LegacyGT.com

2.5i Dual Exhaust

Well, sadly nameless is completely out of 3.6 exhausts until they come out with their new model. So I'm just going to order the 2.5i single delete and call it a day for now. Perhaps it is for the better!

Oh make sure you save your stock exhaust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's a shop in my area that deals with Subarus, I'm going to ask them they're opinions. I started researching how to increase low end torque issues not just for Subarus but other people that are running into the same problem. A couple guys on this forum have mentioned replacing headers and cams. So I am looking into headers and have the cams looked at and see if the CVT can handle it. I've abandoned the intake thing because it's more helpful for fuel economy not performance. I've seen a bunch of headers for sale but I can't find the right one to fit the 6th generation legacy. So if I can find the right headers and possibly cams, that I believe will be worth the money invested. I just pray that I don't destroy the engine.

You can get a shop to build you headers. I wouldn't mess with the cams. That's a step for MUCH later into the job.

Have you searched eBay?

I did search eBay and unfortunately found nothing. I figure I'll just stick with the single exhaust for a while. Eventually nameless will get the updated 3.6 versions in stock or I can find a used pair on here. I can always sell my single. Didn't really want to shell out $400 right now to add an extra exhaust anyways haha.

And I definitely will be keeping my stock one!

Edited by bobbydd21

You can get a shop to build you headers. I wouldn't mess with the cams. That's a step for MUCH later into the job.

Yeah, I emailed the guys from Raptor Superchargers and they informed me that the headers are well made on the 16 2.5i model and I shouldn't mess with them. I'm going to leave the engine performance alone and go find me a set of wheels and improve my handling...but if I could find a Boxer DIT engine...wishful thinking.

Yeah, I emailed the guys from Raptor Superchargers and they informed me that the headers are well made on the 16 2.5i model and I shouldn't mess with them.

That's really great to know! One less thing to wish I could do while knowing I never will.

I may be having a Nameless stainless 4" muffler axleback system for sale very soon 👀

Perfect quality / barely used, just going for something a bit different.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Oh nice! Definitely let me know when you decide to sell it!

Oh nice! Definitely let me know when you decide to sell it!

I'm looking at mid to end of this week. Should be hooking up with another forum member and swapping this one out. I'll definitely let you know :)

I'm looking at mid to end of this week. Should be hooking up with another forum member and swapping this one out. I'll definitely let you know :)

Thanks, no rush! So you didn't find the 4" loud enough? I took my muffler off recently to get an idea of the delete and it actually wasn't as loud as I was expecting!

Thanks, no rush! So you didn't find the 4" loud enough? I took my muffler off recently to get an idea of the delete and it actually wasn't as loud as I was expecting!

It's plenty loud enough, but I have half a mind to enter into Wicked Big Meet's exhaust competition next year since there wasn't a single H6 there, and i can't have mufflers to do that :p

• 5 months later...

My friend just had a muffler delete done on his BMW at a local hole in the wall shop. They did a great job and the price was super reasonable so I'm thinking about taking my car there to finally get dual exhaust.

Looking at Magnaflow 12226 mufflers. From what I've heard they add a nice bit of rumble without being obnoxious which is my goal. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnaflow-12226-Stainless-Steel-2-5-Oval-Muffler-5x8-20-Long-14-Body-/182387390857?hash=item2a7722b989:g:3P0AAOSwux5YT3ip&vxp=mtr

Possibly going in Friday to have him put my car on the lift and take a look at it.

My friend just had a muffler delete done on his BMW at a local hole in the wall shop. They did a great job and the price was super reasonable so I'm thinking about taking my car there to finally get dual exhaust.

Looking at Magnaflow 12226 mufflers. From what I've heard they add a nice bit of rumble without being obnoxious which is my goal. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnaflow-12226-Stainless-Steel-2-5-Oval-Muffler-5x8-20-Long-14-Body-/182387390857?hash=item2a7722b989:g:3P0AAOSwux5YT3ip&vxp=mtr

Possibly going in Friday to have him put my car on the lift and take a look at it.

Let us know how that muffler sounds if that's the route you go. I'm looking for something to replace my OEM muffler with something a little more aggressive, but not obnoxiously so.

So I've been wanting to do this for a long time now and I found a WRX mid pipe for $150 (from what I've seen this is a really good deal). Theoretically speaking... if the WRX exhaust matches up to the hangers on our car then the WRX mid pipe with the nameless legacy axle back should match up perfectly correct?

So I've been wanting to do this for a long time now and I found a WRX mid pipe for $150 (from what I've seen this is a really good deal). Theoretically speaking... if the WRX exhaust matches up to the hangers on our car then the WRX mid pipe with the nameless legacy axle back should match up perfectly correct?

WRX is dual exit so their midpipe would be the "Y" shape I think. You have the 2.5i so there are no hangers on the passenger side. Also I believe there is a difference in the flange on the midpipe or possibly the length that doesn't allow it to marry up without modifying it.

@BeastCoast1

WRX is dual exit so their midpipe would be the "Y" shape I think. You have the 2.5i so there are no hangers on the passenger side. Also I believe there is a difference in the flange on the midpipe or possibly the length that doesn't allow it to marry up without modifying it.

I know you have to extend it 5" or 5.5" and I'd need hangars. I have everything to do it. I can get it all done in my shop. I'm just asking if the axle back will line up with the mid pipe.

I know people have put the stock WRX cat back on, but they used the stock WRX mufflers not Legacy mufflers

I know you have to extend it 5" or 5.5" and I'd need hangars. I have everything to do it. I can get it all done in my shop. I'm just asking if the axle back will line up with the mid pipe.

I know people have put the stock WRX cat back on, but they used the stock WRX mufflers not Legacy mufflers

Ohhh I got it. That is a damn good question!

@BeastCoast1

Wrx is a direct bolt up, after you add in 5.5 inches. No issues. the 3.6r dual has the flange issue. I had a 28" Magnaflow muffler/glasspack added on to shut it up a little bit as the wife went postal when she heard the system straight. I Will probably be selling the entire catback with PS muffler as she made me take it off already. A little too loud for my taste as well. if someone wants to make an offer, its located in 08816.

Let us know how that muffler sounds if that's the route you go. I'm looking for something to replace my OEM muffler with something a little more aggressive, but not obnoxiously so.

I pulled off my muffler and drove around to see how it sounds, it's not obnoxiously loud but it's definitely noticeable. Biggest thing for me is drone on the highway, at 77mph you can hear it but with the fan and radio on it's not bothersome at all.

In short, I'm gonna go dual tip muffler delete. I have a feeling that adding a muffler will take out too much of the nice rumble, and especially the crackling and popping. Good news is it's gonna be cheaper not having to buy mufflers.:cool:

I'd suggest you try pulling yours off just to hear it. It's super easy only took like 10 mins. If it's too loud, put it back on, find a cheap magnaflow on Craigslist, and get it added on. Really all you can do is experiment for yourself as videos really don't do justice to exhaust loudness. I listened to a few delete videos and thought it was gonna be wayyy too loud but turns out it's not in person.

I pulled off my muffler and drove around to see how it sounds, it's not obnoxiously loud but it's definitely noticeable. Biggest thing for me is drone on the highway, at 77mph you can hear it but with the fan and radio on it's not bothersome at all.

In short, I'm gonna go dual tip muffler delete. I have a feeling that adding a muffler will take out too much of the nice rumble, and especially the crackling and popping. Good news is it's gonna be cheaper not having to buy mufflers.:cool:

I'd suggest you try pulling yours off just to hear it. It's super easy only took like 10 mins. If it's too loud, put it back on, find a cheap magnaflow on Craigslist, and get it added on. Really all you can do is experiment for yourself as videos really don't do justice to exhaust loudness. I listened to a few delete videos and thought it was gonna be wayyy too loud but turns out it's not in person.

I did the same when I had nameless put a new tip on mine. Actually I found it to be almost the same as having the 4" muffler on because the muffler created a booming sound (which I like) that having no muffler didn't do.

Haven't committed yet but if I do go dual it'd be on resonated and muffler delete. Maybe cut off the cat and put a high flow cat on.

Got my exhaust done yesterday, it sounds amazing. Final price was $150 however he wasn't able to get tips like I wanted from the supplier he uses. I picked up 2 4" Magnaflow tips on Amazon for $40/ea. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XQQ1TK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#HLCXComparisonWidget_feature_div

Kinda disappointing as I had to pay more for tips than he would've at wholesale but oh well. It's gonna look sweet when they're on and $230 overall is a great price imo.

No pics yet cause said tips haven't come in yet so right now I have just bare 2.25" pipes sticking out and it's ugly:lol: