LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

Running 245/40/r18, on some pilot sport as3+ didn't that I needed a 45 series. I only realized that after the tires were mounted on the wheels. Only small road vibrations for the most part.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

looking good, did you end up needing to trim down the studs with the 15mm adapters, or do the pockets in the back of the hub let them sit down without trimming?

I got a great deal on mine too picked just the wheels up for $175. I couldn't say no, plus these are my favorite sti/wrx wheels. I ended up going with some 15mm adapters and the wheels are pretty much flush with the fenders without having to roll them1aa8471efa2eb1abcfa5c1c101618164.jpg

Ooh I like that. i'm thinking about these for my silver GT

https://midwestwheelandtire.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/68851_WRX_WHEEL.jpg

Running 245/40/r18, on some pilot sport as3+ didn't that I needed a 45 series. I only realized that after the tires were mounted on the wheels. Only small road vibrations for the most part.

Likewise...I am running 245/40/18 Michelin Pilot Sport AS-3's on 18x8 OZ Racing Crono HT rims....cannot imagine better tires after having them on for just over 6 years and 40,000 Km's :wub:

Welp, $200 later and a 4 hour round trip and I brought em home. Crappy mock up, but I think the color is going to look great against the red, and I've always preferred 5 spokes over multi spokes and/or meshes, so I think these are gonna be great. Just need to order adapters and new TPMS sensors, and tires eventually, and I'll be all set.

IMG_20200502_125627593_49.thumb.jpg.ebb39785ece10cd4fbbfed7bc5115df0.jpg

Welp, $200 later and a 4 hour round trip and I brought em home. Crappy mock up, but I think the color is going to look great against the red, and I've always preferred 5 spokes over multi spokes and/or meshes, so I think these are gonna be great. Just need to order adapters and new TPMS sensors, and tires eventually, and I'll be all set.
This will look nice....looks sweet against the red

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

You guys are scoring crazy deals on those rims - around here, they rarely show up, and when they do, folks are pretty proud of what they are selling! (there's some BRZ rims folks are asking $600 for - some 13-14 Outback rims and they are asking $300!)

You guys are scoring crazy deals on those rims - around here, they rarely show up, and when they do, folks are pretty proud of what they are selling! (there's some BRZ rims folks are asking $600 for - some 13-14 Outback rims and they are asking $300!)

i got a bit lucky with these...they'd been on craigslist for like 3 months. started at $600, dropped for $400 a month ago, dropped to 300 last week and i lowballed him and he surprisingly accepted. lucky nobody else picked up at $400, which is still a decent deal for a set of OEM wheels, and super lucky nobody grabbed em the 2nd time they dropped.

I guess I don't understand. Those wheels are like 400$ wheels anyways. Only sti wheels seem to pull 600+ nowadays. The 18+ sti limited wheels are 850-1200 depending on your market.

Recently purchased an '11 LGT after perviously owning a '05 LGT that I put a lot of love into, but alas Philadelphia took her away.

Anywho, she's got 99k on her and the timing belt is next, and I just ordered the prothame diff insert kit and looking forward to a little quarantine fun.

Any other Philadelphia area LGT's around?35aa7cf4cf463d7ea70100bf2d180e2d.jpg8d4751d99c5723db66e379eb0c5af8f5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Recently purchased an '11 LGT after perviously owning a '05 LGT that I put a lot of love into, but alas Philadelphia took her away.

So am I correct in assuming that it was rust that took the '05 away?

Or PPD? Philly temporarily took my ride away in 87 for reckless down on Front St. But of course that was all just a big misunderstanding.

Have some updates on some purchases I've made recently. The Kansei Tandems I ordered back in March that were purportedly on back order for 4-6 weeks, apparently are ACTUALLY discontinued, and no one on the supply side of things bothered to inform anyone else. So I've been waiting 8 weeks for a set of wheels that'll never exist. So I contacted Fitment Industries, and got my order changed to some other wheels. I ended up choosing Konig Rennforms in 18x9 +38, which is only +3 offset different specs from the Kansei's I wanted, and stuck with the same 255/40 Conti DWS 06's. Fitment should end up pretty good on these. My front fitment is complicated due to the JDM tS arms, so I'm going to run the fronts with a 10mm spacer. That will put the overall poke within 2mm of where my 19x8.5 +45s ended up with 25mm spacer (the JDM tS arms lost me 10mm of offset each side, so 19x8.5 +45 on a 25mm spacer essentially worked out to a +30 offset in the front). Backs will poke out 13.4mm more than my 19 setup, which is right about exactly where I want them. I think they'll look pretty good.

3akUjGv.png

VNbjenG.png39iRBiD.png

Also, getting a tad lower due to decreasing total tire diameter, wider than before, and the new wheels are 19.74 lbs each, which is 4lbs a piece lighter than the Kansei's I wanted, and a whopping 12 lbs lighter per wheel than my 19 setup. Only thing is that spec only comes in Matte Grey, which I hate, so probably going to get them powder coated something near to the Gloss Gunmetal on the Kansei's, since I liked that finish.

Other than that, I landed two INCREDIBLE deals on two SUPER awesome items I've never seen come up before on the auctions. I landed both of these brand new, unused, and FAR, FAR below MSRP (not saying exactly what I paid in case I decide to resell them instead of run them). I snagged from the yahoo.jp auctions:

-SYMS Carbon Roof Spoiler

-SYMS Carbon Trunk Spoiler

ENRGVb1.jpg

BarxKvl.jpg

vTWGFfJ.jpg

The Roof Spoiler is one of the larger roof spoilers available for us, and I've always liked the look of it, and the Trunk Lip surrounds the emblem similar to how the Gialla trunk lip does, and also looks like it MAY sit far enough back that I could possible even still mount the Blitzen Spoiler or some other spoiler as well! Excited for them to arrive and try the possibilities.

