LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

After seeing what MDMA was able to get in UK from Japan I am thinking about starting a GoFundMe campaign to sue the feds to have that stupid 25 years limit on importing cars lifted. It's frustrating what others can get for not that much money.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

After seeing what MDMA was able to get in UK from Japan I am thinking about starting a GoFundMe campaign to sue the feds to have that stupid 25 years limit on importing cars lifted. It's frustrating what others can get for not that much money.

I'm four deep into 25 year old JDM cars. I cant imagine how many more I'd have if I could get even the 15 year old stuff.

It's nice to dream. I did tell my fiance this evening that I want a big garage for the following:

1) Lexus SC400 - Currently own

2) Current trunk-having LGT.

3) The long and trunkless variety of LGT.

4) Viper

5) Who knows. Lexus LFA if I win lottery. Lawn mower if I don't?

So it's the first on my list that I don't own. Hope he posts pics, might just have me doing crazy things.

It's nice to dream. I did tell my fiance this evening that I want a big garage for the following:

1) Lexus SC400 - Currently own

2) Current trunk-having LGT.

3) The long and trunkless variety of LGT.

4) Viper

5) Who knows. Lexus LFA if I win lottery. Lawn mower if I don't?

So it's the first on my list that I don't own. Hope he posts pics, might just have me doing crazy things.

i wouldn't bother waiting. contact directly and get cellphone pics. or an address. tell him you'll bring a truck & trailer. i'm sure cheap isn't going to be a problem giving repair bills

Been a while since I've been on here. I picked up an 2010 NA 5spd Foz in January and have been modding it a bunch. 2" lift big wheels and tires, full android auto system with underseat subwoofer. Baja Designs fogs in oem spots, found a set of rare oem hid headlights and picked them up cheap. It made such a difference, I love driving the thing!

Regular fuel is where it's at these days, as much as I want to drive the spec b, my last fill up on it a week ago was $1.65 a liter, cost me just under $80 to fill it!! With a 30 minute drive to work, the forester is just so much more economical to drive right now.

I also just took the photos to put the 05 GT up for sale, gonna miss it, but having 2 turbo cars that run premium isn't happening anymore for me.

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

Nothing I really did today but I did get a wheel alignment yesterday after replacing the inner and outer right side tie-rod ends and it seems my shake at idle is almost completely gone. Not sure why that would happen since I think I've narrowed the shake down to motor mounts. Maybe the rack was loose and they tightened it up???

In more important news, RockAuto is now carrying KYB Strut-Plus (front and rear). This is KYB's version of a quick strut type deal, fully assembled and ready to go. They are the most expensive quick strut option at about $600CAD +shipping for all four corners, but I still think that's pretty good.

I'm four deep into 25 year old JDM cars. I cant imagine how many more I'd have if I could get even the 15 year old stuff.

And it would be a lot less expensive to buy as well, because there would be so much more stock to choose from. I am sure there will be good examples of JDM LGT wagons in 2031 too, but a) there will be fewer of them, and b) prices will be much higher.

The way I see it the law discriminates against interest of law abiding US citizens.

Any lawyers here willing to look into the case?

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I've never understood the rule you have over there. It would be classed as competition law over here. It is an anti-competitive activity that is basically running a cartel. The system is being fixed and controlled in such a way that you, the consumer, can only buy what they say.

So much for the world's number one free market!

I went with Cobb's because they are close (TX), could guarantee overnight and included the OEM sock. Should come tomorrow and I'll perform some surgery in the hotel parking lot.

Fuel pump replaced.

45 min in the hotel parking lot with the basic tools I brought.

New pump is most definitely quieter than the old AEM 320.

:iloveyou: to the Subaru engineer that decided that we should be able to access the fuel pump with a screwdriver and 8mm wrench/socket and not have to drop the tank like many others.

Many thanks to Cobb for the overnight pump in ~24hrs from calling them.

Praying that is the last major issue on this trip.

The way I see it the law discriminates against interest of law abiding US citizens.

+1.

I've never understood the rule you have over there. It would be classed as competition law over here. It is an anti-competitive activity that is basically running a cartel. The system is being fixed and controlled in such a way that you, the consumer, can only buy what they say.

So much for the world's number one free market!

I have to say 'Amen' to this.

LCA, axle replaced. Shop couldn't get the O2 sensor off and advised me to start looking for a new manifold.

Their next step is to weld a socket onto the O2 sensor but that might wreck the threads and have to re-tap..

What do y'all think? (Besides looking at buying a JDM wag)

LCA, axle replaced. Shop couldn't get the O2 sensor off and advised me to start looking for a new manifold.

