LegacyGT.com

NEW Nav firmware update 11-21-16 for 15 and 16 Legacy

I just read 10 pages of postings about this update ... What was the important fixes is addressed anyway?

Maybe you should re-read post #1 of this thread!

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Maybe you should re-read post #1 of this thread!
That is why I said "important changes" . Most of those looked like things most people wouldn't even notice unless they were looking for them. Except the iPhone stuff, which I don't use anyway.

That is why I said "important changes" . Most of those looked like things most people wouldn't even notice ...

It's not all about what you (or I) consider important. Really.

Quite a few people on this forum have been waiting years for some of these "things" that they consider important. (I'm not among them, but that's immaterial. It's good to have some well-known bugs finally fixed, though.)

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Did mine just now. Thank you for the video Andrew!

I also did the gracenote update.

Can't believe my crappy dealer said there is no TSB for this, I just told them forget it, I'll do it myself like everything else. Going to find a new Subaru dealer when I get the BRZ.

Update: On mine the dealer install left Turn by Turn Directions and the Compass in between the center gauges inoperable.

I first attempted to install part 2 only, followed by the memory initialization which did not resolve the issue.

Reinstalling parts 1 and 2 followed by the memory initialization, did resolve the issue.

Hope this helps anyone in the same boat.

2016 Legacy LTD, ES/Nav.

Update: On mine the dealer install left Turn by Turn Directions and the Compass in between the center gauges inoperable.

I first attempted to install part 2 only, followed by the memory initialization which did not resolve the issue.

Reinstalling parts 1 and 2 followed by the memory initialization, did resolve the issue.

Hope this helps anyone in the same boat.

2016 Legacy LTD, ES/Nav.

Same happened to me.

(Happy to now have a "mute" for the Nav). ;-)

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

• 2 weeks later...
I had my dealer update the firmware on my nav. Everything seem to be fine, I thought. I have been reading online with every ones issue.. So a few weeks ago I checked my unit to see if I had some of the mentioned issues.. My Vehicle customization, Oil temp, Trip info, compass on gauge cluster does not work... Today, I took my car in to the dealership for having them look at my car and have it re-flashed (saying other people had issues). They called me saying they tried and called Subaru and said my radio has to be replaced.

I had my dealer update the firmware on my nav. Everything seem to be fine, I thought. I have been reading online with every ones issue.. So a few weeks ago I checked my unit to see if I had some of the mentioned issues.. My Vehicle customization, Oil temp, Trip info, compass on gauge cluster does not work... Today, I took my car in to the dealership for having them look at my car and have it re-flashed (saying other people had issues). They called me saying they tried and called Subaru and said my radio has to be replaced.

That's odd...

My dealer DID have to download the updates again and apply them though. They said one was corrupted.

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

I did mine. Had to do the second part a second time. Details:

I used an 8GB key with other stuff on it, that was already formatted to FAT32. I put everything in folders, including all the update files in their own folder. I just copied out the Update 1 or Update 2 files as needed so they were the only non-folder items in the root.

The lower USB port worked for the updates, the upper did not. YMMV.

Update 1 is a single file and the progress bar goes to completion 1 time. After this is done you might think 'maybe I won't lose my radio presets and bluetooth pairings'. You will be wrong. Update 2 wipes them, update 1 doesn't.

Update 2 is 3 files and, when it works, the progress bar will go to completion 3 times, each time taking longer than the last time. The third time will take as long as Update 1.

I never started my car, only used the accessory position, which is two button presses without touching the brake if you have the tech package.

Figure on 40 to 45 minutes, including pulling the USB to swap update files, and probably running update 2 twice.

Also for people complaining on Subaru botching this update, it really falls under the radio manufacturer for releasing a buggy update. The techs are following instructions as given to them. and they don't have time to second guess them.
---

• 3 months later...
Can anyone tell if the updates are country, continental or language spesific? Running european Outback MY2015 2.5i

Current versions:

NOR OE9011

eSD OE9011

POWER 02.1026

CAN 14.0015

POWER BOOT 02.1017

POWER VCL 02.0203

DB OE9011

It appears that they are indeed region specific. Nor, eSD, and DB versions for North America are prefixed "OU" or "NU" ('U' for U.S.?), while yours are prefixed "OE" ('E' for Europe?). Version IDs you posted for the other modules are the same as in North America. For what it's worth, CAN 14.0015 was also the new revision level after the North American update.

Edited by ammcinnis

spacer.png

It appears that they are indeed region specific. Nor, eSD, and DB versions for North America are prefixed "OU" (for U.S.?), while your are prefixed "OE" (for Europe?). Version IDs you posted for the other modules are the same as in North America. For what it's worth, CAN 14.0015 was the new revision level after the North American update.

Thanks for the info !

So I might have the latest versions (local dealer did software-upgrade today) and I cannot check nowhere the current european software-versions on the web.

Edited by ArcticAdventure

• 4 months later...

Does anyone have a link to download the update files? It appears the links at the beginning of this post are now dead, and it looks like subarunet.com is only for dealers?

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, has anyone tried to get the update from through their dealer with the vehicle no longer in warranty? Curious how much they charge just to download a couple of files and push a few buttons on your radio.

I'm also looking to update but the link is dead. Does anyone have a new link or can anyone send over the files through email possibly? I've tried going through the dealer, even while under warranty, and they said they updated it, but when I check, it's clearly not. Any help would really be appreciated.

I've tried going through the dealer, even while under warranty, and they said they updated it, but when I check, it's clearly not.

Then print out the relevant pages from the TSB and show them that the wrong (i.e. old) revision levels are still in place. If that fails, find another dealer ... or just install the update yourself, and be done with it.

spacer.png

I'm trying to install them but need the files to install.

First things first. We need to know what head unit you have and the current software revision levels installed, per pages 6-8 of the TSB:

Head unit faceplate ID ? (e.g. FB685US, FB695UM, etc.)

NAV or no NAV ?

Nor = ?

eSD = ?

CAN = ?

DB/Backup DB = ?

Edited by ammcinnis

spacer.png

[The dealer] said they updated it, but when I check, it's clearly not.

Nor = ? NU9309

eSD = ? NU9309

CAN = ? 14.0015

DB/Backup DB = ? NU9309

It appears that your dealer was right. Per the TSB, those are the correct revision levels for a 2016 Legacy/Outback head unit w/NAV after the update.

Edited by ammcinnis

spacer.png