buy since Lowes delivery won't be till June 8 and possible delay, lol.

Just upset was going to purchase tires for the Benz and the 6 year old GE dishwasher broke. I'm sure it's a sensor or something because it will fill up with water that's it after that nothing happen. I end up purchasing one from Best Buy since Lowes delivery won't be till June 8 and possible delay, lol.

Planned obsolescence.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Your wife’s name is GE?

My Audi is going back into the dealer. I complained they did a horrible job. Wires are exposed at every harness plug by 2-3 inches and not wrapped and they left all the wire trash in the engine bay. I was going to wrap it myself this weekend until i got an email from the manager and said he will take care of it. At least the Audi will get a bath (I get free carwash anytime at Audi with no appointment for the next 3 years). Edited by amusa

:rolled eyes"

I've owned audis for 6 years. Not an issue. Yet. Audis of 15-20 years ago were a bit of a different breed.

On the other hand, I've had 4 toyotas in 12 years. I've had issues with everyone of them. Nothing crazy, but warranty issues, or accelerated wear issues on all of them. Still good cars. Actually, i take that back. I had an 04 or something for a year. That car was a beast. LOL

ymmv

I’m not sure some new Toyota’s are living up to their reputation either.

Witness the first model year of the all new Gen 3 Tundra. I’ve been waiting for a new truck for quite awhile and Toyota isn’t covering themselves in glory with this one.

So I’ll wait out this moronic auto market for another year and see if they can unfuck themselves. If not I am not sure what I will do, I despise AFM/DOD equipment going on V8’s because it causes reliability issues. Twin Turbo V6 gasoline engines have their own foibles *looking at you Ford and now Toyota*. I’m not a big fan of the small diesels in 1/2 tons because they are anemic up top at making horsepower, and I drive two lane highways where the 50-80mph passing power is a non negotiable requirement for me.

So that points towards either midsize trucks that are more simple, but too small, or 3/4 ton trucks. I have a strong aversion to 3/4 tons for my uses even though a guy can buy a strait forward NA gas V8 with no DOD nonsense, or a monster HD Diesel engine with power for days. Thing is I don’t tow regularly or haul heavy regularly enough to justify one, and when they aren’t being worked and loaded down they ride like a lumber wagon. Plus none of them fit easily in my garage with a crew cab and 6.5’-6.75’ bed, where a 1/2 ton crew cab with a 5.5’ bed will no problem.