LegacyGT.com

The Official F1 Thread - V2

SBT

Finally caught up on Texas. Great that multiple strategies were viable! SkyF1 coverage was better than ever, with the 2021 hype added in. Much love for the US. Bumpy track, but then again that provided some entertainment and challenges for the drivers. The wind too.

so funny that Texas sends the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders to Austin for the race... dunno how that makes us look. Ironically, it's so LA...

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am OK with Vettel leaving Big Red....

Happy that Ricciardo is signing on with McClaren.

Would be happier seeing a Kimi quote on anyone's helmet...

…"Leave me alone, I know what I am doing!"

• 1 month later...
That was entertaining, thanks.

That was craaaaazy!!! (okay, not 1998 Spa in the rain crazy, but still!!) I'm so excited they are racing again at the same track next week! Which teams are going to have the guts to pound the curbs and who's go to be constantly berated by their engineers to stay off the curbs?

Edited by rebourne

• 2 weeks later...

It was nice to hear one of the TV guys to say he'd like to see Max in Bottas's seat. I have been thinking that for a few years now.

It was nice to see some of the other teams making progress.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Max in Bottas seat - to me that doesn't seem like a good idea. Max would never like to be second driver and it could be a losing strategy.

Just think back the Mansell/Prost day's at Ferrari. But it would be fun to see if Max could make that car even quicker.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Well, well, well... and here I was thinking that this thread had died from

COVID, right after KRB’s passing.

Glad to see both, F1 and this thread raised from the dead.

• 2 weeks later...

Those finishing laps were quite enjoyable....

Only wish the tire degradation was at a higher rate though.

@Gteaser, He'll have more seat time for next weekend too.... Here's hoping he gets to put into practice what he's been playing catch up on...

Not that I'm hoping Perez is out for another week+, but that Hulk gets a chance to raise eyebrows for a possible permanent seat in `21...

Having been following F1 since the mid 1980's I was wondering why Hamilton and Bottas were trading fastest laps, knowing they had to keep those tires safe...They could have set fastest lap later in the race if they had too...

Not sure I would have told Max to Box, he wasn't pushing his tires that hard...?

I know, easy to say from where I sit...;)

Who would have thought that one point for fastest lap would help cause the excitement at the end.