Their next step is to weld a socket onto the O2 sensor but that might wreck the threads and have to re-tap..

Bah humbug on the sensor! I live in rust belt and was able to get mine out.

That being said, I recently installed a new STI exhaust manifold. Bolts up perfect. BUT! The RH (passenger side) manifold is ever so slightly different where O2 sensor mounts. STI must have different O2 sensor because the LGT one would not fit. The little heat shield on the O2 sensor itself ran into the heat shield for the manifold. Maybe if I used the STI manifold heat shields instead of the LGT one it would have worked?

In the end I ended up only using the LH (driver side) manifold and cross-over pipe from the STI. I went back to LGT manifold on passenger side. Should have probably gone back to LGT manifold on driver's side just so I didn't "wear out" my STI one so I still had nice new STI set.

Fuel pump replaced.

45 min in the hotel parking lot with the basic tools I brought.

New pump is most definitely quieter than the old AEM 320.

:iloveyou: to the Subaru engineer that decided that we should be able to access the fuel pump with a screwdriver and 8mm wrench/socket and not have to drop the tank like many others.

Many thanks to Cobb for the overnight pump in ~24hrs from calling them.

Praying that is the last major issue on this trip.

you can always tell when the designing engineer has been stranded by that component.

difference between shop and diy. I soaked mine in pb blaster every couple hours for a couple of days, then used a lot of muscle, er, beer on a breaker bar.

Talked to TurboXS about their FMIC kit. Basically said the core is what costs them. 3.5" core should support over 700hp.

Realized they are located only 30 minutes from me... Got some coupons and placed the order!

ETS wanted $1600 for a similar kit (Yes I realize the ETS is top tier) with no "bumper reinforcement" Something is better than nothing, got it shipped for $896.

Talked to TurboXS about their FMIC kit. Basically said the core is what costs them. 3.5" core should support over 700hp.

Realized they are located only 30 minutes from me... Got some coupons and placed the order!

ETS wanted $1600 for a similar kit (Yes I realize the ETS is top tier) with no "bumper reinforcement" Something is better than nothing, got it shipped for $896.

700hp? so yer going for a grimlin build?

Picked up my aluminum suspension bits from the shop to press out all bushings and press in replacements. New mevotech arms, jdm rear arms and links. Only mevotech rear and trailing arm front had new bushings pressed in.

It looks like they went the hacksaw route, which I said if you can't get it cleanly pressed out, don't do it and I'll hack it at home. At least that way I don't pay for someone to hack up my pieces.

I'm a little frustrated they did it anyway and then charged book prices for it. I've seen enough infamous posts to know how hard shop life is, but this doesn't feel great. I can't imagine the book is like, "microwave that mofo and use a circular or jig saw or butter knife or whatever to remove the remaining steel case. Then charge the customer like you need to completely pay for the harbor freight press you couldn't get to work, twice." Book said 4.4hrs totaling $472. I reaallllly regret not just buying the sunroad kit discussed here a few weeks ago for $110.

Some of the cuts need a little deburring so it doesn't destroy the poly replacements. Other than that, any concern for the longevity of the bushings with these new grease hiding spots?

1.thumb.jpg.356515fb95b90b428d493358b3cc62ef.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.3850fdde0d802aeaa004c822f3c0baaf.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.74c47ebd3f8c93985ee4eefaf73d36c9.jpg

By the looks of those cuts, they are squared off, meaning that they are now predisposed to crack in those areas. I don't know what the load conditions of those parts are, but I (in my not expert opinion) would not trust those, and go after the shop for damaging your parts

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

I feel your frustration one hundred percent. I just walked away from getting some things powdercoated and was not happy with the way they handled my property after clear and concise, deliberately delivered instructions were given.

Sorry for your poor experience.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I reaallllly regret not just buying the sunroad kit discussed here a few weeks ago for $110.

Sorry to hear, I'd be a bit pissed too. I recently took mine to garage too for pressing. Would have been not the happiest if I found out they took the hack route I could have as easily done.

What is this sunroad kit? I searched "sunroad" and just got your post and some other thread about body shops. Is this a press kit that works well for our LCA bushings?

Sorry to hear, I'd be a bit pissed too. I recently took mine to garage too for pressing. Would have been not the happiest if I found out they took the hack route I could have as easily done.

What is this sunroad kit? I searched "sunroad" and just got your post and some other thread about body shops. Is this a press kit that works well for our LCA bushings?

Credit to B-BGTLimited for originally posting it

Credit to Infosecdad for finding it on Amazon

It says unavailable today, but it was like $110 back when it was being discussed.