LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

On 1/19/2024 at 4:06 AM, seanyb505 said:

Closeout... End of the line for a popular new in box solution? 

Checked it out and no.. They are still available as regular stock. RA will by closeouts and overstock etc... then mark it down for sale, but usually in tandem with the full warranty stuff that comes in the OG box.

We can still get Spec B clone FCAs for cheap!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Code said:

Same! Mine has been on a  battery tender since the last week of October.  It had a fresh wash but now it’s a layer of dust.  Sounds like a perfect reason to take her for a rip then another fresh wash.  

Meet up in the middle and grab a late lunch or something. I’ll keep you posted depending on how my day goes 

On 1/22/2024 at 1:46 PM, DoctorDaveLGT said:

Got the wing on and I love it! Honestly was a little skeptical on the paint design when I just saw the painted wing by itself but once it was on all that went away. Hard to get decent shots of it because the car is tucked in a corner. And before anyone mentions anything - the paint matches, the car is just really dusty.2.thumb.jpg.df457b987226f7b32b59fbd22642a816.jpg1.jpg.45b50f8c69d86498c6d8bd4db1970bb1.jpg3.jpg.c1203d85903877e09dad05ef426a2444.jpg

Freak. Your wagon looks really really good. Man, I love these rims on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoozeRS05 said:

Meet up in the middle and grab a late lunch or something. I’ll keep you posted depending on how my day goes 

Clems? That’s a fun drive for me.  

• Like 1
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

ETS front mount kit on the way 🤩, Going to get it all installed and tuned. Will be selling my Grimmspeed TMIC after.

Anyone have the ETS kit or FMIC? How do you like it? , Not looking for a speed demon build since the car sits, but wanted something different. This will be the last power mod, 6-speed is next.

been trading messages with @Boom Box who created an account on monday. no posts.

I feel like I'm talking to a newbie from right after I got my car from the first build. "I need 400hp, what $1800 shortblock should I buy?"

fjuan's car is still sitting in my shop with a giant pile of parts. Along with a obxt. I've kept them this long, the "new heart" thread is pushing at me to get them running rather than scrapping them.

I love my gr86. But I miss the longer wheelbase and comfortable ride of the lgt.

tell me I'm stupid to drop 5-10k into another lgt...

• Like 4

I've seen you guys talk about getting 350 wheel. There's even a thread on what u need for what power goal. It's like you can't make 350 hp and put sticky tires on it with well build suspension parts (white line, cusco ECT) and have fun both on the freeway and the back roads. I'd rather drag an FBO E vq on my way home from work and still have fun in the back roads on the weekends. These are subies they can literally be a jack of all trades

Edited by Boom Box

Ehhh well there always the Evo 400hp track cars all day 

P.S. a 1800 dollar short block was mentioned I asked where cause my research puts it at 2.5k+. I've had my lgt for 3-4 years now and until now I've only used forum for info not posting. Most is already here so I don't post 

Edited by Boom Box

1 hour ago, boxkita said:

been trading messages with @Boom Box who created an account on monday. no posts.

I feel like I'm talking to a newbie from right after I got my car from the first build. "I need 400hp, what $1800 shortblock should I buy?"

fjuan's car is still sitting in my shop with a giant pile of parts. Along with a obxt. I've kept them this long, the "new heart" thread is pushing at me to get them running rather than scrapping them.

I love my gr86. But I miss the longer wheelbase and comfortable ride of the lgt.

See the ‘why do you keep you old junk GT/XT…’ thread.

You’re not gonna get much for that 5-10K these days…

And since you already have a car for the fast roads, you don’t need to go all out on this one.

Stock + a little extra should be good for a comfier long wheelbase car for longer trips? (Better when you need to sleep in it as well…🙄)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, boxkita said:

Well if you already have 2 cars ready to be turned into something; pile of parts; lots of experience; and thinking about something more comfortable than GR86, then the answer is right there. As KZJonny said, 5-10K don't buy much of a car these days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I have to say that I do miss the ride quality in my older son's 05 OB... Don't get me wrong I love the handling on my 05 LGT with STI Pinks & Bilsteins, but it is a much busier ride compared how smooth the 05 OB was on stock suspension (and beefier tires of course). With Tribeca FSB and Perrin RSB it was taking corners just as well as LGT, at least it felt that way.

So there.

Do like me: I have a lowered OBXT on STI pinks and Bilsteins for them corners 😜, and then for longer trips I have the slightly raised 05 OBXT on a BTS kit with a JMP VF52, GS intercooler, thicker RSB, whiteline camber/toe rear kit, bla bla bla... Not too bad.

• Like 2

Hmmmm. That has me thinking... There is a Tribeca in the scrapyard by my place, and I think that sway bars are a pretty cheap item at the you-pick yard.

Tho I suppose that would mean having to find a thicker rear bar to keep from inducing a whole lot more understeer.... and it's just for the always-broken OBW.... decisions.

20 minutes ago, KZJonny said:

Hmmmm. That has me thinking... There is a Tribeca in the scrapyard by my place, and I think that sway bars are a pretty cheap item at the you-pick yard.

Tho I suppose that would mean having to find a thicker rear bar to keep from inducing a whole lot more understeer.... and it's just for the always-broken OBW.... decisions.

Rear Tribeca bars won't fit and they are small in diameter. Thr front is supposed to fit.

