LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

I know what you mean. I do wish I could take mine out there, put on the track pads, and have some fun. Would love to laugh at the brake guy when he says my brakes are 800 degrees and tell him I'm good to 1500 can I go now?

At the brake check, they make you pull off if they are over 300. A guy at work didn't gear down and his truck's brakes were around 600.

At the brake check, they make you pull off if they are over 300. A guy at work didn't gear down and his truck's brakes were around 600.

I'm sure I would have a hard time convincing them that my track setup has better braking performance above 300 and doesn't have any brake fade until a much higher temp.

When I was out there earlier this year there was a Suburban, Yukon or other large SUV in front of us, while coming down Pikes peak. They got to the brake check stop and he was around 900 and just took off blazing away from the checker. They radioed ahead and I'm not sure what happened after that, but I'm sure he got stopped further down the mountain.

I was golden because the Camry we rented had an engine braking button.

When I was out there earlier this year there was a Suburban, Yukon or other large SUV in front of us, while coming down Pikes peak. They got to the brake check stop and he was around 900 and just took off blazing away from the checker. They radioed ahead and I'm not sure what happened after that, but I'm sure he got stopped further down the mountain.

I was golden because the Camry we rented had an engine braking button.

Did you get to drive to the top, or did you have to park at Devil's Playground and take the shuttle?

Did you get to drive to the top, or did you have to park at Devil's Playground and take the shuttle?

We drove all the way up, but it was snowing when we got there and couldn't see much from the top. That lack of oxygen at altitude thing is intense. There was some hurting people sitting in their cars at the top.

Did you get to drive all the way to the top?

We road tripped there from WI and I didn't think it was too bad. I have made that car trip about 6 times now. It's a quick 13 hour drive from here.:)

Needing some recommendations on what to do in SanFran next week. Going to LA Friday and driving up there Sunday.

Stay AWAY from Oakland.

- Golden State Park

- The Presidio

- Lands End and Coastal Trail

- Alcatraz Tour

- Fisherman Wharf, Pier 39

- Chinatown

- Lombard Street

- Avenue of the Giants (4 hours north of SF)

There was a mountain that overlook SF but beware there is a huge pride flag sitting on top of the peek. I can't remember the name since I was there to survey a Telecommunication tower back in 2000 or 2001.

I was behind a Porsche Panamera at a stoplight to an on-ramp. When the light turned green I saw a butterfly open up on the inside 2 pipes of the quad exhaust and he was gone. Very cool.

I looked it up and that car has a Sport Exhaust button that opens up the butterfly.

Ran across this on Yahoo.jp auctions, thought you guys would get a kick out of it. The unit is meant for an Evo 6, hence the fitment issues.

even on Evo's those things look like trash. effective in a rally situation? sure, but sleek they are not