The Official F1 Thread - V2

SBT

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed this one.

Watching the Merc gain on the Ferrari in the corners, mostly due to fresher tires, then be powerless with DRS on the long straights is such a big deal! MB has had the strangle hold on the hybrid era for so long! But then again, they could have had the power turned down a little due to the two engine failures to the teams they supply engines to. Time will tell.

Vettel completely sealed the deal for Charles by holding up Hammy for as long as he did. Bravo for being the team player. He did a fabulous job of defending. Not epic, nothing spectacular, but solid, team player. Errr..... but this was supposed to be a Ferrari One Two finish! I missed what went wrong for Vettel and why he had to pit so early. Bottas was no where... but he still beat Vettel? I dunno... SMH...

I wanna say, retire already dood. but i can't.

This qualification was absurd:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXGTLj2cw3w]2019 Italian Grand Prix: A Crazy End To Qualifying! - YouTube[/ame]

It's a Monty Python level qualification.

And now we will see if MaldonadoVerstappen causes a mayhem considering he's starting last.

Edited by ehsnils
453747.png

2nd part of Quali was a joke. $100k of dollars wasted right there. I showed my wife and she LOL at the mess.

Charles, Max, Alex, Lando. These guys are the future.

But Dood! Changing of the guard! Putting Charles on hard tires to defend an attacking Louis on better tires until his tires faded? Crazy bold strategy, but Charles did it. Great stuff.

It definitely shows that Ferrari has found enough power to compensate for the DRS.

Charles is definitely showing some great skills. The interaction with Louis where he was pushed onto the grass was more a one time race incident and "don't do it again" was probably the right call there as no major damage was inflicted and the race continued.

Overall the race also shows that the wake turbulence is one of the strong factors preventing overtakes. It would be interesting to see what changes that occurs in the future when it comes to aerodynamic impact.

453747.png

Hey, give the guy a break, you may recall he was sitting in a pool of water from a leaking water drink bottle...I'm sure that wasn't to comfortable...not that I'm a big fan.

When is Max going to catch a break ?

Nice to see Mercedes struggle for once let's see how long it takes them to recover.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That P3 qualifying was awesome. I LOL'd quite loudly even my wife asked to watch it again.

Great race for us to watch.

Imo, Vettel did a Rookie panic when trying to get back onto the track which basically snowballed..

Kimi got shafted by his team for setting him out on wrong spec tires. Given he wasn't going to finish in P1, but still...

C.

• 2 weeks later...

Still serious condition though for the F2 driver surviving the crash at Spa.

Formula 2 driver Juan Manuel Correa has been taken out his induced coma following the crash at Spa-Francorchamps that claimed the life of Anthoine Hubert. However, doctors have cautioned that Correa is still in ‘a race against time’ with regards to his leg injuries.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.f2-racer-correa-taken-out-of-induced-coma.4ibymsL1pLNVJKWYAfnqhX.html

453747.png

And tomorrow we will see Charles Leclerc on pole followed by Hamilton, Vettel, Verstappen, Bottas and Albon.

It's sure going to be an interesting race. And I think the odds are pretty low on an incident between Vettel and Verstappen in the first turn after the start.

453747.png

Entertaining race. I haven't heard any of the post race stuff, but should be juicy. Strange for Mercedes to go with such a strategy, they're usually more conservative.

As I see it everyone was waiting for the other to pit first among the leaders while everyone at the back did their pit stops and compressed the field more and more so that suddenly the leaders would find themselves way down the field after a stop. Until they really had to make a pit stop anyway.

A pity for Leclerc to lose his lead that way through the pit stop strategy.

Mercedes strategy was a bit strange as I see it. And doing the opposite of Ferrari badly failed this time.

I'm a bit surprised that Verstappen managed to stay out of trouble this time. Otherwise he seems to be a trouble magnet. Unfortunate to see Russel being cut out that way. Didn't really seem like his fault either unless he had slowed down significantly to just let Grosjean through. Not sure that was a good place to make an overtake anyway.

But city races are quite different from ordinary track races where the drivers have more room for mistakes.

453747.png

• 3 weeks later...

Some of the people we know of from F1 telling their stories about accidents. Including the spring accident Massa had.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL3lm9UBzws]Formula E Drivers Reflect On Their First Big Crash In Racing - YouTube[/ame]

453747.png