Not much change for my wagon in the past year, it just sits a lot.  Last fall the  OEM radiator finally gave up and I replaced it with a Koyo.  Last week, I finally got the snow tires on for the season and drove 800 miles round trip through MD, WV, PA to OH.  It was a great drive, the car didn’t skip a beat.  My electric cut out and 30 degree temps made for an entertaining drive.  

LGT.jpg

• Like 4

18 hours ago, boxkita said:

What's it going to take to get you and mike to finally commit lol

I'm envisioning putting you both in some remote cabin for a couple weeks, several bottles of lagavulin along with your entire legacys featured in jdm magazines stash 😆

On mine - we had an unusually warm and humid/rainy January day yesterday. My driver's ac vents have switched to blowing hot all the time, from always blowing cold a few months ago. The heat was almost unbearable without opening the windows. Looks like tearing the dash up to replace all those servos is jumping to front of the wishlist line. Anyone have a quick thread to reference for what's still available? I recall some 05 stuff is NLA? 

Edited by seanyb505

10 minutes ago, seanyb505 said:

On mine - we had an unusually warm and humid/rainy January day yesterday. My driver's ac vents have switched to blowing hot all the time, from always blowing cold a few months ago. The heat was almost unbearable without opening the windows. Looks like tearing the dash up to replace all those servos is jumping to front of the wishlist line. Anyone have a quick thread to reference for what's still available? I recall some 05 stuff is NLA? 

Somewhere in here:

I didn't take the time to find the page for you. Long story is that the supercession number mainly seem to work just fine for most/all of the actuators etc...

I also totally forget where is it listed, but somewhere someone found a still active part number for essentially the whole HVAC box as a unit. It's a larger purchase, but includes all the actuators + heater core + wellll, everything.

Easily a lot less money than buying just the actuators, nevermind the rest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks - it was super easy to search, just thinking out loud in probably the most active thread on the site. 

This is the one I think that has post covid availability and cross referencing discussion, along with the hvac whole unit. And because I'm dumb, I had posted a few times in that thread lol

Edited by seanyb505
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Lol! 

"Subbed for when I need it..." 

Hey guys what's that one thread where someone talked about a thing that might have been tangentially related to something I might need to do?? 

Edited by seanyb505
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, seanyb505 said:

My driver's ac vents have switched to blowing hot all the time, from always blowing cold a few months ago. The heat was almost unbearable without opening the windows. Looks like tearing the dash up to replace all those servos is jumping to front of the wishlist line. Anyone have a quick thread to reference for what's still available? I recall some 05 stuff is NLA? 

The driver side actuator in LGT also lost its mind. Interesting project for sure, taking into account that the dash is getting all weird after car sits in the garage - some whitish residue that goes away when car sits in the sun for some time.

All of that to say that if I take that dash out to deal with HVAC actuators, I may have to put a new dash in.

Wednesday I hoped in the LGT to deliver some late arrival Christmas stuff to my son and one of his room mates at college. About 400 mile round trip. It was lightly raining when I left that turned to snow on the roads in about 20 miles at higher elevations although the temps were warmer 36-42 but the roads were frozen. Slightly lower elevations the roads were wet with temps at 32-36. On the way home the roads no longer had ice on them. Thursday the sun was out and had 45 degrees so I washed the car an put a cover on it.

As for the suspension talk above I can say having the ultra cool low hard suspension is great on a track or possibly somewhere were the public roads are great and I do not know were that is. But for a road driven car compliant suspension with larger sway bars makes for a great handling road car that does not brake your wheels and kidneys. My struts and springs are stock but I added Whiteline 22mm front sway bar and 20 mm rear. The car rides like stock (comfortable) but corners dramatically better. It no longer dips and sway with turn in and when finishing a corner. It holds a line with little body roll. Just my $0.02

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 310Z said:

As for the suspension talk above I can say having the ultra cool low hard suspension is great on a track or possibly somewhere were the public roads are great and I do not know were that is. But for a road driven car compliant suspension with larger sway bars makes for a great handling road car that does not brake your wheels and kidneys. My struts and springs are stock but I added Whiteline 22mm front sway bar and 20 mm rear. The car rides like stock (comfortable) but corners dramatically better. It no longer dips and sway with turn in and when finishing a corner. It holds a line with little body roll. Just my $0.02

Agreed. I’ve been politely chirped about not going lower with mine as well. I can’t debate that it would *look* better, but given the roads around where I live….

I did swap over to Spec B springs and Bilsteins, but that’s maybe 1/2” lower that USDM stock….

I really do want to visit some of these places where people get to enjoy driving really low cars on super stiff suspension. I bet it would be a great day of driving.

• Like 2

Making room for the side bars on the roll cage that’s going in. Kinda cool that these are a two piece panel from the factory. Made it pretty easy and clean. Seat is in!

663A3CE8-89F9-4B13-8A36-3408506660F6.jpeg

22255610-3A63-4EB9-AEF8-7C0542514846.jpeg

77BE8008-4C80-4E1A-A6A6-16E566EAD79A.jpeg

• Like 11

It was so nice today I left the cover on the LGT and broke out the Z as it reached an unseasonable 59 degrees in January allowing the R compound tires to be warm enough to have some grip. As I returned home and came screaming up the driveway my wife came out and said take me for a joy ride (very un-like my wife) she hates my Z and having to wear harness. So I said OK, and for the first time she buckled up the harness straps by herself. We rolled down the windows and drove. Then we took the cover off the pool and went for a swim then laid in the sun to dry off and gain some needed Vit D.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4