LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

Got a new couch. :) Quality of life has greatly improved, I can stretch out fully and sit properly with adequate support. It's an Afton Two-Piece Sectional I got from Art Van Furniture. Got a great deal on it, a lot of couch for the money, and a hell of a lot nicer and more comfortable than my old one, which was always ugly, but once upon a time was extremely comfortable, but had sadly fallen into disrepair and dilapidation to the point of giving me back and body pain.

nmodlgZ.thumb.jpg.d893c958a7a2a1bb23b29f17ef9dcba6.jpg

CiXUshc.thumb.jpg.c58f3a4eb850fafa1697f530452f56ac.jpg

lWSdY3s.thumb.jpg.3b52fcd729cb5cc04b0b2a5a5673fd4f.jpg

FDTZH0K.thumb.jpg.66294842740d29fa71098d18f250a4ca.jpg

Congrats on the new couch!

Sorry, this is the first thing that came to mind lol!

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcR5iShmur_ifThRglXUhliNih8XKSasQx3nXzh1h0qtFpMR_aR8

Should say "if you know what this means you are probably Male and have an internet connection", lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nice couch! Yeah, one of my top "needs" for a couch is the level of "nap happy" I can reach on it. Ours is to be replaced too. But, waiting for the puppy to get a bit older. Good thing is she is not a chewer so the replacement might come quicker.

We got the Crosstrek back from the body shop on Friday and it ended up being about $3,500. Thankfully we have a $250 deductible (hit and run). They did have to respray quite a bit with the metallic black. Crazy how much it cost to fix this:

door.thumb.jpg.5ff0f6120f0e58f74d60e489f8d23675.jpg

IMG_5455.thumb.JPG.f1f5ada1fb147fc53fad5682ac545df2.JPG

Thinking about buying these.... Sent an inquire to make sure they fit USDM LGTs - just to be safe. Want the Light smoke and Black chrome ones..... Seem reeeeeeaaaalllly nice and would work with my blacked out scheme...

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/44367

These are wagon fitment only. There's about 12 different options for aftermarket tail lights for the wagons, and not a single option for sedan. These will not fit you car, would only fit Outbacks as far as US vehicles.

Yup those are wagon only.

I saw a sedan option from somewhere in Russia IIRC. Not sure if it was a one-off though.

EDIT:

Found them, techled.ru

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTtUv4Pg3rqbGFUUv-08Ey6B8w3j6geOSt7FAKRMy_nutjWKvA7

http://techled.ru/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=81:subaru-legacy&catid=40:2010-08-09-18-25-43&Itemid=69

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=650l9FLoyAY"]

[/url] Edited by Scubaboo

Yup, the 2.5X/3.6X is an Australian-only Outback-height lifted sedan. The interesting thing about them is that they use the chunkier and visually different Chinese market front and rear bumpers and side skirts, which are different still from both USDM and JDM cladding. The bottom of the front bumper is much thicker and the lower grille resembles the USDM front instead of the JDM one, the side skirts have a chrome trim, and the rear bumper is completely unique and appears to have a spot for a bottom-mount rear foglight. Very interesting model.

articleLeadwide-26p3f.jpg

6a0dc92f16853b86d9694013e78121bc6672ac77.jpg

Here's the two different bumpers side-by-side in raw form so you can compare the C H U N K. Also not the lack of creases from the lower grille on the standard JDM/AuDM bumper.

FRONTZBARZSUBARUZLIBERTYZ12-14ZWOZWASH.jpg

And here's a USDM post-facelift to see that it's different still from the Chinese/X bumper. It has the creases leading up from the lower grille like the Chinese/X bumper, but the bottom is thinner like the regular bumper.

rrYL74M.png

Anybody want to help me out with road trip planning?

I usually splurge my paid time off during the summer and I already have plans to go to Chicago for a few days on Aug 10 with friends. I've never been west of Kansas, so this is the perfect opportunity to solo trip the west side of the US. I was thinking of doing a one way flight to Seattle and drive down the coast, cut back into Las Vegas, then drive through to Denver for a flight back home to Orlando. Or Should I do this all before and fly to Chicago to end the vacation with my friends. Flights are cheaper if I go with Orlando > Chicago > Seattle > Road Trip > Denver > Orlando, than flying straight to Seattle and starting there.

Last year, I did a 3k mile road trip from Orlando to Niagara Falls and back. My sister and I did everything, Saw Savannah Ga, DC, NF, water rafting, zip-lining and coal mine tour in WV, Ruby Falls, Ashville, NC, Johannesburg Tennessee, and Atlanta. We did it in 8 days.

Any advice on what to see or avoid on the west side. How many days do you think I need to take?

Edited by ibr_adam09

Doing the 101 is on my bucket list, the only down side is the one way car rental. It's almost double since they have to transport the car back to the original region. I have been on a short stretch of the 101 in NW Oregon.

I would make sure to hit Astoria, OR where they filmed Kindergarten Cop, Short Circuit, and Goonies. Also hit Cannon Beach (also from Goonies) and Seaside, OR. Going east of Vegas try to hit Zion Nat'l Park and Mesa Verde Nat' Park (Indian Cliff Dwellings).

I just looked it up. Wow, there are some isolated towns out there!

Any recommendations with car rentals? Will a compact/ midsize be fine? We used a Chevy Cruze hatch last time, but I'm concerned about going through the rocky mountains.

A rough search are showing cars one way at $27/day

Edited by ibr_adam09

I made it through Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton with 3 people (plus camping gear) crammed into a Hyundai Accent sedan, so if you're going solo, you should be just fine with a Cruze. Might be gutless, but you should make it.