LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

Finally got around to buying a replacement drivers side door mirror. I crunched it against the garage door opening a few months ago. Going to swap the painted cap since it was not damaged.

Finally got around to buying a replacement drivers side door mirror. I crunched it against the garage door opening a few months ago. Going to swap the painted cap since it was not damaged.

I need to do the same. What did it cost?

You know you can pull the plastics apart on the knob and make it any color you want :hide:

I do, but for $12 I don't have to. I figured after I buy the paint and spend the time, it would be cheaper to go this route. Also, instant gratification since it will be here Monday. :)

You know you can pull the plastics apart on the knob and make it any color you want :hide:

i may have to do this, the plastic piece is starting to peel off on mine anyway. i always kinda wanted to get a raceng or some other weighted knob, but after seeing David Higgins using a stocker i decided it was silly.

Trying this guy out for my oil filters now. Looks like a bigger volume than most I have seen so far and seems like the filter material is nicer too. I will cut them open and see, I have some older crappy ones I will cut at the same time and do a little comparing.

IMG_7297.thumb.jpg.5d0e4aba595df89bb7c0e09b042a71de.jpg

^there is a big comparison thread of filters that work for Subaru, with pictures. I'm not sure where I saw that at the moment though.

One thing to check on oil filters as well is bypass valve opening pressure. Subaru filters open at higher pressure, matched to the higher pressure their oil sytems run in general.

Opinions vary on how important that is in the grand scheme of things but I want the oil to pass through the element as much as possible so I went back to the OE Tokyo Roki black filters.

Trying this guy out for my oil filters now. Looks like a bigger volume than most I have seen so far and seems like the filter material is nicer too. I will cut them open and see, I have some older crappy ones I will cut at the same time and do a little comparing.

I use this filter and it works well, no need to cut up a new filter

^there is a big comparison thread of filters that work for Subaru, with pictures. I'm not sure where I saw that at the moment though.

One thing to check on oil filters as well is bypass valve opening pressure. Subaru filters open at higher pressure, matched to the higher pressure their oil sytems run in general.

Opinions vary on how important that is in the grand scheme of things but I want the oil to pass through the element as much as possible so I went back to the OE Tokyo Roki black filters.

iirc the mazda rx8 filter shown above is equivalent afaik bypass pressure

^lol but it is true, you will need a small diameter hose to fit into the opening on the overflow/reservoir tank.

The plus side is that you can since the hose is small enough on the brake bleeder empty the tank and get most of it from the suction line as well. This means it will take less fluid overall to get most of the old crap out.

^lol but it is true, you will need a small diameter hose to fit into the opening on the overflow/reservoir tank.

The plus side is that you can since the hose is small enough on the brake bleeder empty the tank and get most of it from the suction line as well. This means it will take less fluid overall to get most of the old crap out.

You can also just disconnect the hose at the power pump and drain the reservoir empty. Put a rag under hose when disconnecting it and have a container ready to drain it.