SBT

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I watched that one and the Peter Windsor one

Basically: Vettel screwed up, per the regulations. But regulations are too strict on drivers, trying to apply the same strictness of rules of the car design, like a 1mm too wide wing is a disqualification, to the driving. And it all started with Schumacher in Canada years ago. Also funny how he said Senna wouldn't be allowed out of the garage based on the current driver regulations and his driving on track.

So for me, this left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I feel for Vettel, but don't crack under pressure, or screw up while talking on the radio, whatever happened. I appreciate that he is emotional and not a robot. I feel the regulations created this, but can't say that I know what to do about it. The stewards have the telemetry so they saw Hamilton lift/break and Vettel barely lift, etc. With that data, the regulations are probably clear.

If Vettel had taken out Hamilton, both crashed out right there, I wonder if they would have penalized Vettel after the race, or called it a racing incident? What I would hope for is no investigation. If Hamilton tried to dive under Vettel and Vettel slammed them both into the wall, that's racing. Hamilton didn't have to go for the gap, not knowing if Vettel was under control. That's letting them race.

Anyways... thanks for the Marc Priestley, it helped me to sort out my frustration. There would be no talking point if Vettel hadn't cracked, however, the talking point should be regulations.

Edited by rebourne

I only saw the end and for a change Kubica didn't come in last. He was actually ahead of his team mate.

Just tells us about the sorry state Williams is in right now, I wonder if that team will be around next year.

453747.png

I only saw the end and for a change Kubica didn't come in last. He was actually ahead of his team mate.

Just tells us about the sorry state Williams is in right now, I wonder if that team will be around next year.

But only 2 laps down this race. Least so far this year....so they are making progress. Better than 3 or 4 laps down.

Maybe Ferrari has caught up a bit now?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWU6tDaG-xg]2019 Austrian Grand Prix: Qualifying Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Could be interesting to see tomorrow.

453747.png

Great race today, nice to see the young kids race each other up front.

I've been watching Max for a while now. I wonder if Honda finally has a decent engine program once again.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here