LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

Finally they called my wife. Saying that they need to call the Audi in Germany to get answers since they don’t know what is wrong with the vehicle, lol.

I already told you how to get a loaner.

If the car is out of service over 30 days in the first year you might be able to lemon law it.

Then go buy something not made by Germans.

Finally they called my wife. Saying that they need to call the Audi in Germany to get answers since they don’t know what is wrong with the vehicle, lol.

Looks like they need to hire some skilled people.

But sometimes it can take ages for manufacturers to figure out what's wrong.

I once had to convince the designer of a HW clock interface with a MCU that it was the root cause for the problem we had with the clock getting totally FUBAR now and then. I2C communication was started, then the MCU restarted and started to communicate again but the clock chip was never reset and just thought that the communication continued so what should have been a command to the clock chip was interpreted as data and then the clock chip just went bonkers.

453747.png

Netflix Ozark has a great and creepy next logical take on selling heroin. Sound familiar?

“these rich fuckers will pay for anything if you convince them it’s fancy. We don’t need to sell more, we just need to charge more. What like hipster heroin? Exactly. Brand it like it’s the ******* Moët of dope. Say it’s like, cut with natural antihistamines to prevent itching. Multivitamins; for micronutrient leaching. We can charge a shit ton, and before you know it, we’re in the designer heroin business. From farm … to needle.”

Also - Natural, organic, dolphin safe, low cholesterol, healthy, organic, low sodium, low fat, BPA free, no preservatives, no added sugar, minimally processed, gluten free, wholesome, high fiber, just addictive opiates for the whole family, made in the US of A. Void where prohibited, subject to local and federal regulations, call before midnight tonight….operators standing by.

Be an American and buy American.

I left a another message with the provider yesterday. If I don't hear from him today. I'm showing up on Saturday in person to confront him. This is BS still with no loaner.

Another Audi owner at a different location (Hunt Valley Cockeysville, Maryland) is still waiting for a loner he been waiting for a little over a week now. This dealership is about 51miles away from the location where my Audi is at in the Rockville area.

Edited by amusa

As an insurance adjuster I can tell you that vehicle repairs are an absolute nightmare right now. Our rental budgets are completely blown out of the water by parts on back order. I don't know how shops are dealing with it, but on our end we're getting killed on rentals. I try and total everything I can.

I have a claimant still in a rental since August because one piece is missing for the trunk.

Brought to you by Pfizer

As an insurance adjuster I can tell you that vehicle repairs are an absolute nightmare right now. Our rental budgets are completely blown out of the water by parts on back order. I don't know how shops are dealing with it, but on our end we're getting killed on rentals. I try and total everything I can.

I have a claimant still in a rental since August because one piece is missing for the trunk.

Weird.

The world seems to be too interconnected these days. A minor hiccup and everything falls apart.

Are they still blaming "Ever Given"?

453747.png

My neighbor bought a new volvo suv last year... A few months after she got it, she had a loaner for about 4 months as they were trying to source a single part under warranty. LOL

Thats funny I was reading just yesterday that repair shops are going way above to repair cars that should be totaled because the used car market is so hot.

I talked to my friend at Audi (Sales Manager) when I was picking up the loaner over the weekend. He said since there are shortage on the brand new vehicles there force to sell some of the loaners vehicle. To meet demands. This is why there shortage on loaner vehicles and same. for parts.

Friend is kind of upset with me since he did not know the Audi been there for 3 weeks. If he knew he could of pushed the service department. The good thing now is I finally got my son other car seat and his other stroller out from our Q3.

Edited by amusa