LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

On 2/4/2024 at 8:04 PM, SubOperator said:

I used Chemical Guys' water spot removal gel, worked wonderfully. Orange looking gel, is a bit pricey but worth it.

Is that how you clean the windows on a submarine?

On 2/5/2024 at 9:31 AM, KZJonny said:

Is all this water spot removal stuff just for pedestrian water spots, or is there something more serious that needs removing?

I have a streaky pattern on both the windsheild and tailgate glass of my OBW that I cannot for the life of me remove. I tried bug and tar remover, 0000 steel wool with a windex as lubricant, etc.... Nothing seems to have done a great job of removing it.

I am beginning to suspect there is either a coating on the glass that is finally wearing away or maybe there is a buildup of water salts over time???

I'll try for some pics, but any insights into whether this is 'get a new windsheild' time, or something that is fixable?

The Chemical Guys gel removed the hard water spots on the glass that were many years old. There was nothing I was able to find to remove them before that.

I plan on cleaning paint on my wagon once it gets a little warmer.

• Like 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

18 hours ago, amptramp said:

Is that how you clean the windows on a submarine?

Exactly, key is to remember not to roll them down while under water.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Www.blipshift.com

not sure why it didn’t link but you’ll thank me when you get there. 

Edited by Code
  • Thanks 1
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

19 minutes ago, Kojak said:

Had they done a wagon version, it’d be in the mail as a bday gift to myself. Nice find. 

I wouldn't drive a sedan. I'm not gonna wear one either. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, KZJonny said:

I wouldn't drive a sedan. I'm not gonna wear one either. 🤪

This...  This makes me sad...  Haha.  I LOVE my spec.B sedan and I don't care what you say!  I made myself some different swag, though.  There was no spec.B shirts, so I had this printed (and it works for wagons, too!):

PXL_20230823_151921468.thumb.jpg.ce1bbf30bcafae99a8812009ce3c471d.jpgPXL_20230823_151905060.thumb.jpg.ece69c0ce319eacf0ee6ab8644daeb35.jpg

• Like 5

They 100% did in CADM. In manual. All the way to 2009!!!

And no hate for sedans. Like what you like.

I own 3 wagons and a 5 door hatchback (mini-wagon). My first car was a sedan, I guess 'coz I didn't know any better. First thing I drove at like 10 years old or whatever, was an '87(?) Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser woody-wagon. That thing was awful. Before that my Dad had a Pontiac 2000 station wagon and before that it was a pair of Minis.

So... long live the long roof.

• Like 4

Haven't posted in a bit as I've been moving and the car was temporarily turned in to a uhaul. I finished getting the sound deadening and insulation installed up front and got the carpet reinstalled. Shockingly it fit perfectly even though there's 1/2" of new foam underneath it. It also looks brand new since I pressure washed and air dried it for a week.

The last picture was my garage load with all my tools. I would have loved to put it on a scale. Then again, I probably would have felt even worse about the abuse.

20240204_202134.jpg

20240205_223034.jpg

20240201_003530.jpg

Edited by alex0856
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alex0856 said:

Haven't posted in a bit as I've been moving and the car was temporarily turned in to a uhaul. I finished getting the sound deadening and insulation installed up front and got the carpet reinstalled. Shockingly it fit perfectly even though there's 1/2" of new foam underneath it. It also looks brand new since I pressure washed and air dried it for a week.

Very nice. I'm installing a hitch on mine in the near future. How did she handle with a full load?

Also, before and after impressions of the sound deadening?

Lastly, you Uber with your Legacy?

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

21 hours ago, Code said:

I don’t think they ever sold facelifted wagons in usdm. 

No but Canada got facelifted wagons that were built right here in Indiana... SOA sux.

• Like 2

Just booked an appointment to get a wheel bearing replaced on Tuesday.  It will be about CAD $650 plus 13% tax.  I am almost at 300,000 km and a new bearing is cheaper than a new car.  I am looking forward to getting to 299,792.468 km as that will be one light second.  It might even make it to 300,000 km.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, xt2005bonbon said:

Change it yourself and save some cash. It's not hard at all (assuming no bolt seizing problem).

+1 to that. :)

It’s frikkin 8 degrees out. Swing on down to St. Kitts and we can do up that bearing right quick.

• Like 1

Damn, I did my front wheel bearing in my tiny garage while it was -15C a couple years ago.. I didn't enjoy a single moment of that but I saved some decent coin doing it.  My best friend was a radiant heat dish.

Good luck.

On 2/8/2024 at 11:32 AM, Code said:

Www.blipshift.com

not sure why it didn’t link but you’ll thank me when you get there. 

Gotta admit, some cool stuff on there. Liked the variety and it’s not often you see Grand National shirts. Been wanting a new subie shirt, I got suckered in…🤣

I am scheduled for 2-13-24 to drive a 100 miles drop off my wheels and get a set of Michelin Pilot PS2  225-45-17 installed on my SSR GT7  7.5x17 -50 offset, then I drop off the LGT to have the windows tinted. Think I will go with a 50% tint. Walk across the street to a doctors appointment. Walk back and pick up the car, then the tires and wheels and then a 100 mile return trip home. Then I will post some photos of the results. 

The wheels and tires are not going on the car until springtime in the mountains as the tires are a summer only tire and I don't want to mess up the newly refinished wheels. 

Edited by 310Z
date correction
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, 310Z said:

I am scheduled for 2-13-20 to drive a 100 miles drop off my wheels and get a set of Michelin Pilot PS2  225-45-17 installed on my SSR GT7  7.5x17 -50 offset, then I drop off the LGT to have the windows tinted. Think I will go with a 50% tint. Walk across the street to a doctors appointment. Walk back and pick up the car, then the tires and wheels and then a 100 mile return trip home. Then I will post some photos of the results. 

The wheels and tires are not going on the car until springtime in the mountains as the tires are a summer only tire and I don't want to mess up the newly refinished wheels. 

Are you telling us about something that happened almost 4 years ago and if so how did it go? Or, are you talking about next Tuesday?

19 minutes ago, WRX USA said:

Are you telling us about something that happened almost 4 years ago and if so how did it go? Or, are you talking about next Tuesday?

OOPS next Tuesday 2024

• Like 1

Today, I tried to further investigate some drivability issues that I've been having with the car, that I suspect has to do with the knock sensor (P0328, running like garbage, feels like it's misfiring, but could actually be the knock sensor going crazy as there are no misfires reported).

Bought a lightly used OEM one (that looks wrong, as it's a two-wire. Great.), took the I/C off, and realized that A.) the harnesses for the knock sensor and TB were very strained, like someone had the intake manifold off and didn't route the harness properly, and B.) that the knock sensor is in an incredibly inconvenient spot, and will require, at minimum, a crow's foot wrench.

I buttoned it back up until I can get said wrench, but if the harness is damaged in some way, it's going to be next to impossible to examine without taking the manifold off. Fun times.

I installed Subaru's OEM hitch yesterday, wiring and all.

I've been deliberating whether to drive Bessie from NY to Houston to pickup muFreight's first delivery. However, my cruise control is missing again after my "fix" last time. It seemed to me that the plastic nub on the neutral position sensor was getting worn down so I drilled it and epoxied a small screw in there. It worked for a bit.

I was hoping to make some content with Bessie on the trip, but I'm probably just going to take the Suburban. It'll also save me the trouble of renting a Uhaul trailer.

hitch.jpeg

P.S: Peep the terrible wrap job.

• Like 3

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread