LegacyGT.com

2.5i Dual Exhaust

Got my exhaust done yesterday, it sounds amazing. Final price was $150 however he wasn't able to get tips like I wanted from the supplier he uses. I picked up 2 4" Magnaflow tips on Amazon for $40/ea. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XQQ1TK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#HLCXComparisonWidget_feature_div

Kinda disappointing as I had to pay more for tips than he would've at wholesale but oh well. It's gonna look sweet when they're on and $230 overall is a great price imo.

No pics yet cause said tips haven't come in yet so right now I have just bare 2.25" pipes sticking out and it's ugly:lol:

Did you have any issues with one side sticking out more than the other? Can't wait to hear how it sounds

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got a WRX mid pipe for $100. I'm trying to decide whether I should go with the Nameless deletes or the 5" since they got rid of the 4" muffler, which is what I have now. Any opinions? I don't have to do any inspections on the car or any of that legal stuff where I live. I also think I'm going to cut off the stock cat and put a high flow cat on (I'll have to talk to Matt about that one)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you have any issues with one side sticking out more than the other? Can't wait to hear how it sounds

Nope, they're both sticking out too far now as he left extra pipe so it can be cut to proper length for the tips. They'll be welded on tomorrow so I should have a clip soon.

Got a WRX mid pipe for $100. I'm trying to decide whether I should go with the Nameless deletes or the 5" since they got rid of the 4" muffler, which is what I have now. Any opinions? I don't have to do any inspections on the car or any of that legal stuff where I live. I also think I'm going to cut off the stock cat and put a high flow cat on (I'll have to talk to Matt about that one)

What model do you have now? I'd try contacting Nameless to see if they'll sell you just the right side since you already have the left.

What model do you have now? I'd try contacting Nameless to see if they'll sell you just the right side since you already have the left.

2.5i Limited. I've thought about that but my concern is that it would look bad because the left one would have more use on it than the right and it wouldn't look the same. My OCD would kick in on me [emoji6] i was on their website looking to get the axle backs this week but they don't have the 3.6 dual up on there anymore.. just the single exit.

2.5i Limited. I've thought about that but my concern is that it would look bad because the left one would have more use on it than the right and it wouldn't look the same. My OCD would kick in on me [emoji6] i was on their website looking to get the axle backs this week but they don't have the 3.6 dual up on there anymore.. just the single exit.

I meant what Nameless model, muffler or delete? Sorry should've been more clear:p

Didn't think about the different amounts of wear...yea that would bother the crap out of me too:lol:

I meant what Nameless model, muffler or delete? Sorry should've been more clear:p

Didn't think about the different amounts of wear...yea that would bother the crap out of me too:lol:

I have the 4" currently

I'm wondering if going full muffler delete on my dual exhaust setup was a mistake. Woke up with a tension headache this morning and after 30 seconds on the highway I realized it wasn't going to be a fun time.:lol: With as often as I get tension as well as migraine headaches it can't stay this way.

Does anyone have experience with side branch resonators? If you're not sure what I'm talking about, see the pic below. I've done the audio analysis and calculations to determine it's between 77-80Hz and would require an ~46" tube to do the trick. I'm just not sure how effective it would be.

Other option is I found these on Craigslist, since they're Subaru mufflers my thinking would be they'd have fairly optimal sound characteristics. Hate to spend this much more but I'll do what I have to. http://columbus.craigslist.org/pts/5954083289.html

Any thoughts?

Side branch resonator pic:

http://imgur.com/MBSKqYc.jpg

I'm wondering if going full muffler delete on my dual exhaust setup was a mistake. Woke up with a tension headache this morning and after 30 seconds on the highway I realized it wasn't going to be a fun time.:lol: With as often as I get tension as well as migraine headaches it can't stay this way.

Does anyone have experience with side branch resonators? If you're not sure what I'm talking about, see the pic below. I've done the audio analysis and calculations to determine it's between 77-80Hz and would require an ~46" tube to do the trick. I'm just not sure how effective it would be.

Other option is I found these on Craigslist, since they're Subaru mufflers my thinking would be they'd have fairly optimal sound characteristics. Hate to spend this much more but I'll do what I have to. http://columbus.craigslist.org/pts/5954083289.html

Any thoughts?

Side branch resonator pic:

http://imgur.com/MBSKqYc.jpg

I may be able to assist with the headaches,

Exhaust came a few days early. I didn't know I was getting the mufflers but I'm happy I got them. Got it all for $100. I'm leaning towards the Nameless muffler delete but I haven't ordered anything else yet.

If I wanted to buy the hangars(or whatever they're called, the bushings connect the two) for the passenger side, where can I find them. I'm not getting this done at an exhaust shop, I'll be doing this myself. 09748284d6e7c4c7dc879e154fd9dd59.jpg0cdc1b0f47416320e1921146ebb3e2f2.jpg14e2994adc1a93d63543a882e2a8097e.jpgc54c36d30ba8e785d2648346339bfc22.jpg

Exhaust came a few days early. I didn't know I was getting the mufflers but I'm happy I got them. Got it all for $100. I'm leaning towards the Nameless muffler delete but I haven't ordered anything else yet.

If I wanted to buy the hangars(or whatever they're called, the bushings connect the two) for the passenger side, where can I find them. I'm not getting this done at an exhaust shop, I'll be doing this myself. 09748284d6e7c4c7dc879e154fd9dd59.jpg0cdc1b0f47416320e1921146ebb3e2f2.jpg14e2994adc1a93d63543a882e2a8097e.jpgc54c36d30ba8e785d2648346339bfc22.jpg

You need to weld the hangers on and then the "bushings" connect the hangers from the exhaust to the hangers on the car. If you can weld just try to find something similar to the drivers side. If not, you'll have to bring it in.

@BeastCoast1

I think my exhaust shop just bent up a piece of solid rod for the hangar.

Also I'm pretty sure you should be able to get the rubber exhaust mounts from your local auto parts store. Though dealer should be able to get OEM ones for you too.

I have the Nameless bushings right now on axle back and they "suit my driving style" [emoji6]. I took a go pro video of the stock exhaust and noticed how much it moves around on the factory bushings. With the Nameless ones it barely moves. Thanks for the input.

• 2 weeks later...

So here's what I got to hopefully end the drone. All stainless genuine SPT stuff for $200:wub:

The gaskets are shot which is no biggie, new ones shouldn't cost much. Oh and it was missing a mid pipe bolt, but I won't even need that since I'm just going to get it chopped and coupled up to mine. I want to keep my resonator for anti-droning purposes.

Sound clip coming, will get one of the muffler delete before it's swapped out so you can hear stock vs. delete vs. SPT.

http://imgur.com/zsdxG1w.jpg

http://imgur.com/yPwJo78.jpg

http://imgur.com/JB6ZC6T.jpg

http://imgur.com/6ak3KsR.jpg

This would look sick if there is a mod to space for the quad tips, I believe I saw a bumper with a square opening for a 3.6 dual and I wonder if those would fit with a little adjustments?

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
So here's what I got to hopefully end the drone. All stainless genuine SPT stuff for $200:wub:

The gaskets are shot which is no biggie, new ones shouldn't cost much. Oh and it was missing a mid pipe bolt, but I won't even need that since I'm just going to get it chopped and coupled up to mine. I want to keep my resonator for anti-droning purposes.

Sound clip coming, will get one of the muffler delete before it's swapped out so you can hear stock vs. delete vs. SPT.

How does the car sound with this setup? Im considering buying the invidia N1 catback for the GT and getting it put on my 2.5. Have you noticed the dual exit decrease acceleration?

• 4 months later...

Hey all, I'm new to this forum but this caught my eye because I was wondering the same thing. Looking to put in the 44200AL02A pipe and associated mufflers/hangers in to replace the 44200 single and associated muffler/hangers temporarily. Mine's a CPO with 9909 miles at the moment and I'd prefer to keep it as stock as humanly possible. But it looks like the lead-in pipe in front of the resonator is a bit longer on the single exhaust set? Has anyone actually tried this yet?

Living in Upstate New York, the winter is going to take its toll on most things under the car, so I hoped to keep the original and just swap it all back if it starts to go. Like OP, my main interest is just having dual-exhaust... I don't care about performance (it's a CVT, not a Richmond) or sound (my neighbor's Impreza drives me insane). Besides, the wife drives this most of the time and I'm happy she stepped down 100 HP. The Buick was a bit much for her, but I still miss dual exhaust.