LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

Morning Guys,

I had installed the 2006 / 2007 WRX Calipers on my 2010 Subaru Legacy. The Calipers were taken apart and service, painted and installed. What do you guys think about it....

Next, i'm going from 18" to 19" Wheels....stay tuned

Regards,

islandkid

1361348513_FrontCaliper.thumb.jpg.0b083cea89a0e57f89b5bc51b8da1817.jpg

1597960718_RearCalipersjpg.thumb.jpg.bfdb27499531fb3da7507aab8ff3c93e.jpg

1474129289_CarwithstockWheels18.thumb.jpg.fe80306f17e126ad3899ac03b99810cd.jpg

Morning Guys,

I had installed the 2006 / 2007 WRX Calipers on my 2010 Subaru Legacy. The Calipers were taken apart and service, painted and installed. What do you guys think about it....

Regards,

islandkid

I believe the stock GT calipers provide better braking than these. It's not really an upgrade.

Picked up a set of FRS wheels with their size snows and their TPMS sensors for $175. Wheels are a B-, no curbs but some scuffs. Also picked up a set of new Firestone snow tires to go on them for $275. After seven seasons, my last set was down to the belts on one tire when I pulled them last month.

IMG_0881.jpg.a6672a802d8dc59bd4f26642c93d0d17.jpg

I believe the stock GT calipers provide better braking than these. It's not really an upgrade.

Was able to compare both on the same car.

My brother's XT had 4 pots when he got it from me. I gave him my LGT brakes when I put on Brembos.

The LGT brakes were better.

Morning Guys,

Regards,

islandkid

Hi islandkid, did you change the rotors too? Those calipers pair with a smaller rotor than the stock Legacy brakes.

New exhaust gasket from the dp to the turbo. During the flipping of Brendan's OEM and my catless to pass emissions I managed to misplace it fml.

Also some gtechniq c5 wheel ceramic costing and panel Wipe. Going to get the new beautys looking mint along with my axle backs for years to come.

For my 2011 Lgt, i changed spark plugs, cleaned and reoiled KN filter, readjusted air intake pipes and retighened the clamps (pipes were half on), pur in 2 washers and bokts for passenger cooling fan as they were missing.

Waiting on oem oil filter and crush washers from Amazon so I can change oil,. Will change rear diff and tranny oil next week. It has 60k miles on it.

Have Invidia q300 catback, whiteline rear swaybar and front tower brace to go on next as its sitting in my closet.

That day was low humidity and high in the low 80's.

Down there? Jersey? You must be from way up?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bout 5 hrs north of north jersey.... I'm from Morris county tho.

Not bought, but returned. The driver's side mirror replacement didn't fit correctly. Once the return is processed, I'm purchasing an OEM replacement.

Since you’ve got the painted cap, eBay has used ones around $65 such as this

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F223584826256

Remember that yours is heated and the 2010 were not folding

• 2 weeks later...
I was swayed by the wheel setup RikGT had on his car before the new wheels. So I bought a set of STI center caps. They are the aftermarket ones since I couldn't justify the cost of factory caps. But, I do like the light touches of factory mods like the Ts.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a 2015+ WRX Garrett MGT2259s and header for cheap :

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SUBARU-WRX-Forester-XT-G4-2015-TURBO-UNIT-MGT22595-FA20-DIT-TURBO-14-15-16-17-/163819217820

Will be test fitting this, I believe it should fit .

I've got a complete exhaust to suit.

Once it's all bolted up, it should then mean an easier upgraded turbo down the road since there should be more options available for the WRX flange.

Been meaning to do this for a while, just had to wait for a cheap enough stock turbo to come up for sale locally.

This one should be decent with only 8000km on it.

Wasn't able to find anything online that confirmed it, have you seen it tested before or how did you make the calculations?

Either way I guess it's too late for me to cancel, already paid for. Figure it can't be too hard to resell if no use.

Wasn't able to find anything online that confirmed it, have you seen it tested before or how did you make the calculations?

Either way I guess it's too late for me to cancel, already paid for. Figure it can't be too hard to resell if no use.

Because narrower means narrower and wider means wider ?🤔 :popcorn:

Definitely won't fit. Too narrow

I thought I read somewhere on NASIOC that it would fit the STI if not for the oil pan. I haven't tried it, but when my engine was out for the clutch fork, I stopped by my shop and held an FA20dit header up to mine and thought that it would probably fit.

Anyways, I think that there's a good chance.