LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I setup the cross bars on the wife's wagon and tried to find aero bar u-bolts to get the ski box mounted. Apparently nobody has this most basic install kit in stock.

Also diagnosed a cold idle vacuum leak on my wagon. Learning A gets up to +18% if you go through a few cold starts with no hot idle time and hot idle then is running really rich, like in the 13s. Learning A comes back down after some hot idle time but it needs more time than what I typically get in a day.

I setup the cross bars on the wife's wagon and tried to find aero bar u-bolts to get the ski box mounted. Apparently nobody has this most basic install kit in stock.

Also diagnosed a cold idle vacuum leak on my wagon. Learning A gets up to +18% if you go through a few cold starts with no hot idle time and hot idle then is running really rich, like in the 13s. Learning A comes back down after some hot idle time but it needs more time than what I typically get in a day.

Most things have moved to this style of clamp to get rid of using this like u bolts.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZtCpSm6PKDgqAHFR-HaAWyUNYGd-yNKN7Lg&usqp=CAU

If it's a thule rack they keep a diagram and orderable small parts for most racks. I think Yakima does the same but haven't used their stuff in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slappy when started on a cold morning, goes away within 5 minutes and sounds just like stock. Comparable or a bit quieter than the sound of a friend's IAG Stage 2 Tuff block on cold start. Did the CP pistons have offset wrist pins?
No I don't believe the CP's have offset pins.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Well on Monday I decided I have these mevotech control arms, so I should put them in. Well same story as always. Pinch bolt seized, snapped, drilled out. Get to the point of getting the ball joint out. It's real stuck. Read a bunch of threads. No local available bull pins. Finally buy a subaru ball joint puller and got it today. Hopefully it goes smoothly tomorrow.

Well, I did a thing. Have an off-road rallyx outback sitting in the shop now. Is there a subaru anonymous? because i got a problem.

3 wagons, 4 sedans. Where's my damn gift, Subaru?

I think you also have to be nice to people and sugarcoat things to be an ambassador

Well on Monday I decided I have these mevotech control arms, so I should put them in. Well same story as always. Pinch bolt seized, snapped, drilled out. Get to the point of getting the ball joint out. It's real stuck. Read a bunch of threads. No local available bull pins. Finally buy a subaru ball joint puller and got it today. Hopefully it goes smoothly tomorrow.

a really big pry bar and a positive attitude did wonders for mine. Anti-sieze on the bolt when i put it back. All 3 times. It's so full of Hicksta opportunities

a really big pry bar and a positive attitude did wonders for mine. Anti-sieze on the bolt when i put it back. All 3 times. It's so full of Hicksta opportunities

Yea with a really long pry bar I could have maybe wedged it in there and jumped on it lol. Well it's had lots of heat and pb blaster and it's above freezing tomorrow so imma see how I do!

Well, I did a thing. Have an off-road rallyx outback sitting in the shop now. Is there a subaru anonymous? because i got a problem.

3 wagons, 4 sedans. Where's my damn gift, Subaru?

I believe the old saying applies here:

Virtue is its own reward.

You have a fleet of Subarus. How much better can life get?

If you have access to an air chisel, that’s the way to go. Removing rusted ball joints is a Subaru rite of passage. Good luck!

I usually undo the front and rear LCA attachment points and let it hang and there’s enough room to get a straight shot. You can also rotate the whole arm outboard at that point and get even more room to work.

I’ve also just pulled the whole knuckle and LCA before, which is great if you’re doing bearings or axles during the same job.

Just saying, I learned years ago its just cheaper to buy a new knuckle then waste all that time on labor.

https://www.google.com/search?q=2005+subaru+legacy+steering+knuckle&rlz=1C1OKWM_enUS906US906&sxsrf=ALeKk00ZQFSmUNmH-LAhwe6suS2SVjXOJg:1608475588046&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjij7jA5tztAhXDpFkKHeWxA1IQ_AUoAXoECAkQAw&biw=1280&bih=881

BTW, how old is the Hub/bearing ? yeah, this can turn into a money pit...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I think the hub bearing on this side is like 50k. When I started drilling the pinch bolt I actually thought of just pulling the knuckle but then I would have had to deal with all the other rusty bolts too.

Also I don't think it's been above 35 outside. Makes it hard to work. I'm in my apartment parking lot so no air chisels but I hear the Subaru ball joint puller makes it pretty easy.

If anywhere local had a knuckle, I probably would have done that.

I think the hub bearing on this side is like 50k. When I started drilling the pinch bolt I actually thought of just pulling the knuckle but then I would have had to deal with all the other rusty bolts too.

Also I don't think it's been above 35 outside. Makes it hard to work. I'm in my apartment parking lot so no air chisels but I hear the Subaru ball joint puller makes it pretty easy.

If anywhere local had a knuckle, I probably would have done that.

I can ship you the ball joint puller if it would help. Just let me know.