LegacyGT.com

What do you eat for a living?

whitexc

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's probably one thing I have yet to have really good of...BBQ. Doesn't really exist around here.

Same thing up here, no really good BBQ places, just a few so-so ones.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Same thing up here, no really good BBQ places, just a few so-so ones.

Considering you probably wouldnt even know good bbq if you had it, I consider your opinion invalid.

Please only comment on things you are knowledgeable of... things like loneliness, asshattery, and bad food.

• I Donated
Yeah. tough find in the northeast. There are two or three noteworthy places in all of CT. None of which are great.

Mission BBQ any good?

It's okay. It's the Chipotle of BBQ. Don't get me wrong, I love a good Chipotle burrito, but the local non chain Mexican place is more "authentic" and "gourmet," whatever those words actually mean.

Yasssssss

I chaperoned a school trip out in your neck of the woods. Brought back BBQ from Sawmill BBQ in East St. Louis (Google Maps says "Located in: Cahokia RV Parque" :lol:) to the hotel. Best BBQ I have had so far.

Second best was Shotgun Pete's BBQ Shack, in Columbia, MO on a cross-country drive. Unfortunately it has since closed.

:lol: Man, you are a ballsy man. East STL has strip clubs, shootings, and car jackings. I don't go there, ever. It's a den of villany, and outlaws.

Cahokia is a little further out, and is a nice day trip for the Cahokian Native American museum. For whatever reason these guys built some big hills, and that's what makes southern Illinois special. :iam:

In the past ten years the BBQ scene in St. Louis (MO side) has exploded, tons of great options. Sugarfire, Pappy's, Salt and Smoke, etc.

Still Memphis has the best BBQ I've ever experienced. Specifically Corky's, and Charlie Vergas' Rendezvous. Dry rub amazingness.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Memphis bbq is the best I've had. I still buy my bbq sauce online from central. I get my dry rub from central or rendezvous. Memphis food scene is awesome.It ruined me for all other que!

Rendezvous is freaking delicious. Memphis is the shit.

Brought to you by Pfizer

• I Donated
[emoji38] Man, you are a ballsy man. East STL has strip clubs, shootings, and car jackings. I don't go there, ever. It's a den of villany, and outlaws.

I did feel a little conspicuous in the almost-new van with the priave school logo on the side. [emoji38] (The kids flew in for the trip, but I drove some stuff that couldn't go on the plane.)

I did feel a little conspicuous in the almost-new van with the priave school logo on the side. [emoji38] (The kids flew in for the trip, but I drove some stuff that couldn't go on the plane.)

Jesus I'm shocked it still had wheels when you left.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Considering you probably wouldnt even know good bbq if you had it, I consider your opinion invalid.

Please only comment on things you are knowledgeable of... things like loneliness, asshattery, and bad food.

We have a Jimmy Macs and Dicky's BBQ Pit, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that both are basically, well, crap. And your opinion on BBQ is just as invalid as mine (by your own admission). The best I've had around where I work is Warthog BBQ, it was ok, better than the two mentioned above. What we do have here is really damn good seafood.

• I Donated
We have a Jimmy Macs and Dicky's BBQ Pit, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that both are basically, well, crap. And your opinion on BBQ is just as invalid as mine (by your own admission). The best I've had around where I work is Warthog BBQ, it was ok, better than the two mentioned above. What we do have here is really damn good seafood.
Salmon, maybe. But you don't have crabcakes the way we have crabcakes.

Salmon, maybe. But you don't have crabcakes the way we have crabcakes.

You don't know WA then, we are perhaps known more for our Oysters, rockfish, shellfish and yes, crab too then Salmon. Although we are known plenty for that too. BTW Eta's in Seattle serves some of the best Crab Cakes in the country, they are on many top 10 list for seafood including crab cakes.

Who are you to judge me?

Post reported scumbag.

I would suggest contacting LegGTLT to get your account reinstated.

Not LeGTLT! I heard he perma-bans everybody! Now I'll have to buy him off with delicious crab cakes.

i don't like their hot dogs!

But you like everyone else's hot dogs? You dirty SOB...

#passthewetwipes

That's me the morning AFTER wings... ouch. :eek:

You don't know WA then, we are perhaps known more for our Oysters, rockfish, shellfish and yes, crab too then Salmon. Although we are known plenty for that too. BTW Eta's in Seattle serves some of the best Crab Cakes in the country, they are on many top 10 list for seafood including crab cakes.

Who are you to judge me?

Post reported scumbag.

I would suggest contacting LegGTLT to get your account reinstated.

Not LeGTLT! I heard he perma-bans everybody! Now I'll have to buy him off with delicious crab cakes.

HOLY JESUS MOTHER MARY OF JOSEPH!!!! :mad: Did you just SCREW up my all time favorite seafood restaurant while FAILING MISERABLY to stand up for Seattle food??!?!?!?!

ETTA'S

PERMABAN

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• I Donated
Sorry, but when you go to a seafood restaurant, you're never going to see Seattle-style crab cakes. There's a reason why you see Maryland-style crab cakes in many restaurants nationwide.

Side note: I always laugh when I walk into a big chain restaurant around here and see Maryland-style crabcakes on the menu. You want a good crab cake, you don't go to a chain. You go to a local place. Pappas', about half an hour away from me, has an attached fish market and the best crab cakes I have ever had. They're usually not my go-to when I eat seafood, but they were amazing. I don't even know how they hold together with so little filler.

Plus, y'all don't have Old Bay, so I know you don't take your crabs seriously.

I'm sure you have oysters and shrimp. That's all well and good. But so do we. Maryland actually gives tax credits for oyster floats on the Chesapeake.

The lobsters, on the other hand, I will leave to New England. I know when another region outclasses us in particular types of seafood. I visited Maine as a kid, and the McDonald's there have McLobster Rolls.

Edited by thefultonhow

Sorry, but when you go to a seafood restaurant, you're never going to see Seattle-style crab cakes. There's a reason why you see Maryland-style crab cakes in many restaurants nationwide.

Side note: I always laugh when I walk into a big chain restaurant around here and see Maryland-style crabcakes on the menu. You want a good crab cake, you don't go to a chain. You go to a local place. Pappas', about half an hour away from me, has an attached fish market and the best crab cakes I have ever had. They're usually not my go-to when I eat seafood, but they were amazing. I don't even know how they hold together with so little filler.

Plus, y'all don't have Old Bay, so I know you don't take your crabs seriously.

I'm sure you have oysters and shrimp. That's all well and good. But so do we. Maryland actually gives tax credits for oyster floats on the Chesapeake.

The lobsters, on the other hand, I will leave to New England. I know when another region outclasses us in particular types of seafood. I visited Maine as a kid, and the McDonald's there have McLobster Rolls.

I love old bay. Obviously MO doesn’t have shit for seafood, but the fried Walleye and Catfish game is on point. Some of the best seafood I’ve had has been in Martha’s Vineyard, but New Orleans deserves an honorable mention as well.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Living in the northeast, I think we're spoiled with decent seafood and Italian. I will say that the best seafood I've had, has likely been on vacation in the Caribbean or HI. When you're surrounded by water, fish is abundant. !