LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

42 minutes ago, tehspud said:

Dang, I'll miss hanging out with you at WagonFest after you leave the PNW. 

You can't say things like this —it's saddening. I'll probably still be here for this year's, but I'll have to make the trek up from California for next's. 

• Like 1

MILKRUN  - Click Here

11 hours ago, Febreze Mee said:

Mid-summer Meetup thread posted:

I wish I was out there to join in the OBXT.

I am little confused though. How is planning months ahead “spontaneous”? 

• Like 1

It didn't seem any less spontaneous than if we decided to do it the weekend prior. It was just a matter of finding a window of time for me. It's more spontaneous for them than it is myself, since it costs them absolutely nothing to just drop whatever they're doing, and take four days to do something most people take time to commit to. But the idea is a week old, and the trip is already mostly planned out. Now, it's just a matter of getting the time away from work for me.

• Like 1

MILKRUN  - Click Here

10 hours ago, WRX USA said:

I wish I was out there to join in the OBXT.

I am little confused though. How is planning months ahead “spontaneous”? 

WRX USA, I see you now have a Model S Plaid :eek:, the OBXT must feel sloow compared to it. Do you ever drive the Subie now?

4 hours ago, xt2005bonbon said:

WRX USA, I see you now have a Model S Plaid :eek:, the OBXT must feel sloow compared to it. Do you ever drive the Subie now?

I haven’t really driven the OBXT in a couple years. It’s been so long that I need to get it re-registered which requires driving it around aimlessly to get all of the sensors back to readiness. It lives in my garage.

The Plaid makes everything feel slow, and also as I’m getting older, the OBXT seems crazy loud. I also have a tuned supercharged 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro which I regularly drive.

From time to time I consider selling the OBXT.

i still daily drive mine.  only car i've got.  but about to pay more than it's worth for 100k miles worth of maintenance.

sheesh, haven't been online in 2 years.

(BTW, this is Flinkly, but working on getting my account back)

Edited by Test
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, xt2005bonbon said:

Flinkly! You're alive ?!?

So is the 08 OBXT! 

A coworker's volvo just slipped it's timing belt and destroyed the engine, and only have the OBXT to take care of me and the kids, so incentivized to get some maintenance done for once.

• Like 2

Just a little thing, but they count. Replaced the crapped out rusty screws/plastic retainers that hold the splitter onto the hood with stainless nutserts and button head bolts. I think it looks better.

Before:

DCB2E52A-2597-4FD4-B085-DF58BFE4FFC5.thumb.jpeg.348f1b17e9a50edfc2882ce986a41559.jpeg

After:

B7F1B2CF-7106-4B77-B625-1CE3AB6D67CF.thumb.jpeg.60d70f2ae42a11a8e8f448fd4181b77c.jpeg

Installed:

CFCDD95D-D353-4816-A5CE-C2B8B4BF35CB.thumb.jpeg.2ccc8d379597cfb63e69991d7ff220bb.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KZJonny said:

Just a little thing, but they count. Replaced the crapped out rusty screws/plastic retainers that hold the splitter onto the hood with stainless nutserts and button head bolts. I think it looks better.

Looks great, do you have a link or example?

Yeah, for sure.

After some debate, I picked up this Astro Pneumatic Rivnut setter:

https://www.amazon.ca/Astro-Pneumatic-Tool-1442-Riveter/dp/B003TODXQW/ref=sr_1_3?hvadid=267165714691&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9000774&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=14269108278504832033&hvtargid=kwd-326073603806&hydadcr=27385_10624517&keywords=astro+pneumatic+rivet+nut&qid=1683260812&sr=8-3

Middle of the pack, but not Alibaba level cheapness, and it has worked well so far. Already replaced plenty of rusted out weldnuts and facytory rivnuts with it. It's holding up well, and the mandrels seem to put up with a bit of use easily enough. I'm good with the quality for the money spent.

The rivnuts themselves I've been using are, however just whatever I found on Amazon...

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07GF6SJNF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

All my local suppliers just have mild steel versions of the same thing, so I opted for the SS ones I could get. They may not be 300 series stainless, but should hold up a fair while longer anyway.... I'm not using them in high torque demand settings, I just don't want them to rust out.

Bolts and washers I am mainly getting from my local Fastenal. SS Button head M5 and M6 fasteners in a variety of lenghts. I'll take a few more photos of places where I've used them if anyone is interested.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Finished hooking up engine wires..... Except for this crimp on connector that was connected to a hood pin switch on the other end. I'm 90% sure this is for a remote starter, but why would there be a crimp connector in the engine bay.  It's my understanding that the hood switch should run directly to brain and ground (disable) starter when hood is open. I didn't see any cut wires in engine bay.

PXL_20230505_132627367.jpg

Yes.  Anyone know where an aftermarket remote starter hood pin switch would attach on the engine bay harness?  The install manual from a diff manufacturer (couldn't find my exact model, but brain wiring looks identical) just says hood pin runs directly to brain.   I'm wondering if one of the previous owners installed it wrong. 😛

Edited by pksystems

Refit the GS splitter. I see now what you guys were talking about with the washer tubes. Luckily the holes in the splitter are generously oversized so I was able to loosen it and shift it upwards. The tubes/little white fittings are no longer hitting the back of the splitter. Also that edge I was worried about is now resting on the foam strip of the hood scoop - rattle appears to be gone. We'll see if the uncommon high knock stays away. Thank you for the links KZJonny!

• Like 3

Camel on track today. Another wet one. Squeezed in a damp session on the slicks. What a ride. Power stop track pad. Good bite, great pedal feel, no fade but it was raining. Doubt I’ll get more then 3 days from a set though. They wear fast very dusty. 

IMG_4530.jpeg

IMG_4531.jpeg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, boxkita said:

sold my rbp wagon today. shipper coming this week. 

scrapping a sedan this week.

still have fjuan's sedan. pay the shipping cost and it's free.

still have the outback baja project. it's filled with stuff everything you need.

as soon as rbp is picked up, i'll get pics /ads up 

The one I sold you? 😂 never did transfer that title. 

• Haha 1