LegacyGT.com

The Official F1 Thread - V2

SBT

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a crazy fun race. Alex stepped up, and there was real action right up to the line.

I have a feeling that one reason why Alex has been lagging behind have been that he has been the guinea pig for various small items tested that probably have made him slower than necessary, but aid in the development of a car that's easier to drive.

Having Max at the top all the time but letting Albon try out things serves two purposes - to avoid a clash between them on the track and to get more test time. The cost would be the manufacturing championship, but considering that first position is already marked for Mercedes the second and third spot isn't that fun aside from some possible money payout.

But we don't know all about the strategies for Red Bull.

453747.png

I can't remember the last time I watched a race with three different standing starts. Pretty crazy. Maybe they should use the red flags more often.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a feeling that one reason why Alex has been lagging behind have been that he has been the guinea pig for various small items tested that probably have made him slower than necessary, but aid in the development of a car that's easier to drive.

Having Max at the top all the time but letting Albon try out things serves two purposes - to avoid a clash between them on the track and to get more test time. The cost would be the manufacturing championship, but considering that first position is already marked for Mercedes the second and third spot isn't that fun aside from some possible money payout.

But we don't know all about the strategies for Red Bull.

I think the difference between the two of them is Max has better car control. That was shown back in Brazil back in his early day's when it rained really hard.

As the interview with Christian Horner after the race, where he states Max is better with a car that slides the rear ends around more.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^^^Agreed.

It was a fun track to watch though with all the elevation changes.... Or 'Undulations' as the Teams PR people speak fed them to say... Made me chuckle on their interviews with the same adjective for the track's layout.

C.

• 1 month later...

It was amazing to see Roman climb out of that car on his own. So glad he's ok.

I have been wondering what Russell could do in a better car, I guess we're going to find out.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I hope Russell does well.

Starting as #2 behind Bottas and ahead of Verstappen seems like he's doing well.

I'm even more surprised by Leclerc able to qualify that high up.

But overall it shows us how good the Mercedes cars are.

453747.png