FvvoOET.png

vlyvXuT.png

P8ePeLU.png

dVbdhWs.png

aNgslai.png

So I contacted Fitment Industries, and got my order changed to some other wheels. I ended up choosing Konig Rennforms in 18x9 +38, which is only +3 offset different specs from the Kansei's I wanted, and stuck with the same 255/40 Conti DWS 06's. Fitment should end up pretty good on these. My front fitment is complicated due to the JDM tS arms, so I'm going to run the fronts with a 10mm spacer. That will put the overall poke within 2mm of where my 19x8.5 +45s ended up with 25mm spacer (the JDM tS arms lost me 10mm of offset each side, so 19x8.5 +45 on a 25mm spacer essentially worked out to a +30 offset in the front). Backs will poke out 13.4mm more than my 19 setup, which is right about exactly where I want them. I think they'll look pretty good.

So you going to be 28mm offset with 18x9" rim? I ran 18x 8.5 30mm offset with 245/45-18 on 1" lowering springs. Even with my rolled and pulled fenders it hit with any decent size bump. You tires are going to be sticking out another (8mm) 1/4"+ though they will be about 3/8" fender clearance. I could be wrong but I think you going to ruin your fenders. My fenders are already pull to the point they are obviously warped and it is the one thing that bothers me about my car. Personally I would skip the ts arms and spacers.

So you going to be 28mm offset with 18x9" rim? I ran 18x 8.5 30mm offset with 245/45-18 on 1" lowering springs. Even with my rolled and pulled fenders it hit with any decent size bump. You tires are going to be sticking out another (8mm) 1/4"+ though they will be about 3/8" fender clearance. I could be wrong but I think you going to ruin your fenders. My fenders are already pull to the point they are obviously warped and it is the one thing that bothers me about my car. Personally I would skip the ts arms and spacers.

Read again. Because of the tS arms, my fronts are automatically +10 more than where they were stock, so running a 10mm spacer on the fronts will even me back out to +38. The rears will be +38 without a spacer, the fronts will be +38+10-10 from the tS arms and 10mm spacer, so back to +38 essentially. It will be square. Like I've said, I needlessly complicated my front fitment with those damn arms lmao.

Also all of my fenders are already rolled hella flat and pulled pretty well too, so even if it's close, I'll be fine. Also 255/40 on an 18x9 will be a smaller overall diameter than 245/45 on 18x8.5, so I'll have more room than you had.

YefO3s6.png

Edit: This is my car on 19x8.5 +45 245/40/19, with a 25mm spacer on the fronts. Because of the tS arms, it cancels out 10mm of that spacer, so it's like running +45 with a 15mm spacer on a stock car, landed me right at +30. Event still had room to breath on my H&R springs because of the roll/pull.

POVngMQ.jpg

t9nFppf.jpg

VWKB8bK.jpg

Edited by Humble Rumble

Read again. Because of the tS arms, my fronts are automatically +10 more than where they were stock, so running a 10mm spacer on the fronts will even me back out to +38.

It wasn't clear in your prior post, that the tS arms affect the offset. You should be good to go.

It wasn't clear in your prior post, that the tS arms affect the offset. You should be good to go.

I ended up choosing Konig Rennforms in 18x9 +38, which is only +3 offset different specs from the Kansei's I wanted, and stuck with the same 255/40 Conti DWS 06's. Fitment should end up pretty good on these. My front fitment is complicated due to the JDM tS arms, so I'm going to run the fronts with a 10mm spacer. That will put the overall poke within 2mm of where my 19x8.5 +45s ended up with 25mm spacer (the JDM tS arms lost me 10mm of offset each side, so 19x8.5 +45 on a 25mm spacer essentially worked out to a +30 offset in the front). Backs will poke out 13.4mm more than my 19 setup, which is right about exactly where I want them. I think they'll look pretty good.

It's all good though, I'm way too wordy and post a ton of pictures, stuff gets lost time to time. Honestly a character flaw lol. I over-describe.

hey humble, who do you use as your proxy for japan auctions? i've thought about dabbling in them but don't know a reputable proxy...

I use exclusively MyJapanBrand.com. They've been excellent for me and I've bought through them dozens of times. Makes everything nice and easy. You can also use them to purchase from other sites besides the auctions.

Lol not quite. I had just moved up from the Appalachia of NC and two weeks later some guy wrecked my parked LGT with a U-Hual on S Broad trying to park in front of it. I was torn, if just replaced the clutch and turbo, catless up pipe, and had the engine flushed.

She was sitting on H&R springs and had a borla catback as well [emoji22] RIP Scoobs

Long story short, I was able to put it back into the parking spot, but the insurance from U-Hual wanted me to leave it till they could take pictures. It literally took them a month, in the process the PPA impounded the car, and auctioned it off.

Anywho, she's got 99k on her and the timing belt is next, and I just ordered the prothame diff insert kit and looking forward to a little quarantine fun.

Any other Philadelphia area LGT's around?35aa7cf4cf463d7ea70100bf2d180e2d.jpg8d4751d99c5723db66e379eb0c5af8f5.jpg

I occasionally drive through philly here and there! Both in my 2010 and 2007 GT lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I occasionally drive through philly here and there! Both in my 2010 and 2007 GT lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh sweet! I haven't found any Subaru friends here yet. The '11 LGT is a bit different than the 05, so I'll definitely have questions lol

Edited by ToolTime