LegacyGT.com

The Official F1 Thread - V2

SBT

In the end it was luck, but you make your own luck:

Mercedes played it conservative (old tires to keep track position). Typical Mec.

Red bull gambled and put on the new tires. Typical Red Bull.

The stewards and the track officials were able to clean up the mess just in time to make for a good show, and it is a show after all.

The strategy won the championship.

Anyone else think of Latifi as the new Timo Glock?

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy we have a different champ, Max deserves it as he did about everything in his power this year to unseat Hamilton. And I am glad that Ham didn't win. I don't care about any of the controversial stuff. Merc could have put new tires on at any point within the last 44 laps, and they chose not to.

Agree, the Merc is so fast with all the laps that were left if they changed tires when Max did, Lewis could have gotten back by Max.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Agree, the Merc is so fast with all the laps that were left if they changed tires when Max did, Lewis could have gotten back by Max.

Yeah, I agree. Conservative "track position" vs new tires and attack.

Max had 3 DNFs to Lewis' one. One less dnf and the championship was in the bag without the controversial finish.

But that's racing, and this season i found myself giddy, laughing out loud, pissed off, and deeply entertained.

Plenty happy with this usage of my precious time (this season).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
ftfy

LOL.

We'll see, right? HAAS has had more dedicated development time for the 2022 car than any other team. Are they the scrappy little david to the proverbial goliaths? Will Mazepin be crashing out from mid field? Is his dad going to continue to fund the team? Does HAAS accept BTC?

The Haas Formula 1 Team say they have terminated Nikita Mazepin’s contract and their title partnership with Uralkali with immediate effect.

“Haas F1 Team has elected to terminate, with immediate effect, the title partnership of Uralkali, and the driver contract of Nikita Mazepin,” said a statement from the team.

“As with the rest of the Formula 1 community, the team is shocked and saddened by the invasion of Ukraine and wishes for a swift and peaceful end to the conflict.”

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.breaking-haas-to-part-ways-with-nikita-mazepin-with-immediate-effect.nmmqyclyJjFNkPJjQyiyF.html

453747.png

• 2 weeks later...

Red Bull started with a double DNF and Ferrari with a 1+2 tailed with Mercedes at 3+4, then surprises Kevin Magnussen in Haas and Bottas.

10 points for a driver that's not a regular and in a team that was totally at the bottom last year is a pretty cool achievement.

Seems like the season started in an interesting way.

453747.png

In sadder news, former F1 driver (1970 to 1974) Reine Wisell has passed away at the age of 80.

So he did race against legends like Emerson Fittipaldi, Jackie Stewart, Carlos Reutemann, Ronnie Peterson, Niki Lauda, Mike Hailwood (Yes Mike The Bike) and many more legends of the era when Formula 1 found the form and general car style we are recognizing now.

At least he did have a full life.

330px-Reine_Wisell_1970_N%C3%BCrburgring.JPG

453747.png

The new cars look awesome! The racing has been awesome so far. I'm loving it and glad to see a shakeup in the boring pecking order we've had for the last decade.

My prediction....Merc's extreme zeropod design is the source of their issues, the tunnels are too efficient with this design, and they will not be able to tune out their porpoising issue because they are leaning too far toward their extreme design. They will bring back sidepods later this year.

It's going to be mighty when we have three teams fighting for wins. As much as I like seeing the shake up with Ferrari and Redbull winning, I want another team up there, which is most likely going to be mercedes.

But who knows? one of the other teams could make a big step and leap frog them to the front. McClaren? One of the other Ferrari powered teams?