LegacyGT.com

Sydney Motor Show - Liberty GT "Tuned By STi"

slugdriver

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I seriously CANT believe some of our US members on this board, do u guys READ at all ???????????? Seriously, have a look at a few posts above and I actually SPELL IT OUT CLEAR AS DAY. Jon, with U being fairly new to the board I will let yr comments slide, but here is an idea mate, read the entire page...............post 167 in particular. You have to admit Im harsh, but extremely fair on this point.
:icon_roll

I see you're still dodging the question:

Adam where'd you get the 0-100 5.4s figure from?

Would be interested to know... indeed....! :)

The most likely source is someone in the sales department at the Docklands dealership, and we know those guys would never fabricate anything just to impress a customer.

Re the numberplate thing, you'll have to fill the holes up or stick on a flat piece od poly carbonate or something if you want a flat surface for the sticker plates. Or get the sticker plates custome made in a thicker vinyl and it should cover the hole up without showing.

:)

Jon,

I'm not sure about dodging the question but my source was the service manager at Docklands. Seems believable for me that the Liberty GT by STi is going to be somewhere between 5.4s (WRX STi) and 6.0s (WRX) which are numbers regularly quoted in the press. My guess is that it will be a little bit slower than the WRX STi but not by much....

I think they were doing the performance runs last week but they haven't published anything. Personally, I'd go with a local car mag's numbers over factory published numbers any time...

Cheers,

Darren

Docklands may be part dealership but it is also HQ for STi Australia

Hence this is where the testing is completed

Hence our comments Jon, so NO its not just a salesguy trying to impress.

Again.... get the facts before JUMPING on the sales staff @ STi or anywhere else for that matter.

Ada///M.

Hey Adam,

Might have to do a group buy on the tune and radiator caps. Join the WRX club and you get 10% off on parts.....

10% is not too bad but still extremely expensive gear, esp the STi SSBL's but the radiator cap could be a good place to start.

Ada///M.

LOL Adam, how many kW at the wheels do you reckon the radiator cap is worth????? I reckon I'd have to be really flushed with cash to think that was a smart investment...

I'm also not sure that $750 on a set of braided brake lines, $280 on a new gear knob and $475 for a set of STi wheel nuts is also going to get past the capex committee here in Port Melbourne!!!!!

Will limit it to $350 for a tint with Rob and $250 for a proper FM modulator to work with the iPod. Trying to think through where the best place for a stealth install of that one is going to be....

Well I dont think much at all, but might reduce weight by.00000344 of a gram which has to account for something... surely.

I think the wheel nuts are very expensive considering they will get damaged as soon as our friendly friends and Bridgestone get their hands on them, not to mention the Techs @ STi.

The SSBL's for me might be a decent upgrade down the track including a new gear knob as I think the stocker is a shocker, IMHO of course.

The tint by Rob sounds like a sound investment including the iPod setup as Im still unsure if the McIntosh has a direct link with the iPod.

Time will only tell.

Ada///M.

Unless they change the radio, the McIntosh has no Aux input so we're left with either:

- Hacking in direct with the blank CD option (hmmm, too hard)

- Replacing the stereo / console (hmmmm, way too expensive)

- iTrip (my current method, it sucks!)

- inline FM modulator ~$250 installed with on/off switch in the cabin

I'm edging down the modulator path so I can have a patch lead (will go into the iPod headphone socket) and the on/off switch in the centre console. That way it will be an invisible install to prying external eyes...

WRX STI matching accelarative abilities .... Hmm... ! :D

Wonder how an MRT ECutek 2.0 +/- CAI +/- TMIC (in a 5EAT in particular) would match up to the STI tuned LGT or even still... an STI? The powerup from an MRT 'XC kit' looks promising as well.

Does anyone have any 0-100 times for an Ecutek'd LGT?

Hence our comments Jon, so NO its not just a salesguy trying to impress.

Again.... get the facts before JUMPING on the sales staff @ STi or anywhere else for that matter.

Ada///M.

Incredible. You STILL have managed to avoid stating the source of your performance number.

A bit off topic, but has anyone ever heard of any part designed or developed by STI Australia that's available for sale or installed on any production car?

If Brett is anything to go by, then I suspect an ECUTEK would match up very well! If anything, I'd suspect it would go harder still - the alleged results of the ECUTEK on the LGT have been pretty special...

I could never reconcile spending sixty large and then tossing my warranty on the engine & powertrain out of the window. I should add this is not a comment on ECUTEK but on ECU retunes / piggyback chips in general. I really like this option (GT by STi) because I get the benefits complete with full factory warranty. I have no doubt the ECUTEK/Unichip/SMT6 can get more for my buck - I just don't want the bang....

Mind you, it is a thorny topic. The amount of love / hate that develops on forums over which chip is better just astounds me. I'll take stock with STi thanks...

Jon,

I doubt there are any STi Australia parts? The whole point of having STi is that they come from the factory????

There are a wide range of STi parts sold & fitted by Subaru in Aus though...

try sti.subaru.com.au for access to the exclusive Liberty radiator cap LOL

Cheers,

Darren

Jon... unsure where this is not clear

Hence our comments Jon, so NO its not just a salesguy trying to impress

The performance stats came directly for STi Australia.

What else do u want to know? Please let me know because everytime anyone posts anything U question it. So if thats it, lets all move on.

Ada///M.

And to follow yr offtopic question, STi Australia in conjunction with STi Japan has assisted the build of this LibertySTi for Australian Conditions. Also unsure if u are aware but we run our own STi Australia Rally Team @ Docklands (SRTA) which has won the Australian Rally Championship ARC 3 years in a row.

So STi Japan and STi Australia work very very closely on producing parts.

Ada///M.

And to follow yr offtopic question, STi Australia in conjunction with STi Japan has assisted the build of this LibertySTi for Australian Conditions. Also unsure if u are aware but we run our own STi Australia Rally Team @ Docklands (SRTA) which has won the Australian Rally Championship ARC 3 years in a row.

So STi Japan and STi Australia work very very closely on producing parts.

Ada///M.

Sorry to dissapoint you but this is not true. None of the STI parts currently available have been designed or changed "for Australian conditions", they are that same part that you would buy in Japan or elsewhere. Same goes for the bits in the GT.

With SA, "Australin Conditions" just means a different ecu tune and a watered down car (i'm guessing profits are to blame here) - thats why the std GT here doesn't get alloy lower control arms and the Bilsteins as std equipment.

The relationship betweent STi japan and Subaru /STI Australia is that of a supplier and customer at best.

Oh, and with every STI part, you get a warning something to the effect of "for Japanese conditions /market only - not to be used out side Japan".

Bye,

Mo

Archived